Is fifa 18 gone already?

Comments

• SeaDawgBob
    939 posts Professional
    I hate to agree and be a downer, but after only playing 30 days I've lost a lot of motivation to play. Last year I played through TOTS, this year I'm just "eh".

For what its worth, I played the demo for at least 10-20 hours (maybe more) and massively enjoyed it. Now, I just play when I'm bored, In previous years I was like "can't wait to get the kid down to play FIFA", now I just play if there's not much else to do
  • Marsu90
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I just had the AI get a cheap free kick and score it in the last minute to win the game for seriously the 10th time in squad battles already.

I'm really ready to just stab someone with my controller.

Online play people either leave in the 15th minute when they see me wreck their **** or they play park the bus and counter all game long.

Absolutely horrid.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah gameplay is bad. Definitely won't be playing that much this year.
  • EWOODACE
    64 posts Park Captain
    Gooner_bna wrote: »
    Even though fifa 17 had its problems, I felt it was the most complete football experience that ea had ever produced.

Can't imagine how they screwed up so much with 18. The worst fifa in over a decade.

FIFA 17 is the only one they made which I truly hated and stopped playing. Even though I lose more than I win on 18 I still quite like it
  • Tenannerz
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I mentioned a lot of this in a post I had the other day. The game was fun and playable in the beginning of the year but like every Fifa they manage to destroy it early on and later on they fix what is broken. I literally had enough of playing online when I was in divisions and needed 1 point to promote to division 4 with 3 games to play. I LOST 3 TIMES in a row by a 92nd goal and didn't get promoted. Like someone else mentioned, I'm literally only playing squad battles although it is really boring and getting off the game. Can't wait for COD at this point.
  • Quaid
    80 posts Park Captain
    This game was good for a few weeks and they nerfed the fun and patched it into oblivion. Seems like they cut servers too?
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    A lot of people talk about the gameplay but the gameplay has always been flawed. I think no matter what, people adapt or put up with the gameplay.

The real killer of 17 and 18 is just how generic the game is with the EPL every game now.

I'd like to see a number of changes.

1. Remove all this PTB bull5hit, stop making the game anti football. The Defensive / Balanced / Attacking style slider was suffice, we didn't need this Ultra Defence or Ultra Attack slider.

2. Remove custom tactics or at least tone them down. Again we don't need this 30 pressure so your defence sits unrealistically deep same with the attacking options. Yes its good to have control. But sadly we all know control in FUT just leads to abuse.

3.Remove the "driven" pass ****. What was wrong with long press equals long pass, short press equals short pass. Did we really need this extra option 90mph pass to your team mate who instantly controls it.

4.Bring bronze and silvers back. 2 thirds of the game lost so EA can focus on pack sales.

5.Change the reward system so that coin awards are the same for bronze, silver and golds or at least give people a reason to use bronze and silver again.

6.Remove chem styles. Seemed like a good idea but they've just made players lose their individuality. Stats should be an accurate representation of their real life counterpart. We shouldn't be making slow players fast or average strikers godly.

7.Reduce the effectiveness of pace, the biggest flaw of FUT every year. It somehow needs addressing.

8. Tone down the frequency of special cards, there's way too many now.

9. Have daily cup tournaments like the daily knockouts with good requirements like using players from some of the lesser leagues.

10. Get rid of WL, this 40 game over 3 days is madness. Why can't it just be points based over how many wins you get over a 7 day period or monthly period etc. Why force people to give up their weekends when a lot of people play during the week.

I'll stop there, but there's undoubtedly more. The game mode was brilliant, the best around. But its lost all direction now. Gold only EPL only ultra competitive only. Bring back the diversity, bring back the fun.

• #playagainstbakayokoeverygame

• EWOODACE
    64 posts Park Captain
    Gromit wrote: »
    A lot of people talk about the gameplay but the gameplay has always been flawed. I think no matter what, people adapt or put up with the gameplay.

The real killer of 17 and 18 is just how generic the game is with the EPL every game now.

1. Remove all this PTB bull5hit, stop making the game anti football. The Defensive / Balanced / Attacking style slider was suffice, we didn't need this Ultra Defence or Ultra Attack slider.

2. Remove custom tactics or at least tone them down. Again we don't need this 30 pressure so your defence sits unrealistically deep same with the attacking options. Yes its good to have control. But sadly we all know control in FUT just leads to abuse.

3.Remove the "driven" pass ****. What was wrong with long press equals long pass, short press equals short pass. Did we really need this extra option 90mph pass to your team mate who instantly controls it.

4.Bring bronze and silvers back. 2 thirds of the game lost so EA can focus on pack sales.

5.Change the reward system so that coin awards are the same for bronze, silver and golds or at least give people a reason to use bronze and silver again.

6.Remove chem styles. Seemed like a good idea but they've just made players lose their individuality. Stats should be an accurate representation of their real life counterpart. We shouldn't be making slow players fast or average strikers godly.

7.Reduce the effectiveness of pace, the biggest flaw of FUT every year. It somehow needs addressing.

9. Have daily cup tournaments like the daily knockouts with good requirements like using players from some of the lesser leagues.

10. Get rid of WL, this 40 game over 3 days is madness. Why can't it just be points based over how many wins you get over a 7 day period or monthly period etc. Why force people to give up their weekends when a lot of people play during the week.

I'll stop there, but there's undoubtedly more. The game mode was brilliant, the best around. But its lost all direction now. Gold only EPL only ultra competitive only. Bring back the diversity, bring back the fun.

A lot of great points apart from toning down special cards. If anything in my case they need increasing. Lol
  • Notformeclive
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite

Agree with every word.
  • Radraptor
    1251 posts Professional

Amen brother
  • SeaDawgBob
    939 posts Professional

Great Post, I agree with everything 100%
  • mutisie
    66 posts Park Captain
    @Gromit with possibly the post of the year..
    If only half of this was implemented we would have equivalent of what PES was back in the day.

Too many kids on here tho that are brainwashed and don't know better.
    As long as those packs are being opened, which are apparently in higher numbers than ever, there is no hope sadly..
  • EliteOJ
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Disclosure wrote: »
    Yup can't wait for CoD.

• JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    realbrutal wrote: »
    I was enjoying squad battles until they started changing gameplay with these dam patches. Still didn't play today's squad battle matches. Ya i'm starting to get put off from the game

Feel the same about SB after the patch. I'm still trading and playing a bit here and there, but it's all meh.
  • JayUnited9
    1095 posts Professional
    The worst FIFA so far, no doubt about it. Every single match feels the same. The patch completely ruined it. Me and my friends are all already very bored of it, while it took us til about April to be this bored of FIFA 17. I couldn't even be bother finishing off my WL games last week despite being 20/24, I ended up leaving it on 20 wins.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1177 posts Professional
    I dont feel the urge to play it anymore myself i dont really get to play it much anyway i held off on buying the game and i can just go to my mates house and play it. Its the same with other games destiny 2 is now extremely boring once you reach the power lvl cap theres literally nothing to do.

Waiting for some decent games to come out to be fair pubg for xbox even though it may play awful hopefully not and loads of other games. I've been playing some very old games lately on my ps2 and snes all the resident evil games, gta vice city and donkey Kong country games i really do miss those days when games were fun but challenging.

Says it all really there's just no games i want to play on current gen they're boring.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Navigating menus....lag
    Opening bronze packs....lag
    Checking the market....lag
    Play online match....lag

Lag....

• OZero
    4974 posts Big Money Move
    It definitely doesn't feel like October now, 1 month after release. The feeling of meh is like April.
  • Retro_G
    28156 posts Player of the Year
    I haven't played one game all week. The game is one dimensional, feels too similar to Fifa 17 after the patch. Fifa 17 was a good game, but I got burnt out on that title. I wanted something fresh this year, we had that for about 7 days until that patch.

History repeats itself, Fifa 12 was great on the new engine, followed by Fifa 13 which was atrocious. Same story with Fifa 18 unfortunately, after Fifa 17 was on their new engine.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I haven't played one game all week. The game is one dimensional, feels too similar to Fifa 17 after the patch. Fifa 17 was a good game, but I got burnt out on that title. I wanted something fresh this year, we had that for about 7 days until that patch.

History repeats itself, Fifa 12 was great on the new engine, followed by Fifa 13 which was atrocious. Same story with Fifa 18 unfortunately, after Fifa 17 was on their new engine.

It's not even about what engine they use, as someone pointed out, there is a lot more wrong this year than has been before. They are milking the fanbase for what its worth because the popularity of FIFA right now will ensure any dissatisfied fan will immediately be replaced by hoards of YouTube followers. These kids are the ones who buy the packs therefore in EAs eyes, they have the loudest voice.

The game is no longer fun. Trading has begun to lose its allure, seasons and WL are a chore to play, toxic community (fueled by YouTubers and their "super" tactics), lack of diversity in almost every form.

There really isn't much joy in getting high rates players either. Most players feel like literal copies of each other. Same movement, same stat performance (in terms of shot accuracy, pass accuracy, pass speed, ball control etc).

People wanted a balance to the defending, toned down long shots and realistic passing... Most people even praised EA for heading in the right direction at the begining of the game.
  • Janscharie
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont feel the urge to play it anymore myself i dont really get to play it much anyway i held off on buying the game and i can just go to my mates house and play it. Its the same with other games destiny 2 is now extremely boring once you reach the power lvl cap theres literally nothing to do.

Waiting for some decent games to come out to be fair pubg for xbox even though it may play awful hopefully not and loads of other games. I've been playing some very old games lately on my ps2 and snes all the resident evil games, gta vice city and donkey Kong country games i really do miss those days when games were fun but challenging.

Says it all really there's just no games i want to play on current gen they're boring.

I think there is remastered version of Dragons Dogma the Store. Had loads of fun on the old xbox playing that.
  • BeardedBerk
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Back to being way to assisted again like 17.

Release was far from perfect but better than this dross we have to endure now
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    Back to being way to assisted again like 17.

Release was far from perfect but better than this dross we have to endure now

Patched or not every game would still be EPL every game.

People need to look past the patch and the gameplay. The game is just bad full stop. There is literally nowhere for it to go.

17 was the same and it was obvious 18 would follow suit. EA needed to take action but they're selling more packs than ever.

Why on earth anyone wants to play this **** is beyond me. Soulless boring game.
  • Schmucke13
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Totally agree... EA has made this game totally ridiculous and far away from what football is truly. How can a player like rakitik, asensio, iniesta, koke and a bunch more be useless in this game? Why does EA give so much importance and boost to EPL players only?

I have nothing against EPL, I think it is fantastic and has some great players and teams.... but when was the last time an EPL team did something in the champions league?

• Schmucke13
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AHHHHHHHHHH and I did not mention the ridiculous game speed. Try and narrate a FUT game like in real life and you guys will see what im saying
  • Nathlee123
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you forget it’s a football game and just compare it to other games and how they’re produced, preserved and run, then I’d imagine fifa wouldn’t get in the top 20/30 most years. They (more recently) are not well made games. It has to have more issues than most games. All multiplayer games have issues don’t get me wrong and I don’t believe they don’t. However in my personal experience fifa is consistently the worst out there.
  • jackm57
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite

Agree 100% with it all with 1,2 and 6 being the most important for me.

This post should be stickied or at least be copy and pasted on every thread.

• Aqeel87
    2400 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you reading EA? Bring back 18 or your game will die within weeks.
  • Massman
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Make an alternative wl for those who didnt qualify , with max 74 rating teams
    Make silver and bronze relevant
    That would make the game fun again