Who Designed The Defense ?

Gunin
278 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2017
No matter how hard you push the tackle button if they're slow dribbling the ball all your player will do is poke his toe out. The offensive player can make any small movement left or right and the defensive player will go flying past him like he can only run in straight lines. If you can change directions with the ball why can't you change directions without the ball ? You become less coordinated without a ball at your feet ? Why isn't this common sense to you super brilliant video game designers ?

Also why is the defensive player stuck for so long after doing his super toe poke ? These are professional athletes right ?

Comments

• MilkyBarKid16
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't keep pressing the tackle button then...

Jockeying and using teammate contain is your best bet for getting the ball back.
  • Gunin
    then WTF is the tackle button for ? The Game is stupid . If he's right in front of me like a foot from me and I push tackle he should try to tackle the ball and close the distance. not stand there and put is toe in like he's trying to do the hokey pokey and shake it all it about. grfo with all that "git gud" garbage. How about the game "git gud"
  • MilkyBarKid16
    edited October 2017
    B_6cMgSU8AAqgAd.jpg
  • crowrfc1
    62 posts Park Captain
    dont worry this forum is full of unhelpful little fanboys the defending is horrendous and half the people who play only garnish their football knowledge by what fifa tells them is acceptable but anyone who knows football knows the defending in this is laughable fifa 18 is once again catered to fan boys and nobody else
  • GodzillaEatFifa
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    the main issue with defending is that you can see who the defender is controlling, making it too easy to avoid them and pass around them. Please support my thread

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/323766/please-remove-visibility-of-defenders-icon#latest
  • MilkyBarKid16
    crowrfc1 wrote: »
    dont worry this forum is full of unhelpful little fanboys the defending is horrendous and half the people who play only garnish their football knowledge by what fifa tells them is acceptable but anyone who knows football knows the defending in this is laughable fifa 18 is once again catered to fan boys and nobody else

Didn't realise I was a "little fanboy", but I'll take that. I can add it to my collection of attempted insults from angry forum dwellers.
  • Gunin
    B_6cMgSU8AAqgAd.jpg

i'm upset because the game I paid for sucks not because your stupid and have meems .
  • MilkyBarKid16
    Gunin wrote: »
    B_6cMgSU8AAqgAd.jpg

i'm upset because the game I paid for sucks not because your stupid and have meems .

*you're
    *memes

Spell correctly next time
  • Gunin
    Gunin wrote: »
    B_6cMgSU8AAqgAd.jpg

*you're
    *memes

Spell correctly next time

good job grammar nazi . You got me ohhhhh noooooooooooooooo........
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    the main issue with defending is that you can see who the defender is controlling, making it too easy to avoid them and pass around them. Please support my thread

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/323766/please-remove-visibility-of-defenders-icon#latest

Let me think about it...eh... no thanks
  • APR13
    36 posts Park Captain
    I'm guessing it was a combined effort between Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder. I suspect they also designed the refereeing...

My style of play relies on solid defence and slow build up play. Always worked for me in the past. Pretty much since the first incarnation on the Mega Drive. This time round it is somewhat laughable. Perhaps instead of making snide memes and immature comments, perhaps recognise that some gamers out there are having a problem. Acting like a smug pubescent c*nt does very little to help...