Workrates

xFATAL
4042 posts National Call-Up
Never understood why EA sets workrates for players. Would be better if we could set that ourselves through player instructions. So many good cards are ruined by horrible wr.

Comments

• Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    Work rates mean diddly squat anyway. I see no difference playing Alonso, VVD and Meunier in a back three compared to Benatia, Barzagli and Jesus.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    I find they only work on some players.
  • BayLakeLegend
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sometimes I find my DeBruyne almost frozen in place right when an offensive break starts after an interception. I would guess that’s because of his High defensive work rate. Or it could just be because the mechanics are broken. Or it could just be because I’m terrible at the game. Either way, it drives me crazy when it happens.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had De Bruyne on stay forward and get in the box bit Hamsik at CM was in front of him 9 times out of 10 while in attack. :disappointed:
  • BayLakeLegend
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had De Bruyne on stay forward and get in the box bit Hamsik at CM was in front of him 9 times out of 10 while in attack. :disappointed:

I know what you mean. His NIF card has been a bit of a disappointment for me. I’ll still probably splash for his POTM if/when it happens.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    Bakayoko has MM I believe yet he's everywhere on the pitch against me. Never stops running
  • bgp1845
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    nah, there has to be something left to mimic real life left in the game and work rates mimic how player actually plays.

if you're the manager of an IRL team and don't want an attacking CB, then you wouldn't go buy ramos or pique, similarly, if you're the "manager" of your ultimate team and don't want an attacking CB, then don't buy ramos or pique.

• xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    bgp1845 wrote: »
    nah, there has to be something left to mimic real life left in the game and work rates mimic how player actually plays.

if you're the manager of an IRL team and don't want an attacking CB, then you wouldn't go buy ramos or pique, similarly, if you're the "manager" of your ultimate team and don't want an attacking CB, then don't buy ramos or pique.

But it's my Ultimate team I should be able to build it like I want it. And who says the workrates EA set on a player are exactly how they played IRL?
  • Trebble1999
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park

I know what you mean. His NIF card has been a bit of a disappointment for me. I’ll still probably splash for his POTM if/when it happens.

You tried flipping the instructions about for the pair? Eg have kdb on stay back.....and see if you find him getting forward further than hamsik then? :D with how 4ked this games is.... it'll work. :D