Speed v Strength-UNBALANCED

PwnApe
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited October 2017
I have played every pro clubs. There is no sweet spot for your pro to be fast enough and strong enough in this fifa. Everyone is pace abusing hobbit sized or playing huge and exploiting crosses/headers. My pro is either too small to shield the ball or too slow to run 10 yards. 90 cam at 6ft 176lb I am insanely slow, 90 cam 5'10" 174lb I have the strength of a bubble boy. Where is the balance update? The football plays better but the pros do not play correctly..
Post edited by PwnApe on

Comments

• Rdb
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    As an ST i play with 6ft and 174lbs.
    Gives me same speed and acceleration as a "hobbit" at 5.8.

My strength and heading is fine.
  • PwnApe
    edited October 2017
    Rdb wrote: »
    As an ST i play with 6ft and 174lbs.
    Gives me same speed and acceleration as a "hobbit" at 5.8.

My strength and heading is fine.

So you agree there is a problem? Or youre arguing everyone should play striker?
    Pro clubs =/= Everyone play striker.
  • Rdb
    edited October 2017
    Well I think at 6ft and max speed my pro is pretty balanced as ST, alltho the strength could be better.

Im saying u dont have to be a weak 5.8ft hobbit to be fast.

Im not sure how it is for other positions.
  • xCDHx
    1063 posts Professional
    I like playing CDM mostly, but my player was too slow to be effective. If 6'2+, which I'd like to be am too slow to cover and intercept.

I tried playing as a 5'8 CDM with around 88 pace which worked ok, but not great as player is so small.

Different positions seem to have different speeds, so I looked into suitable ones and the best on for me is playing as a LM or RM. If I set as a 6'4 RM 149 lb and play in my CDM spot I get 89 pace and I think 76 strength, so starting to dominate games again. Hopefully my speed increases a bit more, so play effective as a 6'6 giant again.

Hit me up if you want clean sheets for your team :P
  • EA should bring accomplishments back,but also instead of saying"score 5 volleys from inside the box for +2 finishing",they should also let to be unlockable by playing games.For example "score 5 volleys from inside the box or play 20 games with ur pro".
  • I SiR MartY I
    11402 posts Has That Special Something
    EA should bring accomplishments back,but also instead of saying"score 5 volleys from inside the box for +2 finishing",they should also let to be unlockable by playing games.For example "score 5 volleys from inside the box or play 20 games with ur pro".

Nah, accomplishments promoted greed. You had to be the one to score, assist or create the chance, it forced people to be selfish and try to be heroes. There were small challenges for just playing but most accomplishments forced greed or had impossible requirements.

The rating growth system is much better, it just needs adjustments and much more of a blank slate to make it work.

Instead of giving everyone 95 everything at max like they did last year or forcing STs to have bad passing stats or giving mids low attacking stats to balance it out based on positions, they should give us all a pretty basic pro based on position and have us use trait points to build the pro we want.

75/80 everything based on your position and you have to use trait points to build the pro you want. That way you can focus on what you're best at and create a pro unique to you.
  • 75/80 everything based on your position and you have to use trait points to build the pro you want. That way you can focus on what you're best at and create a pro unique to you.

This idea is really nice
  • Rdb
    personally I
    EA should bring accomplishments back,but also instead of saying"score 5 volleys from inside the box for +2 finishing",they should also let to be unlockable by playing games.For example "score 5 volleys from inside the box or play 20 games with ur pro".

Nah, accomplishments promoted greed. You had to be the one to score, assist or create the chance, it forced people to be selfish and try to be heroes. There were small challenges for just playing but most accomplishments forced greed or had impossible requirements.

The rating growth system is much better, it just needs adjustments and much more of a blank slate to make it work.

I think the accomplishments could be still there.

This is what the levelling up is based on.

Its still in the game at career mode to see.

You know how lazy they are. the just added a layer around it with percentages and selectable traits.

So it might just be in the background with proclubs.

e.g. you still do the 300/300 games accomplishment and 2000/2000 passes, 10/10 volleys etc.

This is what makes your pro level up.

The higher u get the harder n slower u level up.

Im 89.. Sometimes i get 30 games of nothing and suddenly i get a spurt. (accomplishment succeeded).

Could I be right?

• I SiR MartY I
    11402 posts Has That Special Something
    Rdb wrote: »
    personally I

I think the accomplishments could be still there.

This is what the levelling up is based on.

Its still in the game at career mode to see.

You know how lazy they are. the just added a layer around it with percentages and selectable traits.

So it might just be in the background with proclubs.

e.g. you still do the 300/300 games accomplishment and 2000/2000 passes, 10/10 volleys etc.

This is what makes your pro level up.

The higher u get the harder n slower u level up.

Im 89.. Sometimes i get 30 games of nothing and suddenly i get a spurt. (accomplishment succeeded).

Could I be right?

Games played and passes are fine, but long term, there isn't enough realistic accomplishments that will promoted team play and get your pro up to an appropriate level. Volleys, weak foot volleys, weak foot volleys outside the box, 15 goals from within 3 yards, these were unrealistic and almost impossible to get unless you boosted, so were many other accomplishments. I mainly play 11v11, there is no way anyone is going to get 20 volleyed goals outside the box on their weak foot in 11 man and its just as hard in small man also.

They promoted greed, you had to play the final pass, score the goal or crate the chance, now, just playing and doing your role well rewards you which is fine. They just need to scale back the growth and allow us to make pros more unique.
  • Rdb
    edited October 2017
    Yea mate..I know accomplishments suck ...but like I said..I believe they are still there in the background. u just dont see them.

Im not saying i like them.

Its like this: U see your dribbling or passing goin up after a game in the player progress - that might be based on the fact you reached that good old 2000/2000 accomplishment.

This just explains the player growth is sometimes stuck for a while.

I love they added traits.
    But I agree with you totally that it sucks that my ST with good finishing is not top at passing (around 70). Why cant I be a Striker that can pass well...i cant make it good with skillpoints.
  • NellaSAFC92
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just remember how small ngolo kante is yet hes an animal
  • PwnApe
    edited October 2017
    Pro Clubs is about playing like a professional team, IRL midfielders aren't just striker rejects.
    Just remember how small ngolo kante is yet hes an animal

Exactly, he has pace and strength, most tackles per season and he's 5'6". Kevin De Bruyne is my favorite player since Pirlo, Vidal and Iniesta have peaked, he is without doubt the best CAM in the world right now. He is 5'11 and has pace and power. Paul Pogba is another player I am a huge fan of, he is 6'3" and fast! FIFA18 would have Pogba moving at Wayne Rooney speeds. There is no balance! I used to play 90 CAM and it was awful, now my 89 RM is beasting.
    Post edited by PwnApe on
  • stoli77
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    xCDHx wrote: »
    I like playing CDM mostly, but my player was too slow to be effective. If 6'2+, which I'd like to be am too slow to cover and intercept.

I tried playing as a 5'8 CDM with around 88 pace which worked ok, but not great as player is so small.

Different positions seem to have different speeds, so I looked into suitable ones and the best on for me is playing as a LM or RM. If I set as a 6'4 RM 149 lb and play in my CDM spot I get 89 pace and I think 76 strength, so starting to dominate games again. Hopefully my speed increases a bit more, so play effective as a 6'6 giant again.

Hit me up if you want clean sheets for your team :P

I'm doing the same thing at Fullback... the FB build I am weaker at every physical category then a LM RM St and as a Lm Rm scales taller to 6-2 I cant compete...So using a LM I haven't noticed a difference with tackling I think that with a big LM RM my tackle circle has gotten bigger so makes up for weaker stat.. only thing I do notice is headers, I think do to lack of aggression he wont jump at times ,but at fullback that's not a huge concern