What do you listen to while playing FIFA?

G000ner
4893 posts National Call-Up
I always used to listen to the in-game commentary up until about FIFA 14, when I got bored of the commentators saying the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the whole game. I started listening to music while playing, and now I can't play without it. I find it relaxes me and helps me be more creative it my attacks. In the last few years I've become a much better player, particularly defensively and also don't get rage at the game anymore. Now if my music stops or pauses for any reason, then i'm almost guaranteed to concede, i'm no longer focused on the game and i'm constantly thinking about my music not playing. I become a mess defensively and start charging out with my defenders for some reason. Even on pro clubs I'm listening to music in one ear.

Do you still listen to the in-game commentary, or do you listen to music while you play? And if so, what type of music do you mostly listen to?

Comments

• GodGoku
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    I listen to my girl shouting at the back ' **** the fifa man' .
  • VagisilFC
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    G000ner wrote: »
    I always used to listen to the in-game commentary up until about FIFA 14, when I got bored of the commentators saying the same **** the whole game. I started listening to music while playing, and now I can't play without it. I find it relaxes me and helps me be more creative it my attacks. In the last few years I've become a much better player, particularly defensively and also don't get rage at the game anymore. Now if my music stops or pauses for any reason, then i'm almost guaranteed to concede, i'm no longer focused on the game and i'm constantly thinking about my music not playing. I become a mess defensively and start charging out with my defenders for some reason. Even on pro clubs I'm listening to music in one ear.

Do you still listen to the in-game commentary, or do you listen to music while you play? And if so, what type of music do you mostly listen to?

Please tell me you listen to Rush to dominate......
  • G000ner
    GodGoku wrote: »
    I listen to my girl shouting at the back ' **** the fifa man' .

thought someone would say this :D
  • Big_Noel
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I can't stop listening to Post Malone when I play Fifa just to calm me down when the bs starts
  • G000ner
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    I always used to listen to the in-game commentary up until about FIFA 14, when I got bored of the commentators saying the same **** the whole game. I started listening to music while playing, and now I can't play without it. I find it relaxes me and helps me be more creative it my attacks. In the last few years I've become a much better player, particularly defensively and also don't get rage at the game anymore. Now if my music stops or pauses for any reason, then i'm almost guaranteed to concede, i'm no longer focused on the game and i'm constantly thinking about my music not playing. I become a mess defensively and start charging out with my defenders for some reason. Even on pro clubs I'm listening to music in one ear.

the band Rush? afraid not
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    This are some examples of songs i listen to while playing) - I listen to pretty much anything - Country Pop is my favourite genre though

Hall and Oates - Do it for Love
    Darius Rucker - Alright
    Kid Rock - All Summer Long
    Troye Sivan FT Martin Garrix - There for You
    Lady Antebellum - Need you now
    The Band Perry - If I Die Young
    George Michael and Elton John - Don't let the sun go down on me
    Bars and Melody - Allergic to the Sun
    Greenday - Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama (Don't judge pls)
    The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out
    Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
    Hunter Hayes - I want crazy

• PibeV14
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    Vallenato, Reggaeton, Bachata, Salsa, roots . Pretty much a bit of everything.
  • G000ner
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    This are some examples of songs i listen to while playing) - I listen to pretty much anything - Country Pop is my favourite genre though

Hall and Oates - Do it for Love
    Darius Rucker - Alright
    Kid Rock - All Summer Long
    Troye Sivan FT Martin Garrix - There for You
    Lady Antebellum - Need you now
    The Band Perry - If I Die Young
    George Michael and Elton John - Don't let the sun go down on me
    Bars and Melody - Allergic to the Sun
    Greenday - Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama (Don't judge pls)
    The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out
    Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
    Hunter Hayes - I want crazy

Lmao, i've got some Scissor Sisters on my playlist as well. Say what you want about them, but some of their songs are catchy as ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Mainly, 'I don't feel like dancing', 'Take your mama' and Fight fire with fire' (think this was on fifa). Mainly I'm listening to Jazz, Rock, Soul and Indie though
  • VladimirSochi
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Clive Owen and Andy Townsend
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    Alot of Eminem

Lately though I've been listening to the 90s hip hop mix on Spotify a fair bit
  • jfc
    1033 posts Professional
    I have a movie going on, on my laptop while the game is muted
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    I listen to nothing, turn off the music and commentary only so much of Martin Tyler licking Alan Smiths A hole i can take. Like doing my own commentary not sure why.
  • G000ner
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Alot of Eminem

Lately though I've been listening to the 90s hip hop mix on Spotify a fair bit

Any Hilltop Hoods?
  • G000ner
    I listen to nothing, turn off the music and commentary only so much of Martin Tyler licking Alan Smiths A hole i can take. Like doing my own commentary not sure why.

:D. I'm sure it is better than Martin Tyler and Alan Smith
  • G000ner
    jfc wrote: »
    I have a movie going on, on my laptop while the game is muted

Can imagine getting very distracted if I did that, do occasionally have a football stream on the background, but that's as far as i'll go
  • gbshow
    991 posts Professional
    whatever the Mrs puts on, usually some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like towie, or that teen moms thing. I really b=need to listen to music.
  • DicaniosGod
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Martin Tyler rimming Alan Smith is soooo annoying!!!
  • Gripbrah
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The commentators online and podcasts in squad battles
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    i listen to a white noise machine as it prevents me from throwing the controller out the window due to WL stress
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    If you can't keep focus without music then you have problem in your head.
  • RayS
    31063 posts National Team Captain
    I listen to my inner soul screaming in anguish over lag
  • G000ner
    opasni_ wrote: »
    If you can't keep focus without music then you have problem in your head.

You've taken that out of context, haven't you :D
  • Magic FM , turn TV volume down as i hate the constant crappy comments they keep saying.

‘A great save by a diving goalkeeper,’ yea ok that’s what goal keepers do

Music all the way
  • NabilBantaleb
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Joe Rogan's podcast
  • VagisilFC
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    VagisilFC wrote: »

the band Rush? afraid not

Sorry it was a reference to a old tv show...
  • VagisilFC
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero

:D. I'm sure it is better than Martin Tyler and Alan Smith

Peter Drury on PES is soooooo much better than Martin Tyler.

They all get monotonous after a while though.
  • Yulianna
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am listening to Gregorian chants! It's my way of participating in prayers to EA SPORTS... lol
  • I notrmally put something on Netflix on my laptop. Been Brooklyn 99 recently.
  • i88i
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everyone should try Iain Lee's late night show on talk radio ( Can also be downloaded)
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move
    LockeyUK wrote: »
    I notrmally put something on Netflix on my laptop. Been Brooklyn 99 recently.

Hitchcock and Scully are the best.