Every year it’s the same

dopetothemax
2015 posts Fans' Favourite
Every September we get excited about the new FIFA. Folks with the beta are loving it and it feels fresh. The game comes out and the gameplay feels different from the year before in a good way. A few new features and extras with the new gameplay and you’re happy with your purchase. Then they patch it and make it more similar to the year before. Then people figure out what’s OP and how to exploit the broken mechanics of the game. Then 3/4 games are against ultra D and counter attack. That 1/4 ends up being an entertaining back and forth match and that keeps you coming back. Then you concede 3 kick off goals in the next game. Kick off goals, counter attack, inconsistent fouls and inconsistent AI defense and goalkeepers. Ridiculous lag and unreliable servers. As much as each game improves it’s always the same issues. I don’t really have a conclusion so there you go. My thoughts.

Comments

• Pikachu
    8631 posts League Winner
    Game was great before the patch.
  • Canadian
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Honestly for me granted i got the game after the patch but for me I'm doing extremely well granted I'm only playing single player but compared to last year the game plays better than last year but hey this is just my opinion
  • dopetothemax
    Pikachu wrote: »

Completely agree. Was loving it. Now it’s just...meh. It’s not bad but certainly not as good as it could have been. Part of that is down to people figuring out the broken aspects of the game and exploiting but still.
  • Mista_Hotspur
    282 posts Sunday League Hero

Agreed.
  • FatZed
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is **** trash, pretty pissed off at the state of it even this early. I was enjoying SB but for me now both main modes are feeling very broken as to the quality and amount of control I have of my players...I don't know what's wrong but its that bad its an absolute joke
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner

• Uberman
    15729 posts World Class

• Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    Kick off is beyond pathetic - Im not even happy if i score now because i know ill concede to some **** almost instantaneously
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    FatZed wrote: »
    Game is **** trash, pretty pissed off at the state of it even this early. I was enjoying SB but for me now both main modes are feeling very broken as to the quality and amount of control I have of my players...I don't know what's wrong but its that bad its an absolute joke

Close to doing an @ImmigrantMentality and calling it a day with this game.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    I like the beta, before, and after patch. I love game. There are problems, but for me it's great.
  • DoD_Jester
    26237 posts Player of the Year
    Ngl I don't enjoy playing this year online at all

SB and the fact I've been pretty lucky with reward packs and trading are the 3 things keeping me going even this early
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    I'd gladly play squad battles all year but the servers are so trash I can't even play without worrying about disconnecting
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    DoD_Jester wrote: »

SB and the fact I've been pretty lucky with reward packs and trading are the 3 things keeping me going even this early

I really enjoy squad battles but i've been trying to delve into online recently - Its driving me insane - Im not seeing any progression either - Im just as trash as when i started trying to play online. I barely survived division 6 earlier when im an elite 1 squad battle player
  • DoD_Jester
    edited October 2017
    I'd gladly play squad battles all year but the servers are so trash I can't even play without worrying about disconnecting

In fairness I havent had a single DC in any mode in almost 300 games(i said I didn't enjoy it, not that I don't play it :joy:)

If that starts happening I'm done
    Uberman656 wrote: »

I really enjoy squad battles but i've been trying to delve into online recently - Its driving me insane - Im not seeing any progression either - Im just as trash as when i started trying to play online. I barely survived division 6 earlier when im an elite 1 squad battle player

I've been elite 1 every week in SB in all but the early access week, first weekend league I got bronze 3 because I couldn't be bothered to play, last I got gold 3, but I simply can't get out of Division 7, I just get trounced by either insane teams that shouldn't even be there or by 10k meta teams that play better than anyone I played last weekend

Online simply isn't fun for me anymore, hasn't been since WL was introduced, you used to be able to play some online singles with fun teams and even there you can't, it's just pure meta and dabbing(not that it annoys me but come on, it's a bloody singles game), I can't and won't adapt to that
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class

In fairness I havent had a single DC in any mode in almost 300 games(i said I didn't enjoy it, not that I don't play it :joy:)

I've been elite 1 every week in SB in all but the early access week, first weekend league I got bronze 3 because I couldn't be bothered to play, last I got gold 3, but I simply can't get out of Division 7, I just get trounced by either insane teams that shouldn't even be there or by 10k meta teams that play better than anyone I played last weekend

Online simply isn't fun for me anymore, hasn't been since WL was introduced, you used to be able to play some online singles with fun teams and even there you can't, it's just pure meta and dabbing(not that it annoys me but come on, it's a bloody singles game), I can't and won't adapt to that

It was fun before the patch - Shame its back to involving 0 actual skill and just down to who can abuse the game flaws more again
  • DoD_Jester

It was fun before the patch - Shame its back to involving 0 actual skill and just down to who can abuse the game flaws more again

Actually yeh I agree with that, it forced people to actually have to play a decent line because any shot in the box was a goal, which led to more expansive football being played, I wasn't big on the 6-5 scoreline and obv we never had a FUT Champs with it but I did appreciate the way the game was the week of release even if I was god awful
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class

Actually yeh I agree with that, it forced people to actually have to play a decent line because any shot in the box was a goal, which led to more expansive football being played, I wasn't big on the 6-5 scoreline and obv we never had a FUT Champs with it but I did appreciate the way the game was the week of release even if I was god awful

Yeah exactly
  • dopetothemax
    To add another note, they reeeaallly need to fix the save mechanics on pens. If the goalkeepers don’t save anything when you dive the right way then it’s useless. FUT Champs needs to be golden goal if they can’t get the pens to work properly.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Not had one kick off goal scored against me online. I had one scored by the ai in squad battles though. Ai cheats more than humans imo.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    game wont change if people keep buying it.

• Aqeel87
    2420 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am almost done with this piece of ****. Not gonna touch it until they patch it back.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Is it just me that can't tell the difference?