The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

(Opinion) TOTY: It's an announcement by Friday or it's TBD

Ryno
6532 posts Big Money Move
edited October 2017
Last year EA announced TOTY 4 days before the ceremony.

If we don't see anything about TOTY from them by Friday night, safe to say they don't plan on doing it this early in the year.

Also, I'm not trying to generate hype or sway anything in the market, but just wanted to be transparent and say I sold up. The market has dipped a little bit and with rewards coming tomorrow I think it'll stay down a little bit. In the event that no announcement happens this weekend, I assume prices will actually rebound really well. Yesterday was probably the best time to sell if something does happen and Friday will be the best time to buy if nothing does. Just my two cents.

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    23939 posts Club Captain
    HYPE BEAST
  • YOLOT0URE
    7169 posts League Winner
    Yawn. You can guess etc all you want but nobody outside EA knows. These threads are boring and attention seeking
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Road to Russia cards
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Yawn. You can guess etc all you want but nobody outside EA knows. These threads are boring and attention seeking

We wanzee crash mayne.

IF Toty was going to be released they would want people to prepare their wallets, sudden drops don't happen for such big event. The panic buying will be incredible (i'm waiting for you my precious)
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Road to Russia cards

:D:D
  • Fab
    19450 posts World Class
    Cannae wait
  • Ttone5722
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hope they do. I need to buy a Sane for one of my teams, at a waaaaaaay lower price than what he's at currently :smile:
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Scream cards
  • Moiizer
    8541 posts League Winner
    Toty cards will be January as normal. No way it’s this month.
  • Mista_Hotspur
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    Moiizer wrote: »

When is the toty even announced? I know there's a ceremony on Monday but what is that for? Best player or team?
  • Muzza11
    9472 posts Has That Special Something

When is the toty even announced? I know there's a ceremony on Monday but what is that for? Best player or team?

Team, I just can't see it being Monday though. We expecting Spurs players? :P
  • P
    7746 posts League Winner
    They are a mess when it comes to announcing stuff. The fact they announced it 4 days before last year doesn't mean they'll announce it 4 days before this year
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    P wrote: »
    They are a mess when it comes to announcing stuff. The fact they announced it 4 days before last year doesn't mean they'll announce it 4 days before this year

Pretty sure they always tweet something about toty several days before.

• Ryno
    6532 posts Big Money Move
    Blarix wrote: »

Something this big at least. That's why I think if we don't see anything before the weekend, it's not coming
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up

No way you can say no way.
  • P
    7746 posts League Winner

Yeah but it's different this year cause we knew it was happening previously. They could wait till the day before. My point was its not Friday or bust.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Road to Russia cards

I actually like that idea to be fair.
  • Xpglobe
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite

• lobuhh
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Road to Russia cards

I actually like that idea to be fair.

there are road to russia card templates tbh. fifarosters.com has them
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

Yeah but it's different this year cause we knew it was happening previously. They could wait till the day before. My point was its not Friday or bust.

What would they gain by suddenly dropping it?

Financial point of view it would be better to let people prepare (money wise) than suddenly springing it on them. This year more than ever they should advertise TOTY is coming october but it is not happening. If it doesn't happen tomorrow nothing will happen.

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Is there a link to the code this year?...
  • Mista_Hotspur
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Team, I just can't see it being Monday though. We expecting Spurs players? :P

Moussa sissoko must be in with a shout
  • Adrian095
    Road to Russia cards

:D:D

@Blarix
    LTiooFS.png
  • ha032742
    36429 posts Moderator

From July but a good watch and makes a good point about shareholders getting twitchy about quarterly results were EA to switch the TOTY promo to October.
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    I can’t find any info anywhere, are the UEFA awards this month?
  • ALIST4R
    Jackk102 wrote: »

http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/fifa-fifpro-world11/index.html
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I’ll never understand selling up, especially in times like this.

Get rid of a team/players you like just because you think there might be a promotion coming seems like a terrible way to spend the year.

Most prices will rise and fall in line, so you won’t miss out too much.
  • Adrian095
    They'll probably do the 2nd team now, main in Jan
  • ALIST4R
    They'll probably do the 2nd team now, main in Jan

Come here Harry Kane :)
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    Jackk102 wrote: »

http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/fifa-fifpro-world11/index.html

Just my opinion, but I always thought EA follow whatever happens in real life. Not releasing the TOTY when it’s officially released is like delaying a TOTW, and this is 2 months we’re talking about if your they wait till January. I figure EA knew about this and have had a plan for a while, so I think they’re going to be released and they’ve got something new up their sleeve for January - March like they do every year