Bought Hero Messi and looks like I boobed...

Drizzt
453 posts Sunday League Hero
So I bought Hero Messi for 1.7 mil and Wednesday and there were only a few Messi's for sale. I thought it's a bit high, but I want to play with him and try him out and worse case I will break even but I thought he would be a good investment.

Well I've been watching his price since Thursday and it's down to 1.5./1.6 mil?

I truely suck at buying and now I'm looking at a 200k loss.

Why has his price come down so much? Should I get out of dodge now and take the hit or is they're a chance he will rise?

I'm very impatient and not cut out for the long term investment strategy it seems.

Grrr, Maradonna is going to take me until fifa 30 to get the coins.

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12840 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't panic....he'll go back up when he's outta packs bud. Well....unless he bangs in another hattrick this weekend :D
  • ha032742
    34898 posts Moderator
    Don't panic....he'll go back up when he's outta packs bud. Well....unless he bangs in another hattrick this weekend :D

Don’t think he’ll go up much tbh
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Drizzt wrote: »
    So I bought Hero Messi for 1.7 mil and Wednesday and there were only a few Messi's for sale. I thought it's a bit high, but I want to play with him and try him out and worse case I will break even but I thought he would be a good investment.

Well I've been watching his price since Thursday and it's down to 1.5./1.6 mil?

I truely suck at buying and now I'm looking at a 200k loss.

Why has his price come down so much? Should I get out of dodge now and take the hit or is they're a chance he will rise?

I'm very impatient and not cut out for the long term investment strategy it seems.

Grrr, Maradonna is going to take me until fifa 30 to get the coins.

You bought him on day one of packs?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12840 posts Has That Special Something
    ha032742 wrote: »

Don’t think he’ll go up much tbh

OP might make his money back at least tho, when he goes out of packs I mean... maybe not, but it's a possibility
  • H_Mus
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    When you have enough to buy messi who cares about a 100k-200k loss. Enjoy him
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    H_Mus wrote: »
    When you have enough to buy messi who cares about a 100k-200k loss. Enjoy him

It doesnt matter how much coins you have, a loss is always a loss. It hurts losing hard earned coins, smh.
  • Drizzt
    Thanks all. I will wait until next week and see.

200k loss is still a large amount of coins. Time, effort and of course FPs wasted ;)

Still, I wont panic...yet :wink:
  • Eisenhardt
    4112 posts National Call-Up
    For future reference, Wednesday is never a buy day.
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    You should never Never buy IF cards on release day
  • Drizzt
    Wednesday = Don't buy IF... Understood and remembered :smiley:
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    He's one of those cards that are so rare that sometimes the market will only have overpriced Messi's. That's definitely the best time to sell if you undercut the "cheapest" by 10+%
  • I just picked hero messi for 1.4mil. It wasn't yours was it?. Anyway I don't care what his price does I'm keeping him forever
  • xFATAL
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    Drizzt wrote: »
    Wednesday = Don't buy IF... Understood and remembered :smiley:

Not completely true. Its a good day to buy previous weeks IFs especially if the new TOTW is big and generating alot of hype, People move onto the new toys.
  • S-MUFC-A
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    At the end of the game all the coins/players are wasted anyway so just enjoy him for while evem if you loss coins on him because it won't matter in the end anyway lol
  • w1c3n.png
    He is a monster for me just enjoy him
  • Forca-Barca
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    That’s why I bought IF Messi bc I knew it would keep its value even though I’m keeping the card all year. My goal is to reach 1000 goals with him before the end of fifa lol hard goal but we will see
  • iRusty_yo
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    That’s why I bought IF Messi bc I knew it would keep its value even though I’m keeping the card all year. My goal is to reach 1000 goals with him before the end of fifa lol hard goal but we will see

I had similar goal last year for TOTY Ron, I reached it!

Bought him for 4.2m and sold for 3.2m in June so still lost coin
  • Forca-Barca
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

I had similar goal last year for TOTY Ron, I reached it!

Bought him for 4.2m and sold for 3.2m in June so still lost coin

Yeh You lost some coins but I think it’s worth it. You had him all year and you enjoyed him as a player. FIFA is basically done to me in June.