451 flat is very interesting.

mojav
151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So I've been testing this formation and it plays really well. It basically morphs into a 433 but is so much better at stopping counters. Only downside is it's not good for hybrids. Set you ST to false 9 and go forward a little more slowly and you literally unlock any defence. During my testing I have not had a game where I didn't score 4+ and I have only conceded 2 in a match. I am not the greatest player but I do try and play real.

Fullbacks must be on always overlap there is enough cover to stop counters using a high line if you just slow them down your men will get back very quickly.

I would deffo recommend it if you like a passing game.

Comments

• Satch85
    1049 posts Professional
    Might give a try mate, what instructions and custom tactics do you use?
  • MataOfFact
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is good for defending, but difficult to attack with
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anything like this that goes against the meta interests me. Currently using a 352 to try and combat the narrow formations and is going quite well. What I like is that fullbacks on overlapping is something that adds a whole new attacking dimension. I think that fullbacks set to stay back are pointless this year.
  • mojav
    My ct's are pretty balanced.

Speed 42
    Passing 45
    Organised

Passing 36
    Crossing 46
    Shooting 26

Free form

Pressure 58-65 depends on defenders
    Aggression 56
    Width 54
    Cover

Player instructions are basically all balanced except
    Fullbacks always overlap
    ST false 9 or balanced worked aswell.

Make sure your central CM is very good and your outer CMs good passing and agile.

Pretty much depends how you play but it seems to suit me better than the 433's as they leave you wide open most of the time
  • Thamightyboro
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    4411 with a h/h or h/m cf kind of achieves the same bit will provide a little more options in attack.

Set cts/inst right and its 4141 on def 415 attack
  • mojav
    well I have SIF kimmich and alaba so they must be on always overlap as they add so much to the attack. Not many players can cope with 2v1s down the flanka
  • mojav
    4411 could work the same I guess but i don't like 4141 this year.

Flat midfields seem to work really well as the passing is too accurate people can bypass cams and cdms to easily. A solid midfield wall cuts this out
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm giving it a go. I'll use this for 25 games and let you know. Might adjust agres a tad higher but cheers
  • mojav
    Yea please share your experience with it
  • ChopperChedder
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Recommend a 4231 (unsure with version, 2 cdms, rm, lm, cam,st)

Have my front four as firminho (hernandez sub) son (left) sigurdsson (cam, mata sub) and b.silva (rm, mahrez sub)

Wanyama and shniedlerlin covering as cdms
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Nice thread, we need more of these suggestion posts for combatting the endless 4321 and 41212 BPL teams.

I have used 433(3) for around 100 games now and it’s working very well. Perhaps it suits my game, but I needed something that achieves a few things.

- a formation that suits deeper possession play
    - when set to a modest defensive stance, can out number and deal with playing all the pacey 4321s etc
    - A formation that can use wingers as well as play down the middle

Probably not for everyone, but worth a try if you value your defence.
  • deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    Im running 451 its great for me at the min
    I put both cams on stay fw, free roam
    Cm stay back ( must be a high defensive cm)
    Wingers balanced
    And full backs stay back .
    it feels so balanced ,defence wise my players are always positiond well with the help of the cm sweeping up to , my wide players Are up and down like yoyo's .
    Attacking wise my players are making great runs and always finding space . Im not seeing any negatives at the min but you deffo need a strong defensive cm as you have 2 cams and no cdms , plus keep full backs on stay back aswell otherwise you will get **** on the counter. I never trigger my defenders or cm to make a run . Winning loads , scoring loads , defending well since i changed to this formation .

https://i.imgur.com/Iu0ukpP.jpg
  • Nankatsu
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Should the middle cm more desensive or creative?
  • AliasMaurice
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    TWS001 wrote: »
    Anything like this that goes against the meta interests me. Currently using a 352 to try and combat the narrow formations and is going quite well. What I like is that fullbacks on overlapping is something that adds a whole new attacking dimension. I think that fullbacks set to stay back are pointless this year.

352 is how I want to play football. 2 strikers 2 wingers and a cam. I changed to 3412 and I found it better. The fact your midfield triangle are closer together helps when defending/closing down.
  • AllBookedUp
    64 posts Park Captain
    c0aec27d5b42366b1d8de5141f7d457c.png

Plays very nice for slow buildup play.
  • I ran this a few year ago during the WC with a German team and it was awesome. Might have to try it again
  • madwullie
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Had just built this before I saw the thread. Loved this formation in 16

3dnnLVc.jpg
  • Nervous_Nick
    5037 posts Big Money Move
    just built this...it's also easy to morph into 41212 wide...

2a95kip.png
  • madwullie
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Loved that formation in 15 but I'm just not defensively confident enough any more to play it