How is career mode? I’m quitting online

mojav
151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Online has just become a joke and a scam so how is career mode this year?

Comments

• Player career mode? Passable maybe, I don't know.

Manager career mode? A scam.
  • Lee1979
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2017
    It was OK on release, but since the updates, especially the latest one, which many of you won't have yet as it's only on PC, you might as well re-install Fifa 17 with updated squads tbh.

They changed the passing to stop it being over-powered for FUT, but the cpu can still pass the same. The nerfed the standing tackle so it's now pretty much the same as Fifa17, but contain and team-mate contain are ineffective, making defending a pain, CPU players WALK past you and even if you mark the passing lane of a pass, your players will watch it go by them.

I'm in League 2 and not doing too bad considering where the board want me to finish, but many games seem more of a chore than fun.

It's a shame as the last 3 installments of Fifa, I've enjoyed on release, but after a few updates to cater for online play, offline mode becomes a bit of a pain.
  • Lee1979 wrote: »
    It was OK on release, but since the updates, especially the latest one, which many of you won't have yet as it's only on PC, you might as well re-install Fifa 17 with updated squads tbh.

They changed the passing to stop it being over-powered for FUT, but the cpu can still pass the same. The nerfed the standing tackle so it's now pretty much the same as Fifa17, but contain and team-mate contain are ineffective, making defending a pain, CPU players WALK past you and even if you mark the passing lane of a pass, your players will watch it go by them.

I'm in League 2 and not doing too bad considering where the board want me to finish, but many games seem more of a chore than fun.

It's a shame as the last 3 installments of Fifa, I've enjoyed on release, but after a few updates to cater for online play, offline mode becomes a bit of a pain.

You're completely right.
    How in the world Fifa developers don't see that?

Its just so easy to notice. Sometimes looks like they just dont want to improve the game so they can go improving just 10% a year so we keep buying, instead of give their best in the present moment.

Makes sense?
  • DiBinni72
    54 posts Park Captain
    After the new patch gameplaywise very enjoyable.
  • Games are scripted it is pure **** **** on behalf of EA
  • Please give me some fouls! How can u call this a football game we’re there’s no fouls or any cards given. No free kicks of any kind unless u have handballs on but even then nothing called.
  • Wordless
    12 posts Last Pick at the Park
    if you know the reality of playing soccer then you'll like career.