WTF is with passing?

Metalfly
1748 posts Play-Off Hero
Ok, I understand FIFA patched the game so that the no look and spinning 180 passes is nowhere near as effective. But something is messed up with just regular passing too.

Over the past week, I found the AI would decide that that instead of the player in space 10 yards away, who I really want to pass to is the striker 30 yards ahead who's sandwiched betwen two defenders. The amount of ridiculous turnovers from passing going to the wrong target is crazy. It's like 1 in 4 passes would go towards the player I don't want to pass to.

I've turned on trainers, tweaked passing assists, I'm not doing anything different from before but it just keeps on happening. Is this part of EA's mission to reduce passing effectiveness? Sure make the crazy backheels and spin passing less accurate all you want, but I'm trying to string together a series of easy passes with players facing in the direction I'm trying to pass to and it would go somewhere else.

So frustrating and this is making build up play very difficult. :/

Comments

• Pass_And_Move
    73 posts Park Captain
    What really sucks is when you make a pass, it goes to the wrong player and it starts a counter attack for your opponent.
  • ozcs_69
    4856 posts Big Money Move
    are you on PC?
  • Metalfly
    1748 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah I'm on PC
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    Get this constantly. Never once and I mean once had this pre patch. This goes again for the argument of skill gap. EA has ruined the game and literally anybody can win a match now they just need ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rather than the actual ❤️❤️❤️❤️ controller. Pathetic really.
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    This happens all the time. I play a through ball to a player running clear on goal and the A.I sends the ball to another player who happens to be standing behind an opposing player so that I lose the ball. It's a joke.
  • HCB
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game was sh*t. Lots of cheating codes been put inside the program.
  • Epik
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Simple passes looking right at the teammate, 5 yards, not sprinting... oops, 2 yards to the right, and the teammate doesn't even move towards it, just watches it as they slowly back away.
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    Epik wrote: »
    Simple passes looking right at the teammate, 5 yards, not sprinting... oops, 2 yards to the right, and the teammate doesn't even move towards it, just watches it as they slowly back away.

Standard

Basically get punished for playing football and working a space to exploit through passing and not L2 shielding spam triangle
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Oh great, even less control. This will make the publisher happy, less skilled players will win even more games, ultimately spend more money on microtransactions. Open your eyes lads.
  • OSKRT
    7 posts Ball Boy
    I made a similar thread to this too but thought it was just me. Even thought it might've been my controller because I read a thread somewhere that things like that were happening and was fixed after getting a new controller. It sucks because I kept playing FIFA 16 (didn't like how 17 felt) until 18 came out and I got really skilled at it. Could string together some crazy plays, would win division 1 at least once a day. Now I'm happy if I can even string together more than 3 passes. It's frustrating to say the least because you can't build up your play like what you imagine, it's always improvising because of the wrong pass.
  • ZizioGardo
    1438 posts Professional
    OSKRT wrote: »
    I made a similar thread to this too but thought it was just me. Even thought it might've been my controller because I read a thread somewhere that things like that were happening and was fixed after getting a new controller. It sucks because I kept playing FIFA 16 (didn't like how 17 felt) until 18 came out and I got really skilled at it. Could string together some crazy plays, would win division 1 at least once a day. Now I'm happy if I can even string together more than 3 passes. It's frustrating to say the least because you can't build up your play like what you imagine, it's always improvising because of the wrong pass.

Winning Div 1 in FIFA 16 during FIFA 17's life span is not that impressive at all. You just played against all the bad players.
  • Razovar
    2086 posts National Call-Up
    Passing is sorted now, I’ve won my first 3 games since the patch. Stop moaning
  • OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    Razovar wrote: »

Experience told me you will start a similar thread after 30 games.
  • jplumber
    2106 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the most infuriating part about fifa 18 at the moment - and there are many!
  • jplumber
    2106 posts Fans' Favourite
    Razovar wrote: »

Lol, no it hasnt!