Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

TOTS Diego Costa and TOTS De Gea review.

ScottW51
152 posts Has Potential To Be Special

TOTS Diego Costa

Diego Costa and his bulldog like approach. I feel that EA have missed a trick by not dubbing over the famous Carlos Tevez commentator quote that was so prevalent in previous FIFA's.

Renowned for his aggressive and direct style of play, it was interesting for me to see if there was any way to make that particular style of play even more effective in Ultimate Team.
With 92 sprint speed, 98 strength and 96 aggression, it was no surprise that Costa was majorly effective.

Every time he picked up the ball he just tore past defenders, even when they caught up with him, he was able to outmuscle the strongest of opponents, including the ever-present, rage inducing, Kyle Walker.

He was so deadly in front of goal, but not just scoring the simple tap-ins, he can do everything. Whether it be a volley from inside the box, or a long shot from 30 yards out, Diego Costa can finish it.

Unbelievably, his incredibly accurate finishing can also lead to him missing a few chances. There was a couple of occasions where he - to use an Andy Townsend phrase - "hit the ball too well."
It's a only minor negative, but it could be quite frustrating if you're looking for a last minute winner etc.

For 420k, I don't think you can go wrong with purchasing TOTS Diego Costa, even if that is your entire budget.

Due to the fact he plays in the BPL and is Spanish, he's easy to link with players from the league or nation. You could even have TOTS Fabregas to give him that perfect club + nation link.

That's why i've given TOTS Diego Costa a 9/10 rating.

TOTS De Gea

TOTS David De Gea produces form that was only shown at the very start of his Manchester Utd career.

He somehow manages to save the hard shots that you don't expect a FIFA 15 goalie to save.
But then manages to ruin it all, by not saving shots that lead to goals wouldn't be out of place at the top of the FIFA subreddit captioned, "This is how I lost the Gold Cup."

The one major positive I found while playing with De Gea was that he commanded his box better than any other goalkeeper i've used this year.

I've been fortunate enough to use many high-rated keepers this year, but nobody comes close to De Gea with regards to claiming balls at corners, or collecting the ball from crosses.

That's what makes the fact that he's so bad at shot-stopping annoying. If he was able to even perform half as well as his non-inform, then he'd be perfect.

I also believe that there is a mental issue with regards to spending so much on a high-rated keeper card, and seeing an actual difference. I think expectations are altered when we spend over 100k+ on a goalie, or in fact, any player.

However, when it comes to outfield players. We can force them to be good. We can continue to dribble with them even though we've failed 9 times in row. That's something that we can't sort with goalkeepers.

Anyway, enough rambling. That still doesn't excuse De Gea's constant poor performances for me.
His trait that made me hate him the most, was his stupidly short throw. Goalkeepers that play in any of my teams need to have a giant throw. It's what makes counter-attacking so effective for me.
De Gea could've been the greatest if he had only learned to throw the ball further and save easy shots.

That's why I rated TOTS De Gea a 5/10.

I've uploaded my first ever player review to my new Youtube channel. I'm not going to plug it too much, but it would be nice if anyone could give me some constructive feedback on anything in it. I've put a bit of work into the graphics into it, as I work as a graphic designer currently while also studying multimedia journalism at University, so it made a bit of sense for me to try and enhance both my graphics and broadcasting skills.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Nice thanks
  • Sir Lew1s
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good video mate. Tempted with Costa, but will wait it out I think
  • Maradona
    4833 posts Big Money Move
    I ended up getting De Gea, pretty satisfied. Long throws are an issue but I pass the ball kicking it with him.

He allows me to use ultra attacking because he is very good leaving the box, very fast. Feels like Neuer libero style.
  • ScottW51
    Maradona wrote: »
    I ended up getting De Gea, pretty satisfied. Long throws are an issue but I pass the ball kicking it with him.

He allows me to use ultra attacking because he is very good leaving the box, very fast. Feels like Neuer libero style.

Completely agree, if only he had the long throw then he'd be perfect. :neutral:
  • ScottW51
    Costa couldn't finish a ham sandwich.

Completely incorrect. He'll finish whatever you give him. :p