What's the point?

MarkusG
379 posts Sunday League Hero
I mean all the desperate sheep who play this game stick Rashford and Jesus up front and desperately counter attack with their 2 passes then goal routine. They must must must fulfill their life goal of... virtual coins.

If you are just going to abuse and sweat all over the place with the same tired players what is the actual point of being so desperate for coins?

Comments

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    The meta style is - spend big on FP to start the year initially.

This buys you your low-ish rated BPL sweat specials - but obviously these players play god like in game (Martial/Sane/Jesus etc etc) ... they'll use these players for majority of the season with one playstyle.

Second stage involves buying the highest rated players from within the BPL ... e.g. upgrading to Bailly and Luiz in defence for example - or Aguero up front.

They'll have a lower level of success...and revert back to the teams and players that got them into the richer position.

It's sad but true, describes majority of the playing base.
  • TimeoutLord
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I get it’s the meta and all, but honestly I feel that when I’m not sweaty and counter attacking it feels like the wins actually mean something. I’m probably just putting too much thought into it though.
  • CfcBlue
    3400 posts National Call-Up
    All this comes down toooooo... don’t hate the player, hate the EA. If they didn’t make average players god-like in game.. musa is a bench-warmer like Napoleon dynamite... yet he’s a hero in EA’s eyes. EA has created a fantasy of the “beast player” category. That’s fine and dandy, but the problem is mixing that with reality sports and claiming this video game is realistic. All it does is make the product false and loses credibility.
  • RadioShaq
    14796 posts Moderator
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    All this comes down toooooo... don’t hate the player, hate the EA. If they didn’t make average players god-like in game.. musa is a bench-warmer like Napoleon dynamite... yet he’s a hero in EA’s eyes. EA has created a fantasy of the “beast player” category. That’s fine and dandy, but the problem is mixing that with reality sports and claiming this video game is realistic. All it does is make the product false and loses credibility.

It's because chemistry makes certain players better. I wouldn't go all blaming ea though. If it wasn't like that casuals would say it's all pay to win and only for pros ect.
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TubAShet wrote: »
    The meta style is - spend big on FP to start the year initially.

This buys you your low-ish rated BPL sweat specials - but obviously these players play god like in game (Martial/Sane/Jesus etc etc) ... they'll use these players for majority of the season with one playstyle.

Second stage involves buying the highest rated players from within the BPL ... e.g. upgrading to Bailly and Luiz in defence for example - or Aguero up front.

They'll have a lower level of success...and revert back to the teams and players that got them into the richer position.

It's sad but true, describes majority of the playing base.

This is a pretty good example, but it's not necessarily the player fault.

I always start out looking at who looks value for money (the cheaper lower rated players)

I think look to upgrade

(So I miss the OP players, e.g. Martial, Jesus, son) because there expensive for their rating.

I get a good team but don't really progreess in game.

So most people do the same, but at some point try the expensive cheaper players, they then realise the higher rated players aren't working and revert back.

So it makes sense to do it, I just don't like to because I imagine my team in my head and how it 'should' play.

There was one year (before legends, and in forms were less overpowered) I managed to get a great team and Messi. Thought this would solve all my problems. Messi was great but I was doing worse. I quit the game, gave my team away (when you were allowed) but kept a few coins

Months later I went and created 4 teams with those coins, (all 70 - 83 rated) and regularly beat my mate who had my Messi coins, and lots of Toty. Beat him on a regular basis, with all 4 teams.

It was quite strange considering I couldn't beat him with my great side (when his was poor) and I hadn't played for months
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    If they actually made some attributes matter it would be great.

Musa has better ball control and passing than than Iniesta...