Pausing the game

3NG
946 posts Semi-Pro
I'll start by saying the new pausing feature is a definite step in the right direction but this just happened to me

I was on the mic with a guy in game, seemed like a nice guy at the time of chatting. Was early doors, 25 minutes into the game and it's 0-0. Someone knocks on my door and I request a pause straight away and I try to kick it out of play. He gets the ball before it goes out of play and I let him know the situation, I need to pause because I need to answer the door quickly but he began to pass it around the back and I couldn't tackle him and I still had to answer the door. Came back to the front room to see me being 1-0 down, and as soon as I pick up the controller I get kicked out for being inactive for too long

Comments

  • Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    At first I really like this feature. However, having used it for a few weeks I've realised what a pain it is. The wife regularly pops into my room and I used to be able to pause the game and have a quick chat with her. Now I have to ignore her :-x
  • JayUnited9
    1108 posts Professional
    Don't like it either, it ends up being less convenient when you have to do something quickly like answer the phone or door etc.
  • 3NG
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    Nimmer wrote: »
    At first I really like this feature. However, having used it for a few weeks I've realised what a pain it is. The wife regularly pops into my room and I used to be able to pause the game and have a quick chat with her. Now I have to ignore her :-x

    I honestly don't know why they didn't keep pausing the same ie instant pause when you have the ball but then add the feature that you can request a pause if the opponent has the ball. Seems perfect
  • Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    3NG wrote: »
    Nimmer wrote: »
    At first I really like this feature. However, having used it for a few weeks I've realised what a pain it is. The wife regularly pops into my room and I used to be able to pause the game and have a quick chat with her. Now I have to ignore her :-x

    I honestly don't know why they didn't keep pausing the same ie instant pause when you have the ball but then add the feature that you can request a pause if the opponent has the ball. Seems perfect

    Exactly.
  • EWOODACE
    64 posts Park Captain
    I like it. I was sick of people pausing the game just because they'd played a ball over the top
  • Nathlee123
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nice idea when it’s in your favour, horrible when it isn’t. As you say if you need to get away from the game for 30 seconds for a genuine reason and can’t get the ball, you’re screwed. However people pausing to annoy/disturb you was becoming absurd.
    Feel like this ones always gonna be a lose/lose.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Nathlee123 wrote: »
    Nice idea when it’s in your favour, horrible when it isn’t. As you say if you need to get away from the game for 30 seconds for a genuine reason and can’t get the ball, you’re screwed. However people pausing to annoy/disturb you was becoming absurd.
    Feel like this ones always gonna be a lose/lose.

    Same as before then.
  • Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nathlee123 wrote: »
    Nice idea when it’s in your favour, horrible when it isn’t. As you say if you need to get away from the game for 30 seconds for a genuine reason and can’t get the ball, you’re screwed. However people pausing to annoy/disturb you was becoming absurd.
    Feel like this ones always gonna be a lose/lose.

    I never really came across too many people abusing the pause, but I could see how that would be frustrating.

    It does seem like a lose/lose situation though. Perhaps you get one insta-pause and the two subsequent pauses are queued like they currently are? I guess that is too messy..
  • SPN1987
    2247 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game is all about being the biggest ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you can actually be. Anything for the win for some ppl.
  • ecstazy
    53 posts Park Captain
    I also noticed people that if you score one goal against them they start to use all the pauses, and brake your players legs until they had enough "fun", and they of course quit after that.
  • ICUP
    4724 posts National Call-Up
    That inactive timer is dumb, had a similar issue when I went to go sign for a parcel mid weekend league match and got kicked for inactivity.

  • African11
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    3NG wrote: »
    Nimmer wrote: »
    At first I really like this feature. However, having used it for a few weeks I've realised what a pain it is. The wife regularly pops into my room and I used to be able to pause the game and have a quick chat with her. Now I have to ignore her :-x

    I honestly don't know why they didn't keep pausing the same ie instant pause when you have the ball but then add the feature that you can request a pause if the opponent has the ball. Seems perfect

    I hated that, people would pause at some crucial moments to get you off-game like if they are one on one with the last defender, resume the game and they are gone, it was ridiculous.
Sign In or Register to comment.