Is there a way to change how fast the ball travels when passed?

InfernaL
1452 posts Play-Off Hero
I hold Triangle or X all they way, I get a full thing of power and the ball goes like 1m... ?

It's so dumb...

Comments

• robmays
    948 posts Professional
    Hold r1 and press x or triangle then it we do it more powerfully
  • RadioShaq
    19954 posts Moderator
    Yeah the driven pass r1 and x.
  • InfernaL
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    robmays wrote: »

I know, but you can't always use that. For example, I was trying to pass to a player that was near me and a driven pass wouldn't have worked in that situation and i held X to pass it fast and the ball took like 3 seconds to get to him
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    i have wanted to know this forever. I dont understand why passing weight is not just about powering up. Why have a driven pass? why is that not just how much power you apply. I think it has to do with assisted passing and how the AI uses power and direction to determine where you wanted the ball to go.

Its stupid imo. Now you get people who just drive pass the ball all over the field making the game look ridiculous. The passing in 18 is as poorly implemented as any FIFA I have played. I dont know why passing stats exist. Every player can play ping pong like prime Barca
  • truegunn3r
    13034 posts World Class
    InfernaL wrote: »

I know, but you can't always use that. For example, I was trying to pass to a player that was near me and a driven pass wouldn't have worked in that situation and i held X to pass it fast and the ball took like 3 seconds to get to him

But how can you do a quick pass for short range in real life. A fast ball requires power so it is not viable at short range as the receiver can find it difficult to control.
  • InfernaL
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Xtc wrote: »
    i have wanted to know this forever. I dont understand why passing weight is not just about powering up. Why have a driven pass? why is that not just how much power you apply. I think it has to do with assisted passing and how the AI uses power and direction to determine where you wanted the ball to go.

Its stupid imo. Now you get people who just drive pass the ball all over the field making the game look ridiculous. The passing in 18 is as poorly implemented as any FIFA I have played. I dont know why passing stats exist. Every player can play ping pong like prime Barca

Exactly what I was thinking.
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    InfernaL wrote: »

But how can you do a quick pass for short range in real life. A fast ball requires power so it is not viable at short range as the receiver can find it difficult to control.

I agree. But holding X for a full line of power, however many bars that is, 4 or whatever, and the ball still goes slow. If I were to use driven pass in that situation the receiving player would not be able to control it.