Wrongly accused of coin transferring

Ashy
9489 posts League Winner
edited October 2017
Basically I've been accused of transferring and this is not the case, I've been doing a league SBC all day, completed 13/16 teams in the last few hours and I suddenly lose disconnection to EA Servers, kicks me out of UT and I go back in and it comes up with the tutorial video, starter squad etc. Then I go back out and re-enter and it says a message about coin distribution, it looks like me paying for a handful of overpriced players (5k-6k) doing the Russian league SBC has got me banned, my account has been completely reset

Anyone experienced this? What can I do?
Post edited by Ashy on

Comments

• Demon
    1262 posts Professional
    talk to the support chat?
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Demon wrote: »

Been looking for that but can't seem to find the right place, anyone have a link?
  • Demon
    1262 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »

Been looking for that but can't seem to find the right place, anyone have a link?

probably somewhere on here https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-18/ depending on your issue, one of the contact options should be chat with an advisor

something like this

6b923586de7731707583bf951d522e2f.png
  • RadioShaq
    14886 posts Moderator
    You could always call too. I dunno the number should be on one of your games or in a manual.
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    I've sent an email but not sure how long these they take to reply,band I'm not sure about a phone number I have a digital copy so no manual, in a live chat waiting queue now
  • Demon
    1262 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    I've sent an email but not sure how long these they take to reply,band I'm not sure about a phone number I have a digital copy so no manual, in a live chat waiting queue now

here you go found one

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=fifa-18&platform=ps4&category=technical-support&issue=game-progress-issues&isChannelSelection=true

edit: select live chat
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Has anyone heard about this happening to anyone before? I mean I can't help it if certain silver players are 6k minimum buy now, I've maybe bought about 6 or so players that price, it's ridiculous
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017

here you go found one

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=fifa-18&platform=ps4&category=technical-support&issue=game-progress-issues&isChannelSelection=true

And cheers, waiting to speak to an agent now
    Edit it’s with the terms of service guys to look at so guess I’ll see what happens in the next few days
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Demon
    1262 posts Professional

here you go found one

Edit it’s with the terms of service guys to look at so guess I’ll see what happens in the next few days

any time
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite

here you go found one

They will basically go over every transfer you've made on fifa 18.. Will take them 5 or so days. If you are genuinely telling the truth, and never done anything dodgy they will un ban you.
  • y2k
    1365 posts Professional
    This is becoming a joke.. reminds me of Metallica going after Napster. An entity making millions but is risking its reputation to squeeze that last few dollars out... in this case by trying to stop any form of coin buying, and ending up with a ton of false positives.
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Quinn87 wrote: »

here you go found one

They will basically go over every transfer you've made on fifa 18.. Will take them 5 or so days. If you are genuinely telling the truth, and never done anything dodgy they will un ban you.

I hope they do, I have nothing to worry about if I genuinely did coin transfer I’d have just accepted it and moved on, I’ll be very disappointed if they don’t un ban me

Word of warning for anyone buying a few overpriced silver players for SBC’s don’t do it all in one day since it seems like it could flag your account and remove your club
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    y2k wrote: »
    This is becoming a joke.. reminds me of Metallica going after Napster. An entity making millions but is risking its reputation to squeeze that last few dollars out... in this case by trying to stop any form of coin buying, and ending up with a ton of false positives.

It's simple incompetence or laziness on EA's part. EA must know the prices people are trading at for any given player. They should only be alerted when someone repeatedly trades way above or below the level of current trades. It can't be that difficult to work out...

OP, I hope this gets sorted for you.
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    snoikdonk wrote: »
    y2k wrote: »

It's simple incompetence or laziness on EA's part. EA must know the prices people are trading at for any given player. They should only be alerted when someone repeatedly trades way above or below the level of current trades. It can't be that difficult to work out...

OP, I hope this gets sorted for you.

I mean the automatic system they have in place doesn't account for that I guess, I wonder how other people get around this when buying overpriced silver/bronze players for these new SBC's. I guess when they investigate it further they will see the handful of cards I bought for around 5-6k were at their lowest price or in open bid at that time, my thinking is someone has bought a load of certain players and has price fixed them and I ended up buying a couple or few from that person, I cannot control how much these players are going for if they are being price fixed :|

Anyway just waiting for a reply in the next few days I'll update this thread when I do, thanks
  • Rossco160715
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was warned at the start of fifa for coin selling. Not banned. I called anyway as I had sold a silver player who wasn’t even on the market for max price and it was resolved pretty quickly. Lot of information about automatic systems etc. Didn’t bother listening.
  • Huxx
    3024 posts National Call-Up
    they try so hard to make an addictive game then kick you out when you spend too much time on it!
  • ItsA3buttonGame
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Email Andrew Wilson EA CEO.

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-10451
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    I was warned at the start of fifa for coin selling. Not banned. I called anyway as I had sold a silver player who wasn’t even on the market for max price and it was resolved pretty quickly. Lot of information about automatic systems etc. Didn’t bother listening.
    @Rossco160715 You called a number which one? The thing with my case is I was not warned, simply buying players for this Russian League SBC 95% of them at a decent price, the odd few going for 4-6k or whatever, nothing I can do about that unless I spend hours trying to snipe, even then they may still be overpriced or wait weeks for them to drop, then suddenly I get kicked out and re-enter with the video tutorial and a new club created, re-enter again and the message comes up about coin distribution so it's definitely to do with those Russian League silver players.
    Huxx wrote: »
    they try so hard to make an addictive game then kick you out when you spend too much time on it!
    Well said, I've spent a good amount of money (couple of £100) so trying to get this sorted asap, I actually don't mind missing a few days of UT its just the fact this can happen over a few overpriced price fixed silver players needed for an SBC...
    Cheers for the help, I've just emailed him, worth a shot if he can escalate the investigation
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    Just an update on this, I contacted the CEO via email last night, the next morning I get an email from an EA executive/customer relations lead through his personal email, who has personally escalated the case, well I’ve just logged in on the web app and my team is back and everything within half a day!

I still don’t have an email back from EA saying they’ve sorted it but just glad to have my account back and it only took 2 days, just be careful when you buy price fixed silver/bronze players for an SBC
  • ha032742
    35023 posts Moderator
    Just an update on this, I contacted the CEO via email last night, the next morning I get an email from an EA executive/customer relations lead through his personal email, who has personally escalated the case, well I’ve just logged in on the web app and my team is back and everything within half a day!

I still don’t have an email back from EA saying they’ve sorted it but just glad to have my account back and it only took 2 days, just be careful when you buy price fixed silver/bronze players for an SBC

Good job, now sell me that Gullit for min :D
  • FYI this happened to me in 17 and it took about 10 days before I could log back in.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Glad to hear it mate

Wonder if the fella you bought from got coin wiped :#
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    I’ve just gone on console everything is fine except my match earnings and transfer profit has reset on the leaderboard but I don’t care about that tbh
  • Demon_reborn
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    The people who prive fix players should be banned permanently. Its a joke that the ones paying extortion amounts for silvers are getting banned!
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve just gone on console everything is fine except my match earnings and transfer profit has reset on the leaderboard but I don’t care about that tbh

Yeah, that's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you've put the kind of money into your account that you have.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Great news! 2 days is nothing, people have waited months in similar cases!
  • Devers
    7383 posts League Winner
    nice one, your lucky, im glad Ea are on the ball with these cases this year.

happened me in 13, got accused of selling coins and got a ban, was around toty to and i was pissed.

made a new account, then got an email 4 months later appologising and the account was unbanned,butwas to late at that stage!
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite

I May drop him an e-mail about my account that got banned in 17 LOL
  • I had my club deleted for coin distribution. First time offence,any idea what from my club if anythingi get back. Got the icon edition will I get my packs??
  • Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    EdHazard10 wrote: »
    I had my club deleted for coin distribution. First time offence,any idea what from my club if anythingi get back. Got the icon edition will I get my packs??

If you are innocent and they give you your account back after investigating you will just get it as you left off no extra packs or anything, I didn’t miss any of my icon packs hard to say