The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is trading dying off?

Legends.1878
3646 posts National Call-Up
?

Comments

• MataOfFact
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    hope so
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't know why ea don't just scrap the market and go pack only because that's what they want.
    Me personally, I would stop playing the game if I can't trade, the game is just not good enough to hold my interest on its own
  • Vaaass
    2864 posts National Call-Up
    Only because EA killed it off
  • Legends.1878
    Vaaass wrote: »

Yeah this is what I mean, from their point of view it makes sense really
  • ?

Based on what mate? (Honest question, haven't traded in a bit)
  • Legends.1878
    ?

People are loading up for SBC’s and Marquee matchups & it’s almost like EA know what they’re doing and deliberately screwing them over
    In the old days like 14 & 15 you could read the market a bit to profit now it’s practically impossible
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    EA would rather people spend coins and money on packs rather than trade, and the people who are happy trading is dying are the ones who are usually too dumb to trade.
  • Ghazano
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    EA are deliberately screwing over investors by crashing the market down perpetually. Nothing has risen in the last 2 weeks and just when there was a hint of recovery they released the promo packs which crashed it down even further.

The only thing that would recover the market would be if they released some prime icon SBC but they didn't do that because they want to screw over traders even more .
  • Nathlee123
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The content added is killing the market, everyone now knows to hoard players for supply and demand.
    I’d prefer they just had a marketplace they ran where you buy players for coins earned and sold players for a set price. (If it keeps going as it is).
    I wanted pepe in my Turkish team and he was literally extinct so long I scrapped it.
  • Janscharie
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Game is already dead.. really don't feel the urge to play as i did with 17
  • FaFiFa
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    Fifa 18 is dead.EA killed it
  • Lawn17
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    Don't know why ea don't just scrap the market and go pack only because that's what they want.
    Me personally, I would stop playing the game if I can't trade, the game is just not good enough to hold my interest on its own
    Totally ageee
  • Mutu10gol
    2629 posts Fans' Favourite
    MataOfFact wrote: »
    hope so

• Nathlee123
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017

Couldn’t agree more. I can’t believe what it’s become. I was listening to an ign podcast today and they just ripped into ea. Madden, fifa, etc. They’ve been voted worst company in America I believe twice. They are sadly the lucky company who have this game, when others would produce it so much better.
    Post edited by RadioShaq on
  • 030NieLSxNL
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trading is getting downwards for me last week. Silver players prices dropped en other techniques didn't work well this week.
  • DeanoZoff
    4465 posts National Call-Up
    Trading one of the only exciting things left, but now its slowly dying.

Fifa doesnt represent football in any way and is an absolute **** show of bugs, glitches and "meta" things such as driven shots. (Hate the term meta btw).

We need another football game to show this mob what can be done
  • Xaini29
    1994 posts Fans' Favourite
    made 4 m yet with minimum efforts--how is trading dying off ?
  • RadioShaq
    15385 posts Moderator
    Maybe check out one of the trading threads like nif golds discard informs futgatsby ect.
  • Legends.1878
    Xaini29 wrote: »
    made 4 m yet with minimum efforts--how is trading dying off ?

Minimum effort and £500 on packs
  • azza452
    1351 posts Professional
    All this effort we put in though only to start again next september
  • reddevildanne
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    100% EA will place a CB in KV Kortrijk when Pro League SBC hits, they only got 2 CBs. Just so all that have invested ( me included ) gets f over.
  • Suarez8
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    Agree with most points made in this thread, but I don't agree that trading is dying off..

Still a lot off coins to be made, but EA is definitely making it harder.
    If I have enough coins to trade with I can still make 150K on a evening with flipping cards.
    Also, I only invest in IF's! (unless they are discard or when it's short-term) IF's don't really drop unless it is a big crash or when they get a higher IF.
    When you invest in NIF's you're f***** as soon as they release promo packs.

• lucas
    4944 posts Big Money Move

No it doesn’t, the customer experience is going down each fifa, because they are too focusted on short-term profit (like most american companies) but this means in the long term losses could be huge if pes manage to create a better copy of fut
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    Suarez8 wrote: »
    Agree with most points made in this thread, but I don't agree that trading is dying off..

Still a lot off coins to be made, but EA is definitely making it harder.
    If I have enough coins to trade with I can still make 150K on a evening with flipping cards.
    Also, I only invest in IF's! (unless they are discard or when it's short-term) IF's don't really drop unless it is a big crash or when they get a higher IF.
    When you invest in NIF's you're f***** as soon as they release promo packs.

Do you just do IF trading when you have spare coins ? As in, quick flips same night you bought ?
  • Ronaldo
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    100% EA will place a CB in KV Kortrijk when Pro League SBC hits, they only got 2 CBs. Just so all that have invested ( me included ) gets f over.

And so they should
  • Ronaldo
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    SBC'S have only been around for 2 years and have made trading 100 times easier, if anyting EA stimulated trading by adding it. What's dying off is people trying to predict sbc's and hoarding up bronze and silver players to sell them for 10 K
  • bad pack luck
    2827 posts Fans' Favourite
    ?

People are loading up for SBC’s and Marquee matchups & it’s almost like EA know what they’re doing and deliberately screwing them over
    In the old days like 14 & 15 you could read the market a bit to profit now it’s practically impossible

Uhh, I've made 3.5 million in four weeks just trading. It seems easier than ever.
  • RadioShaq
    15385 posts Moderator
    Really though what can ea do? People who invest in sbcs want the price to be unreasonable high for max profit while people who want to do the sbc want it reasonable and not pay 100k for a 10k pack.
  • Tornado31619
    18903 posts World Class
    Ronaldo wrote: »
    SBC'S have only been around for 2 years and have made trading 100 times easier, if anyting EA stimulated trading by adding it. What's dying off is people trying to predict sbc's and hoarding up bronze and silver players to sell them for 10 K
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    lucas wrote: »

No it doesn’t, the customer experience is going down each fifa, because they are too focusted on short-term profit (like most american companies) but this means in the long term losses could be huge if pes manage to create a better copy of fut

It's not just the yanks.
    Britain too