Going to buy 12k FP tonight. Which packs?

Solomace
460 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi peeps,

I'm going to treat EA and myself tonight and buy 12k FP.

I know packs are sucky and so I'm probably asking a stupid question (buying 12k FP could also be considered stupid so hey ho :wink: ), however should I just stick to the normal premium gold packs and not open any of the promo ones? What I'm asking is are the promo ones really worth the extra, or is just opening more with the prem gold packs as solid as it's going to get?

I would love to spend all the fp on Drafts, but I rarely get past the second round so it seems like a waste.

Thoughts (besides the obvious don't do it responses :smiley: )

Cheers.

Comments

• M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Promo
  • M_Baller_15
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you think you will play better with a higher rated team, you got another thing coming to you. EAids has suck you in and stolen your money
  • djvkool43
    719 posts An Exciting Prospect
    if you are primarily only playing SB, then don't bother, might as well save the $$$ for Black Friday, Futmas, TOTY, etc...
  • Mace_Windu
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    If you think you will play better with a higher rated team, you got another thing coming to you. EAids has suck you in and stolen your money

Maybe mate.
  • JuliantbX
    1902 posts Play-Off Hero

100% bs
  • Solomace
    Yep, I agree. Better players do help immensly if your a poor player. Great players can play with any teams, however, even the best still rock with million pound teams, so nope, don't agree with his statement.

I understand the issues the game has, however there is a reason people go 40 and 0 and the same people getting elite rewards or winning drafts consistanly even with the issues.

Still, I'm going to open up the packs tonight.
  • Solomace
    djvkool43 wrote: »
    if you are primarily only playing SB, then don't bother, might as well save the $$$ for Black Friday, Futmas, TOTY, etc...

Cheers m8, but I will probably buy some more FP when that happens.
  • Solomace
    Promo

Really? Okay, will prob open a few promo packs and gauge the rewards.

Cheers m8.
  • M_Baller_15
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you're dead set on packs, then you got to do it with the big promo packs or when there's big dollar players available
  • IxToMxI
    5623 posts Big Money Move
    If they release them 50k packs

They are the best
  • Fifafuthed
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have fun m8
  • AJS-17
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    Enjoy and good luck, gotta go for promos!
  • Nervous_Nick
    5236 posts Big Money Move
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If they release them 50k packs

They are the best

oh well, they often suck...in my last 50k pack (WL rewards) the best pull was Belotti, the rest was close to discard value.... :D
  • serefinowitz
    474 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Statistically, the promo packs always offer better odds on pulling good cards as they have a higher ratio of rare cards. However, you could get CR7 in a 5k pack and nothing in 10 100k packs. So it's a lottery as always
  • Mace_Windu
    edited October 2017
    wrong account soz :wink:
  • Solomace
    Cheers all and thanks for the advice.

Will open up the promo packs today/tonight and will get back to you with my haul :smiley:
  • limjitwe
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    Solomace wrote: »
    Cheers all and thanks for the advice.

Will open up the promo packs today/tonight and will get back to you with my haul :smiley:

Good luck. Let us know about your haul
  • Solomace
    5 Prime gold packs - Highest pulls Morata and Vahtongan (SP) IF Dost.

From the other packs. Non of any great worth. Bakayoko and a few 83s.

All in all, it was an okish 12k, with me making around 100k+ with all the hunter cards, comsumerables, 1k+ players etc.

Do I have buyers remorse? Nope I don't. Better than smoking it away or or **** it away with lots of booze.

No Icon or Ronaldo though :wink:

Same time next month me thinks.

Cheers.

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13250 posts Has That Special Something

All in all, it was an okish 12k, with me making around 100k+ with all the hunter cards, comsumerables, 1k+ players etc.

Do I have buyers remorse? Nope I don't. Better than smoking it away or or **** it away with lots of booze.

Cheers.

Unlucky dude, if you weren't so hung up for the coins for the non rare gold cards I would suggest spamming the gold upgrade, it's been very kind to me this year. Among others of course.....pulled auba the other night from them, and IF michy ....normally cost about 3-5k a pop but you'd have loads of players from 12k FP
  • xFATAL
    4226 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Would've waited till tomorrow. EA will probably release some big promo for the Halloween weekend to go along with the boosted players.
  • BayLakeLegend
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pulled Mane and Sane from the five promo packs.
  • TheParty
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hummels and not a single board later from my promo packs. €40 spent on points...hope EA release some nice packs tomorrow to spend the rest on
  • Solomace

Cheers.

Unlucky dude, if you weren't so hung up for the coins for the non rare gold cards I would suggest spamming the gold upgrade, it's been very kind to me this year. Among others of course.....pulled auba the other night from them, and IF michy ....normally cost about 3-5k a pop but you'd have loads of players from 12k FP

Hi mate,

Did as you mentioned and pulled Ceasar Asperq (sp), Jesus, Martial and Godin. This was out of 10 two player packs.

Happier now, but figures I get better untradables than tradeable ones :smiley:

Still, already had Jesus and Martial so it's another 100k, with still a ton of golds, silvers and consums to sell.

Long process but all in all, about 200k + and I've still got 1900 FP left that I thought I'd used :smiley:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice one! @Solomace congrats, those are the kinda pulls you want...desirable players or players you already have so you can sell the tradeable ones you had.....win/win
  • Mace_Windu
    Nice one! @Solomace congrats, those are the kinda pulls you want...desirable players or players you already have so you can sell the tradeable ones you had.....win/win