The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Sweatiest tactics you’ve come across

Owls4everr
243 posts Sunday League Hero
I keep coming up against 4321 formation (LF/ST/RF) where the other team Park the bus and just counter attack with pace up front (usually Sane/Jesus/Mane).

Anyone finding the same?

Trying not to join them but it’s effective but takes away a lot of the fun out of the game.

Comments

• BigBuffalo
    1044 posts Professional
    Best way I found to counter that is to use a formation with a lot of central players such as 4231(2), or in my case 4411, having 1 or even 2 of the CM's with good defensive stats and a high defensive work rate, typically high/high.

Then to counter the pace you just play a waiting game, it's usually really obvious what the opponent is going to do, which is to run at you and try and get in behind, so all you need to try to do is to defend by letting them come to you, keeping yourself central until they try and run past you.

Sometimes you play against a more advanced pace abuser who likes to do 1-2's often, but again you just use the same method of defending which is to not attack them, but let them attack you. Try read the play and close any gaps, don't be drawn out of position all the time.

At first I struggled at defending in this game, but I have started to develop a method that works for me, so all I can say is keep trying :)
  • Nathlee123
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4-3-1-2 martial (LF) sterling (RF) both striker and Gabriel Jesus at CAM.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    BigBuffalo wrote: »
    Best way I found to counter that is to use a formation with a lot of central players such as 4231(2), or in my case 4411, having 1 or even 2 of the CM's with good defensive stats and a high defensive work rate, typically high/high.

Then to counter the pace you just play a waiting game, it's usually really obvious what the opponent is going to do, which is to run at you and try and get in behind, so all you need to try to do is to defend by letting them come to you, keeping yourself central until they try and run past you.

Sometimes you play against a more advanced pace abuser who likes to do 1-2's often, but again you just use the same method of defending which is to not attack them, but let them attack you. Try read the play and close any gaps, don't be drawn out of position all the time.

At first I struggled at defending in this game, but I have started to develop a method that works for me, so all I can say is keep trying :)

“More advanced pace abuser” trying a 1-2 as instead of just sprinting in a straight line. That’s evolution that mate. Quality that lol :D
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    4-2-3-1 is even better imo.

4 attackers 6 defenders.
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    Nathlee123 wrote: »
    4-3-1-2 martial (LF) sterling (RF) both striker and Gabriel Jesus at CAM.

Haha this is just dirty