The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

What’s you’re opinion on people who have insane teams?

JakeRoden
66 posts Park Captain
Boils my **** honestly, I can’t help but get mad whenever I lose to someone who’s spent like £1500+ on packs

Help me not be a hater, personally I will never spend a penny on packs not sure why anyone would really.

I like fair teams, more competition and skill.

Comments

• Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I mean we all earn different amounts of money and can spend however much we want, or maybe they got lucky or they trade really well.

Expensive teams aren't that much better for us normal players, it's still mostly skill based.
  • pcg1286
    65 posts Park Captain
    I always like to see the other side of the coin. 2 years ago I packed Messi very very early on. Sold him and got a dream team from the start. I got sooo many hate messages about being a credit card team. It sucked because I was just very very lucky.

However, to agree with you - yes - those clearly CC teams do annoy me. Takes a lot of the “struggle” out of the game.
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    First of all, I do spend money on FUT so I don't believe the player should be blamed in this case, but the system itself.

It is a little ridiculous that EA implement a pay to win system on a full price AAA game, this is the practice you get from the free mobile games. However this is the way EA will make more money from and therefore they will keep it going.

At least it's not quite as bad as some of the mobile/online games yet, you don't need to spend money to win if you're good at the game, everyone have access to the same pool of players it's just the amount of time and effort required to acquire them.

However I fear down the line EA will just keep on giving the CC team more and more advantages to encourage the spending. So in 5 or 10 years time the FUT may be unrecognisable and if you don't spend money you simply stand no chance.
  • Giallorossi
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    well some people are rich i guess lol, i can throw a few hundred there, but as you say its not worth it, especially when we play for 1 year for each Ut
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't care. There are various reasons as to why someone may have a stacked team:

(1) fifa points
    (2) pack luck, as mentioned above
    (3) investments in SBCs

Creating a dream team is ultimately the purpose of most players so how they go about doing it, I don't care as it's their prerogative, their money, and their team to enjoy playing with. No one should dictate how one goes about having fun with the game.
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    It’s more fun smashing an opponent if they have a God squad
  • truegunn3r
    9505 posts Has That Special Something
    With WL/Squad Battle rewards and SBC’s there shouldn’t be no excuses of not having a top team. If you’re good enough, you’ll eventually get a top team otherwise git gud!
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 2017
    You’re either playing the wrong FIFA mode or you don’t know the definition of Ultimate
  • I SiR MartY I
    5672 posts Big Money Move
    People earn different amounts of money and are free to spend it how they wish. if they earn enough to be able to spend £1000 on packs, that's cool. Its the same for everything in life, if you have the money to buy things you want, why should that be a problem to someone else, its your money.

A guy in one of my Pro Clubs teams spent £700 last night on 110,000 FIFA points, streamed it all, I felt bad spending £5 on packs one time, but its his money, I spend mine on games and have a few hundred of them, he spends his on packs. Its our money to do what we want with, why should that bother other people.
  • teruwah
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Waste of money, often bad players and get by because of their amazing team rather than them actually being good.
  • truegunn3r
    edited October 2017
    teruwah wrote: »
    Waste of money, often bad players and get by because of their amazing team rather than them actually being good.

Not entirely true. The game favours pace more than anything and the fastest players are not among the best other than Aubameyang and Bale.

You’re telling me, putting Iniesta and Kroos in midfield with Suarez upfront gives me an extra advantage. Maybe, but I’ll have to be good at the game otherwise I’ll get counter attacked by Rashford and Sane.
  • Retro_G
    31136 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2017
    It doesn't matter what team you have, when people are playing on mobile hotspots with massive ping spikes, packet loss, make your team play like they're stuck in mud. So much for improving connectivity issues as that was a big lie. Game is probably worse that Fifa 17 for delay ridden unresponsive gameplay.
    Post edited by Retro_G on
  • teruwah
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    teruwah wrote: »

Not entirely true. The game favours pace more than anything and the fastest players are not among the best other than Aubameyang and Bale.

You’re telling me, putting Iniesta and Kroos in midfield with Suarez upfront gives me an extra advantage. Maybe, but I’ll have to be good at the game otherwise I’ll get counter attacked by Rashford and Sane.

Fully agree, i'm probably generalizing a little but most of the "crazy" teams I see are often stacked with a fair bit of pace but the combo you mentioned obviously isn't. That said things like reactions/positioning/composure I do think play a large role and especially top GKs. There seems to be a hugeee difference this year between say an 82/83 gk and a 86+ gk.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    FqGHYMg.jpg
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    FqGHYMg.jpg

That looks terribly unbalanced, I'm not sure how well they can defend with that team, why didn't they at least get Blanc or Guulit.
  • Tloyd09
    1398 posts Professional
    FqGHYMg.jpg

Do those legends play well? Like the 87 not super high rated but because of it being an icon does it seem to do things other cards don't. I got suarez and he definitely pulls out some magic at least once a match I feel like.
  • Hills_Hawk01
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FqGHYMg.jpg

yuk average at best
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    It's not that hard to make money without spending real money on packs..
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite

How so
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up

How so
    trading is how I do it. Made probably 3-3.5m last year mostly from trading and I find myself a pretty average trader. Didn't have to put a ton of time into it either

Or if you're a really good player fut champs/squad battles can be rewarding
  • Purplejacket
    2793 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow, its a game chill, ppl will soend their money on whatever they want.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    You hate us cuz you ain't us. Having said that, I don't see the point in going balls to the walls building a team at this stage in the game, unless you can run a bunch of legends + cr7/messi. I'm sitting on mil with a 15k team of players I actually like to some degree outside of FUT because very few of the players over 100k, even fewer of those less than 100k, will have retained their coin value or game value by the time January rolls around.

First totw that releases in january will be the 16th, and provided the average of 20 gold IFs sticks, that's 320 upgraded players from just the totws. Then you add in the likely 20 from the halloween set, going by last year at least another 15 sbc players, 4 POTM, sporadic Heroes/MOTM/iMOTM, 23 players from TOTGS,11 from TOTY. After all of those additions via assorted acronyms, there will likely be a minimum of 400 upgraded players added to the game in a span of 4 months. I'm thinking I can wait before building the team my wallet bought me.
  • MNnative
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    IMG_2671.png This team was worth it I beat people better than me all the time but I'm not bad either
  • MNnative
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Right at the start I loaded points and got auba , otw laca and 90 puyol to jump start me though..
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    bear wrote: »
    You hate us cuz you ain't us. Having said that, I don't see the point in going balls to the walls building a team at this stage in the game, unless you can run a bunch of legends + cr7/messi. I'm sitting on mil with a 15k team of players I actually like to some degree outside of FUT because very few of the players over 100k, even fewer of those less than 100k, will have retained their coin value or game value by the time January rolls around.

First totw that releases in january will be the 16th, and provided the average of 20 gold IFs sticks, that's 320 upgraded players from just the totws. Then you add in the likely 20 from the halloween set, going by last year at least another 15 sbc players, 4 POTM, sporadic Heroes/MOTM/iMOTM, 23 players from TOTGS,11 from TOTY. After all of those additions via assorted acronyms, there will likely be a minimum of 400 upgraded players added to the game in a span of 4 months. I'm thinking I can wait before building the team my wallet bought me.

But why wait for 4 months just to build the team you want?
  • djvkool43
    736 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good player on the weekend
    Good trader/investor during the week
    Single life, no family

you can almost make at least 500k per week, easy, Elite 1 gets 60k coins, and good trader/investor will turn that into 500kk before the next weekend :)

I'm an average player, and an average trader, only have 2hrs per day for FIFA (playing SB and trading here and there) and I have been easily turning my 25k Elite 2 SB reward into at least 100k-150k per week
  • Epik
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trading is a waste of time. Spending a couple hundred bucks at the beginning of the year is way better than wasting all the hours trading and watching the market. Those are complete fools. Might as well play the stock market where your work doesn't become worthless in a year.

I packed 90 Henry so I was able to get a pretty solid team with cristiano, bale, etc. Still a long ways off of the likes of Gullit, Matthaus, Maldini, and the like.
  • SJR440
    4614 posts Big Money Move
    Wow, its a game chill, ppl will soend their money on whatever they want.

Agreed.
    These forums have gotten so toxic as of late...
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    Theres always sum one with a better team get over it
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    We rich. Deal with it. Next time he will.comment, what is you're opinion of people under the age of 25 driving a BMW m4?