Is Alex Sandro worth it?

CarlosJr9
577 posts An Exciting Prospect
I've been thinking about buying him but his price tag is a bit steep is he worth the coins?

Comments

• patjebeek1995
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got him untradeable and really happy with that pull, also got a untradeable alaba and sandro beats him IMO.
  • Fabi1234
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeeeeeeeees
  • JorisDB
    1336 posts Professional
    Best LB in the game, he's so good.
    84 phys is the thing that makes him insane in my opinion, and which is why he outclasses Alaba.
    Marcelo was never a match for Sandro in '18, since Marcelo's only got 78 pace which is too slow in my opinion..
  • krippJ
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's really good!
  • CarlosJr9
    Looks like I'll get him then, I was also considering IF Ghoulam but Sandro's card looks too good.
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    If his price is nothing to you then go for it, why wouldn't you? If you'd rather spend the coins elsewhere, Ghoulam is excellent tbf.
  • If you have plenty in the bank then yes. If you just have 100k then get IF Ghoulam and invest the balance elsewhere.
  • Currieman
    4848 posts National Call-Up
    I'm using Ghoulam and Lukaku and they are both great. Sandro is good but depends if you wanna spend the coins.
  • Jaycunn
    52 posts Park Captain
    I’ve had Sandro and IF ghoulam- the latter being preferred sold Sandro back to get ghoulam after thinking Sandro would be a good upgrade
  • Can’t see past Lukaku in my Italian squad very rarely gets beat for pace and offers a decent amount going forward
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    lukaku is way better than ghoulam IF although ghoulam did score goals.
  • I bought my Sandro a while ago and had a shadow on him and he feels as fast as anyone in the game with or without the ball. If you do get him i would suggest going with a shadow even though he is already really fast. It allows you to rapidly bring the ball up the pitch after he easily snatches it away and be able to gamble a little on defense because he is so damn fast. Honestly best lb in the game imo and i feel he is miles better than Alaba. Though he is around 90k(xb), he is the best player at that position imo and will make your team better so i would say go for it if you have the coins.
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    CarlosJr9 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about buying him but his price tag is a bit steep is he worth the coins?

IF Ghoulam is a tank and a fraction of the price.
  • GiveMeKoke
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just get Lukaku..
  • SavelPT
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolutly.
  • CarlosJr9
    I've bought him and played 2 games and he feels decent, his positioning seems great he made a few good interceptions plus he's very quick and strong. I had lukaku previously, he was good but I thought his passing was inconsistent and I also found myself in a goal scoring position quite often with him but his shooting was terrible.
  • Lloydie
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did enjoy him but I couldn't warrant the extra price over the other LB's I could use.

If you have the coins available then try him and see how he is.
  • DicaniosGod
    4533 posts Big Money Move
    Lukaku is a monster, he chases down and stops everything!!
  • paul24878306
    4543 posts Big Money Move
    Same as any player. Hes worth it if you have the coins without worrying.

Personally there a much better places to upgrade a squad first - but if you have done the rest already, or have coins to burn - sure hes worth it.

I always upgrade my fullbacks last (to top end players) UNLESS Im using a 5atb with fullbacks on always overlap. In that case you have a fast fullback that can pass/cross/score who also have great stamina. There arnt many of those so you have to spend the coins.
  • Nervous_Nick
    4513 posts National Call-Up
    Sandro is the best, fast, strong, agile and his crossing is superb...
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Untouchable