Film & Book Discussion

Comments

  • dannyboy
    12831 posts Has That Special Something
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ash wrote: »
    think I might get on this icheckmovies hype, be decent to track from 2016 onwards

    Yeah honestly I use it purely for the lists, they're incredibly useful for finding gems.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    Didn't we try something like this a while back? I think I got past 30+ days but that's a vague and possibly largely inaccurate memory.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    that would be torture
  • dannyboy
    12831 posts Has That Special Something
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    Didn't we try something like this a while back? I think I got past 30+ days but that's a vague and possibly largely inaccurate memory.

    I never tried it. I had a few phases where I'd watch 3-4 movies per day for like 2 weeks but I don't think I managed to get to 30 days.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    Didn't we try something like this a while back? I think I got past 30+ days but that's a vague and possibly largely inaccurate memory.

    I never tried it. I had a few phases where I'd watch 3-4 movies per day for like 2 weeks but I don't think I managed to get to 30 days.

    It may have been whoever Stannis Baratheon was on the old forums then. I don't even know what I'd type into google to find the original posts to be honest.
  • Conor Afc
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Conor Afc wrote: »
    Watched Bridge of Spies yesterday and Legend today - really enjoyed both of them.
    Child 44 and Stalingrad (1993) today.

    Child 44 was pretty forgettable, bar Hardy. Could've done so much more with Oldman's acting/character; a waste.

    Stalingrad was fun though. Not quite on Schindler's List or Downfall's level (in terms of WWII films), but a decent watch nonetheless.
  • dannyboy
    12831 posts Has That Special Something
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    Didn't we try something like this a while back? I think I got past 30+ days but that's a vague and possibly largely inaccurate memory.

    I never tried it. I had a few phases where I'd watch 3-4 movies per day for like 2 weeks but I don't think I managed to get to 30 days.

    It may have been whoever Stannis Baratheon was on the old forums then. I don't even know what I'd type into google to find the original posts to be honest.

    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/390/2930205.page#33918913
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Daniel wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    Didn't we try something like this a while back? I think I got past 30+ days but that's a vague and possibly largely inaccurate memory.

    I never tried it. I had a few phases where I'd watch 3-4 movies per day for like 2 weeks but I don't think I managed to get to 30 days.

    It may have been whoever Stannis Baratheon was on the old forums then. I don't even know what I'd type into google to find the original posts to be honest.

    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/390/2930205.page#33918913

    Lol you're too fast with this stuff.

    I completely forgot about that streak. Looking back now, it was Clockwork Orange that ended the streak on January 30th, but I watched Twelve Monkeys on February 2nd.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    ooo, these lists will definitely be helpful
  • Chubbs
    14458 posts Has That Special Something
    I dont know whether to add movies ive seen previously or not....
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chubbs wrote: »
    I dont know whether to add movies ive seen previously or not....

    Depends what you want to use the site for.

    Whether as a completionist or simply to count how many films you watch from a specific date.
  • Really didn't like Lucy
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    was going to keep my checks at zero but it's actually incredibly easy just to check them from the lists, good stuff like. wee bit fun too
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    Joberto wrote: »
    Really didn't like Lucy
    Yeah I didn't like it either.
    Room's really good.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Movie a day every day for the year? I'm keen haha, although I'd probably watch some films I've already seen too though
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    I just struggle to get motivated for films in all honesty.

    Watched Memento a few nights ago and I said I would watch The Prestige but every night I just watch something else. Sherlock just now.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Anyway, I'm going in for my second viewing of Star Wars today :D
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2015
    Watched Under The Skin today and really liked it. The themes explored, imagery, cinematography, atmosphere and acting by Scarlett Johansson were excellent. The use of music was super effective and added to the atmosphere and tension too. It was slow and very "artsy" but most things in the film had a purpose that added to it in a positive manner.

    Scarlett Johansson was really good in this film imo.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2015
    The King Of Comedy is an underrated Scorsese film. I think it's a masterpiece and one of De Niro's best performances. What an actor De Niro was. His performance was scary and dark yet funny and charismatic all at the same time. Great exploration into the stupidity of celebrity obsessed culture and the nature of the mainstream media. Good look at mental illness too

    Going to watch pan's labyrinth next. Have time to kill and watching good films I haven't seen in a while.
    Post edited by Shane on
  • Cleveland
    2641 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best movie of 2015? Well, The Force Awakens is the best movie of all time so
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Cleveland wrote: »
    Best movie of 2015? Well, The Force Awakens is the best movie of all time so

    Saw it yesterday. Fun and a very gold film, but best movie of all time? Not even the best film of the year imo.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2015
    Updated best of 2015 list (in my opinion):

    1. The Hateful Eight
    2. Ex Machina
    3. The Revenant
    4. Sicario
    5. Son of saul
    6. Room
    7. Star Wars
    8. The Lobster
    9. Mad Max Fury Road
    10. Inside out

    Changed the order a bit and added some films. Pretty much the films I liked watching the most. Down to personal taste
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2015
    Since I've been rewatching a lot of Scorsese and as he's probably one of my favourite directors of all time; here's my top 5 Scorsese films in order:

    1. Taxi Driver
    2. Raging Bull
    3. Goodfellas
    4. The King Of Comedy
    5. Shutter Island

    The Departed/Casino/The Aviator are also up there, although I find the departed a bit overrated despite being a good film.
    Post edited by Shane on
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shane wrote: »
    The King Of Comedy is an underrated Scorsese film

    You're using underrated incorrectly. King of Comedy and De Niro's performance in it received widespread critical. It's rated perfectly fine. Being not as well known as Scorsese and De Niro's other works and doing rubbish at the box office doesn't mean it's underrated.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Where you putting Mean Streets
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Shane wrote: »
    The King Of Comedy is an underrated Scorsese film

    You're using underrated incorrectly. King of Comedy and De Niro's performance in it received widespread critical. It's rated perfectly fine. Being not as well known as Scorsese and De Niro's other works and doing rubbish at the box office doesn't mean it's underrated.

    it's obviously "rated" to a certain extent but I don't think its given as much credit as it deserves critically, hence why I feel like its underrated. It's got nothing to do with box office success
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Ash wrote: »
    Where you putting Mean Streets

    Great film, should have given it a mention. Hard to fit them all into a top 5 unfortunately
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Movies of the year imo, only movies I've bothered watching

    1. Jurassic World
    2. Star Wars 7
    3. Mad Max FR
    4. Ant-Man
    5. Avengers AOE
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try and watch one movie per day starting from 1.1.2016.

    I'm gunna try this for the whole of 2016, might be hard if I'm working a long shift but I'll try
Sign In or Register to comment.