League SBC Usefulness

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2017
Reminder to most... even if you aren't interested in the card for completing a League SBC you should do yourself a favor and at least look through the teams to see if there are any cheap ones that have good rewards.

I was bored (at work) today and spent some time on the Web App completing three from Liga Nos, four from Super Lig and two from Liga Bancomer MX ... all of which were less than 10k based both on Futbin and some cards I had. The return has been phenomenal. From start to finish I spent about 60,000 coins on the nine of them ... the rewards were:
  • 1 Gold Pack
  • 1 Premium Gold Pack
  • 2 Premium Electrum Player Packs
  • 3 Premium Gold Player Pack
  • 2 Premium Silver Player Packs

I opened them and managed to pack Martial (sold for 71k), Cavani (sold for 41k) and a couple of other silvers that sold for 3k-5k (not to mention adding tons of cards to the club for MMs and other future use). So in the end just by doing the easy/cheap low hanging fruit I came out about 70-80k coins ahead of the game. Granted it is somewhat dependent on pack luck with but with those player packs your odds are decent.

Comments

• Kloral
    3657 posts National Call-Up
    Good tip mate. However personally I would just pack rubbish and end up 40k down lol. You are right though some of them have good returns for low value.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4204 posts National Call-Up
    I always forget about these.
  • LenKikk
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    im doing that aswell, got ramos in the russian sbc one :)
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    did a few but saving most for TOTY or something worth while as this totw isnt the best.
  • nyisles8388
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    did this last year , packed cr7 from a saudi league sbc lol
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Brad? Is that you?
  • Absting159
    6693 posts Moderator
    No joke, I did this over the weekend. . .from one of the player packs.

IMG_1178.jpg
  • razor_ro
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2017
    I did this last year and got a little lucky, but this time I managed to spend 85k on the same type of packs you mentioned above and got 75k back after selling everything :/ ... best players were a couple silvers worth 5-8k ... ah well
  • Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    Going to wait till there's a massive pack binge like black Friday / TOTY where people just flog up cards for min
  • razor_ro
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Going to wait till there's a massive pack binge like black Friday / TOTY where people just flog up cards for min

Yeah that’s what I did last year, it the reward is not as big unless you pack an icon or 90+ card
  • Ttone5722
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every so often I decide I'm gonna blow some coins on packs, and I save the SBC's for those times. If rather get the premium player packs and things like that than a 7.5k pack.
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best to wait until prices fall a little i think, I did a load last year during toty
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    I saved them all for tots last year and packed a tonne of good players but as mentioned I'll just snipe during TOTY this time round I think
  • Knowlesdinho
    10176 posts Has That Special Something
    I wait for the prices to go down and then complete the. I'm not going to wait as long this year though because last year loads of players moved around from the Russian and Belgian leagues and the cost of some of the lower SBC's was way too high to bother with.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Brad? Is that you?

Yes ... yes it is. New phone, who dis? LOL
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Brad? Is that you?

Yes ... yes it is. New phone, who dis? LOL

Lemme get that Gurley. I'll give you Blount.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    I usually do the ones that give out Silver players 1st coz them silvers cost a lot if they are from low-gold teams in any league that will have an sbc. So far have shifted off about 120k worth in silvers from about 13k SBC investments.
    But i do agree tho.. Some of these SBCs do give out sweet rewards
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    Lemme get that Gurley. I'll give you Blount.

No way... Gurley is leading the league. Have him on way too many my teams but not mad.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    Also, I think it's best to do the cheaper ones early coz of the prices atm, esp if you are in no rush to spend most of your coins
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    Also, I think it's best to do the cheaper ones early coz of the prices atm, esp if you are in no rush to spend most of your coins

That was my thinking today... all the ones I did had less than 10k for cost on Futbin. Getting 70k now for Martial was much better than waiting and packing him in January when he'd sell for 10k