Wage Budget issue

sgp
0 posts Ball Boy
So basically, I am at the last few weeks of my 1st season and wanted to buy Messi for the fun of it. He is available on pre-contract and I am able to deal directly with him as he is left with 1-2 months in his contract at Barca.

All is good, I have the finances to pay him what he wants and am able to enter into a negotiation directly. BUT the only issue here is, no matter how I toggle the Budget allocation slider to give me more wage budget, the max it will go for Messi or any new players will be at $480,000 only. And he is asking for $550,000 on top of signing fee. I have over $100+ million of finances, even went to the extend putting my wages bill on a 90% and transfer bill on 10%.

However if I went to negotiate a new contract with my existing players, I can offer them as according to my wage budget; I can offer them way way more than the $480,000 mentioned above.

What is wrong here? Do the wage allocation slider work? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Comments

• Arayas
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I know for sure the budget must be higher than previous FIFA's to buy a player, because a player costs much more than his initial price. Now, with new "smart" features in transfer window, during negociation animation (an abomination) the game is taking the money from your budget for "signing bonus" for "special bonus" for "transfer sum" and all you got left goes to wages. Basicly, AFTER you establish with player agent a transfer fee, any player cost more than 150% his negociated value.
    For example in 17 if you have the money for wage and transfer sum, the player it's yours.
    In 18, i bought a player with 2.2 mil and i couldnt have enough money to finish the deal even having in bank more than 3 mil.
    More proof that EA are idiots.
  • TomAuk
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only work around is to delegate the contract negation and the player never adds bonuses but there is a risk if you set the max lower than the player wants you lost your chance to sign them.
  • Runkeldunk
    47 posts Park Captain
    TomAuk wrote: »
    Only work around is to delegate the contract negation and the player never adds bonuses but there is a risk if you set the max lower than the player wants you lost your chance to sign them.

Which is ridiculous in itself. Why doesn't the representative call you during the negotiations and ask if you are willing to raise your max bid before letting the player go??

And while we are at it; what's up with the agent and player leaving the room if your initial offer is too low? They mumble something about being offended, but it's completely unrealistic to just walk out like that!

Career mode is really messed up this year.

R
  • Arayas
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I believe, serious, that FIFA devs have no clue about football. I'll bet they are canadians and love hockey, americans loving baseball or, more likely, indians, true cricket fans. Because there are things in career mode making a normal football fan to laugh his heart out. Me, i really am convinced thats true.
  • Zj0r0
    1 posts Ball Boy
    TomAuk wrote: »

First of all, thanks for the workaround. I had the same issue as the OP and it solved most of my problems with the issue.

Except for one. I let my assistant handle the negotiations with Anthony Martial. They came to an agreement which I only had to accept, as usual. But now, when I went to the transfer screen, it said "No available actions" instead of accept or negotiate (or something like that, my game is in Dutch).

Am I stuck now, or..?