Divisions more difficult than WL?

iNero
797 posts Semi-Pro
Stuck in division 6

Get gold 1 in WL
Got Gold 1 mostly last year but in div 1 winning that to...

Anybody else finding divisions hard as ****

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I don’t think divisions have really levelled out yet.

But gold 1 and can’t get out of div6 seems a bit strange
  • iNero
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Honestly boggles my mind
    Divisions was always easy but right now for me in division 6 every game feels like I'm playing a really really good player.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2017
    iNero wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Honestly boggles my mind
    Divisions was always easy but right now for me in division 6 every game feels like I'm playing a really really good player.

that's because the game is still new.... and D1 players are still climbing the division..
  • iSoar7
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think there just aren't as many people actually moving through divisions quickly because of WL, draft, and squad battles.. kind of like whats the point of divisions when the rewards pale in comparison
  • Boss0
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    Just got gold 1 with a 30k team in WL. At 12 points with 3 games left needing 2 wins to qualify for div 1.

I do agree that Div 2 seems hard. But then again I'm playing after 10.30pm and getting matched against elite/top 100.

One of the 3 games I lost was against a top 100 player. Lost 4-0. Could have been 4-2 if his keeper wasn't godlike. The **** paused from start of game to formation abuse 4-2-3-1 with his wingers centrally and he had a 1 mil+ team with Bale, Hernandez, martial etc etc...

Again all of that Vs a 30k seria A team....

So you will come up against sweat like that too. Best I can say is play patient, don't let things trigger you and pay attention to how high or low the opponents pressure/agresion is and always be weary of which players their controlling.
  • DoD_Jester
    26222 posts Player of the Year
    Seasons is easier

But holy **** the lag is bad
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season is gameplay is so crap because of the lag , your neymar suddenly turns into a turtle and your modric cant even make a proper pass, thats why u are struggling in online seasons after playing 40 games of wl
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Div's is more enjoyable than WL at the minute. Less park the bus tactics so the games tend to be more about enjoyment rather than I'll sit here for 20 mins bored out of mind as long as I win.
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm a below average player in my first season of div6 (won 1, lost 1)... if you're someone doing well in WL you probably should finish better than I do on seasons.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    I'm a gold 3 player and in division 5. Haven't played divisions in like a week though
  • Finesse_4days
    6895 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    What the actual ****! WL is 100 times harder for me anyway,
    In divisions I walked the div 4 title and then did **** in WL only 19 wins.
    How the hell can you struggle in div 6 which is
    full of average players yet get Gold 1 in WL?
    Maybe its the lag and playing so many games in a short space of time which makes me do so poor in WL.
  • FubarRipper
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Divisions seem a bit tough for me as well. Usually by this time of the year I would already be in Division 1/2 (though i could not win Division 1 for past 2 Fifa :neutral: ). This year I even got relegated from Division 4 couple of days ago :(
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Divisions are weird right now... I think it's because players are still slowly moving their way up since most of the time is spent in Squad Battles and/or Weekend League.

I am a consistent Gold 3 weekend league player but am currently sitting at 5-0-1 in Division 6 (need two more points for the title with four to play). They've been tough games but I am guessing I might actually be getting people where 5/6 is their peak instead of players heading up to the better divisions.

I am moving up still I guess also but with Squad Battles and Weekend Leagues I haven't been bothered to play divisions at all - only reason I played last night was that it's part of my weekly objectives.
  • TommyP
    1000 posts Professional
    I got to Div 4 fine but now hit a wall. Not tried WL yet.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    2 seasons in and still stuck in 10. I'm sure some players I play are 5 divisions higher.

Thankfully there are some worse players than me
  • reconskill
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Divisions are easier again just like last year. Usually it takes me couple tries to win div 1 but already won it both seasons i played already. Usually I miss couple titles on the way too div 1, only missed div 3 title on the way due to some bs.

It may vary person to person tho.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's still pretty early on, a lot of people are only just getting the game and working up.

I'm in six at the moment getting absolutely humbled by some people who'll clearly be in div one shortly.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    It's early to judge divisions. I'm currently in div 5 having won divs 10 to 6 without any issues. Last year I only dropped out of div 1 once from October onwards and bounced straight back so I hope to get into 1 before too long as now given up on SB's but I found in 5 so far I played 1 game with an easy win and another incredibly difficult game which I won 5-4 with a player who is also clearly on the way up just at a slower rate for one reason or another.
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Seasons is easier

But holy **** the lag is bad

been unplayable the last few days for me
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was in div 1 and got murdered by the 4321 ko switch to 41212 sweaty back and forth up the midlle 1-2 pass and thru ball players. every one played the same it was a 3hr fk fest
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    reconskill wrote: »
    Divisions are easier again just like last year. Usually it takes me couple tries to win div 1 but already won it both seasons i played already. Usually I miss couple titles on the way too div 1, only missed div 3 title on the way due to some bs.

It may vary person to person tho.

Thats strange, happened to me as well, I won the title in almost every season I played including two div1 titles, 13 seasons 12 titles, the only one I didn't won was the 3 div, in fact I got relegated.
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Napoli9 wrote: »
    I was in div 1 and got murdered by the 4321 ko switch to 41212 sweaty back and forth up the midlle 1-2 pass and thru ball players. every one played the same it was a 3hr fk fest

You mean you can't defend ? 1 2 pass is predictable..
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    squad battles has definitely had an impact on quality in divisions...some of the players in 6 and 7 are wl standard..until everyone gets bored playing the computer over and over again divisions will be a side show
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    squad battles was a nice addition and clearly aimed at the majority who never get near the weekend league and all its prizes
    the only downside is playing the comp all the time can be really tedious
  • Masscherano
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I only just survived in div6 with a game to spare.