The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Weekend league not long enough?

MNnative
358 posts Sunday League Hero
I can finish elite 3 gold 1 but always end up silver 1 cuz I don't have enough time with work and kids. I hate being a good player and winning most games only to finish lower than other people.

Comments

• Sanchezzzz
    4335 posts National Call-Up
    That’s how it is I’m afraid, subtle brag thread by the looks of it though tbf.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7168 posts League Winner
    Plays the easier first 10 games and thinks he's top dog all of a sudden. Watch yourself @Kurt
  • maymanpele
    14423 posts Has That Special Something
    Well, it's called "weekend league" not "week long league"
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Oh good, this again
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    To be fair, it runs all weekend.

The only people who can consistently complete 40 games don't have a lot on in their life if we're being honest though.
  • MNnative
    Exactly and I work 6 days a week most weeks so is called weekend leage but I don't really have a f"@& weekend
  • MNnative
    And no I'm not too dog but I can beat you average player been playing since ultimate team came out and I pay to win so to speak. Have front 3 of 87 adp Ronaldo sand 90 gullit and it's hard to lose games actually lol
  • MNnative
    Plus I don't see how winning a little over half my games is s best either it's not hard to get gold 1...
  • IDARYL
    5774 posts Big Money Move
    You have work and kids....its called responsibilities, you have them stop moaning
  • Argie8
    6212 posts Big Money Move
    I do wish it was 30 games tbh. 40 is nuts. Don't know how I did it last year
  • Otis
    3526 posts National Call-Up
    MNnative wrote: »
    Plus I don't see how winning a little over half my games is s best either it's not hard to get gold 1...

The games get harder as you move up the tiers generally. So that doesn't mean you'll hit elite because your going 10-0 to start.
  • Realist
    3052 posts National Call-Up
    Ditch one of kids or job and concentrate on FIFA. If you're right and you do get top 100 then well done and those extra packs you get will be totally worth it......
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Exactly and I work 6 days a week most weeks so is called weekend leage but I don't really have a f"@& weekend
    Well if you work 6 days a week, you only have 1 free day anyway so what’s the point in extending it just for you
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    And no I'm not too dog but I can beat you average player been playing since ultimate team came out and I pay to win so to speak. Have front 3 of 87 adp Ronaldo sand 90 gullit and it's hard to lose games actually lol

Rashford and Jesus will have something to say about that. B)
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Love when people say it's called weekend league for a reason but Friday is a F****** week day not the weekend. Mugs.
  • maymanpele
    DSmith wrote: »
    Love when people say it's called weekend league for a reason but Friday is a F****** week day not the weekend. Mugs.

Let the anger out
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    maymanpele wrote: »

Let the anger out

Haha I know. Very rarely do I do this but you see it in every thread and I sit there thinking have I got it wrong. Has Friday been the weekend all along! If you class Friday as the weekend league for the purpose of a computer game then you can do the same for a Monday.
  • IDARYL
    5774 posts Big Money Move

I got gold 1 and elite 3 last year and would consider myself a average players. You arnt a FIFA god because you can get that level, there's 1000's others doing that too
  • maymanpele

Let the anger out

Haha I know. Very rarely do I do this but you see it in every thread and I sit there thinking have I got it wrong. Has Friday been the weekend all along! If you class Friday as the weekend league for the purpose of a computer game then you can do the same for a Monday.

Most people start their weekends Friday after getting off of work, so it's generally assumed Friday evening is the weekend. Monday's just suck.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Well with the different hours on the planet they made sure that almost everybody has saturday and sunday full, plus some time on friday/monday.
    It would be strange to have it different times based on region.
  • Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    I still haven't completed one weekend league, too many games in such a short timeframe.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro

Let the anger out

Most people start their weekends Friday after getting off of work, so it's generally assumed Friday evening is the weekend. Monday's just suck.

Agree 100% however this isn't validation for 'it's called weekend league for a reason'
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2017
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    Well with the different hours on the planet they made sure that almost everybody has saturday and sunday full, plus some time on friday/monday.
    It would be strange to have it different times based on region.

Again agree and this isn't a dispute on what people consider to be their own weekend. Until recently I finished a compressed week on a Thursday afternoon so my weekend started at 6pm on a Thursday. It's about the idiots who constantly quote 'it's called weekend league so can't be played on a Monday'.
  • Currieman
    4997 posts Big Money Move
    It's actually called FUT Champions. They could quite easily just change the name to Weekday League instead of Weekend League :lol:

Not that I care, I like the current format. I would love it to be extended to 4 days instead of 3 though.
  • TomOTW
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    Well if you work 6 days a week, you only have 1 free day anyway so what’s the point in extending it just for you

I was looking for this comment :lol: what difference would it make if you only have the one day free?
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    TomOTW wrote: »
    SebCFC123 wrote: »

I was looking for this comment :lol: what difference would it make if you only have the one day free?
    Because I’m guessing his time is limited to play WL because of work so extending the weekend league wouldn’t change the fact he has to work so he still couldn’t play regardless
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Currieman wrote: »
    It's actually called FUT Champions. They could quite easily just change the name to Weekday League instead of Weekend League :lol:

Not that I care, I like the current format. I would love it to be extended to 4 days instead of 3 though.

4 days would be perfect
  • Cadey 5
    11211 posts Has That Special Something
    Honestly I hate people that say "I could finish G1-E1" if you played the games ****.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Listen, the rewards are so great because it's so difficult to fit in the games and compete. If they extended it to 4 days the rewards would end up being the exact same as squad battles and would ruin both areas of the game.

IMO the full 40 games are for competitive players only, not your everyday player like most here are.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2017
    Listen, the rewards are so great because it's so difficult to fit in the games and compete. If they extended it to 4 days the rewards would end up being the exact same as squad battles and would ruin both areas of the game.

IMO the full 40 games are for competitive players only, not your everyday player like most here are.

How do you distinguish competitive? If I win 75% of games I play but have commitments over the weekend does that make me less competitive than someone who has no commitments with a lower win % (if we both play 70 games a week for example)? Does that person only become better because he gets mega teams quicker? All it does and I suppose this is what they want is make people who have jobs, families etc have to pay to win whereas your boy living with his parents and having no commitments doesn't need to spend a penny as he can play until his hearts content thus be considered competitive despite not being as good?

What makes someone more competitive because they have more time to play at the weekend instead of the week? 4 days is a happy medium and wouldn't be like SB's as that's 7 days.