Leicester sack Shakespeare

Rootseyyy
1288 posts Professional
Not really surprising as but they have had a difficult start to the season.

Don't really think he was a big a me for them to have after winnING the prem though. Will be interesting to see who gets the job

Comments

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Where art thou Ranieri
  • Dodds
    10196 posts Has That Special Something
    Was a surprise at the time; it’s not a surprise now.
  • Yusuf11
    1916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Big Sam to the rescue...to infinity (16th) and beyonddddd
  • This guy was a total tramp of a manager. All they do is ping it in behind defences for Vardy. I sometimes think the Fifa community watch too much of Leicester.
  • CandyRat
    7819 posts League Winner
    Carlo incoming
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm a Leicester season ticket holder and have been going since the 90s. We all wanted Shakespeare to succeed, the judas / snake stuff made for good drama in the tabloids and twitter but it was really a load of rubbish.

Ranieri himself spoke in favour of Shakespeare and said he was confident the man had no part in his sacking.

The truth is just that Ranieri had no idea how to follow up on our success and, sadly, Shakespeare had even less so.

Our owners are fantastic people in the human sense but they're not brilliant in terms of their football brain. Shakespeare should never have benefited given the job full time, he's not a manager, has no experience. We've invested millions in the playing staff, got ourselves to the quarter finals of the champions league and yet we found ourself with a gaffer that would struggle in league one.

It's sad to see him fail but equally it's a relief to see him go.

Now we just have to close our eyes and hope desperately it's not Big Sam or Pards but, truthfully, they'd still be a step up from Shakey.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Hope they get relegated
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32445 posts National Team Captain
    The Albion curse strikes again, mwahahaha.
  • I'm a Leicester season ticket holder and have been going since the 90s. We all wanted Shakespeare to succeed, the judas / snake stuff made for good drama in the tabloids and twitter but it was really a load of rubbish.

Ranieri himself spoke in favour of Shakespeare and said he was confident the man had no part in his sacking.

The truth is just that Ranieri had no idea how to follow up on our success and, sadly, Shakespeare had even less so.

Our owners are fantastic people in the human sense but they're not brilliant in terms of their football brain. Shakespeare should never have benefited given the job full time, he's not a manager, has no experience. We've invested millions in the playing staff, got ourselves to the quarter finals of the champions league and yet we found ourself with a gaffer that would struggle in league one.

Now we just have to close our eyes and hope desperately it's not Big Sam or Pards but, truthfully, they'd still be a step up from Shakey.

Who do you want as your new manager? I think you should go for Claude Puel.
  • FinneganFach
    I'm a Leicester season ticket holder and have been going since the 90s. We all wanted Shakespeare to succeed, the judas / snake stuff made for good drama in the tabloids and twitter but it was really a load of rubbish.

Who do you want as your new manager? I think you should go for Claude Puel.

I don't really know. I'd love us to scout around Europe and find someone like Kovac who's been successful and would match our philosophy. We've clearly got enough money to splash around on the subs bench so use some of it to attract a tidy up and coming manager.

We'll end up with a big name who's over the hill, however. It's just how we roll.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    And so the managerial merrygoround begins
  • WFCBagnall
    91273 posts Moderator
    I'd take Shakespeare as our new manager.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Parting is such a sweet sorrow
  • SupaNoodle1990
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Mate he’s not that bad.
  • WFCBagnall
    91273 posts Moderator

Mate he’s not that bad.

Won't get another PL job. Used to play for us and is abit of a club legend. You never know.
  • SupaNoodle1990

Mate he’s not that bad.

Won't get another PL job. Used to play for us and is abit of a club legend. You never know.

Paul Merson comeback imo
  • Reus
    23570 posts Club Captain
    This guy was a total tramp of a manager. All they do is ping it in behind defences for Vardy. I sometimes think the Fifa community watch too much of Leicester.

Doing that won them the league
  • Antparry92
    20580 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »
    This guy was a total tramp of a manager. All they do is ping it in behind defences for Vardy. I sometimes think the Fifa community watch too much of Leicester.

This.

Hate when people overlook football like that. More than one way to skin a cat, if it works, it works. You don't get points for style or nowt
  • FinneganFach
    Reus wrote: »

No, it didn't.

That's exactly the problem, really. It didn't at all.

We won the league playing pretty good football. You go back and watch performances against the likes of Liverpool and Man City and you'll see some excellent, interchanging build up play. One, two touch football. Our phases of play were quick, we went back to front in as little time as possible but we carried it through the middle or the park.

People think we miss Kante as a ball winner and they're right but we miss him as a water carrier more. He had a different role for us, he's far more conservative for Chelsea. For us, he had an important role carrying the ball through the middle or the park and linking our defence and attack. Turning one phase in to another.

When we lost him, Ranieri lost faith in our ability to play the same way so we opted for hoofball instead. It was last year that we really started playing long ball and being over reliant on Vardy. Previously, a lot of his service was through balls behind the defence, sure, but it wasn't hopelessly hoofed up the park.

Now, that's exactly all we do. We try and use him and Iheanacho like target men and then get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Shakespeare has the tactical wisdom of a turnip and we've totally fallen to pieces as a result. We're one of the most criminally dull teams in the league to watch which is shocking given we were by far the most exciting team when we won the league.