The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Not sure what to make of this CPU squad battles goal

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
edited October 2017
Make of it what you will. CPU Coman wins the header against two of my defenders, but the ball never actually makes contact with his (or anyone's) head. Somehow the ball on its own redirects inside the post, which is left exposed because my AI defender inexplicably decides to leave his position on the line. This was the match winner in a 2-1 loss for me.

I'll update this post with another vid because I played one more match. Seriously, this is from the next match I played. I don't know what Fahrmann is doing:

Post edited by JGCramp on

Comments

• Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wow
  • Tornado31619
    20201 posts Club Captain
    State
  • Rattius
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    But there's no such thing as scripting :D:D:D
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Legendary by any chance?
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    Leems segit.
  • Nobber93
    1683 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shows how bad the keepers are also if Buffon goes with his right hand he saves that. Well done EA
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    richo27 wrote: »
    Legendary by any chance?

Yep, legendary.
  • Prinzar
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have had similar to that clip. Also had what looked like lag, slowing my player down when through on goal so he couldn't finish.
    The AI tries to level the field by cheating
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Prinzar wrote: »
    Have had similar to that clip. Also had what looked like lag, slowing my player down when through on goal so he couldn't finish.
    The AI tries to level the field by cheating

Ban the ai
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    I had one the exact same today in WL but it was twice as far away as the one in your video lol
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    The entire game has became a joke this year they have screwed up so much and still same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ scripting in 45/90 mins
  • Currieman
    4996 posts Big Money Move
    The first one is bad but I’ve seen worse. Looks like number 35 was gonna head that so I think it’s okay, just bad collision detection.

Second one, great save :lol:
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    SB has quite a higher level of bull
    You do get it online ...it's way less on normal seasons..than on fut seasons.

Personally just wish they would cut it out
  • Tornado31619
    20201 posts Club Captain
    Squad Battles is rigged. No question. How is this a penalty?? I didnt even attempt the tackle let alone foul him!!

:lol:
  • HCB
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only answer u will have here is to git gud.
    Some guys maybe work for the company in this forum think the game is perfect and 96 % fifa players need to improve for avoiding situations like your post or Harry Kane savd 16 times a game for npc side a cool story.
  • HCB
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't expect anything positive from a company ran by scum*ags. They don't have mind offering game,they are bunch of cheaters tweaking the game sliders for digging money.
  • uNko
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squad Battles is rigged. No question. How is this a penalty?? I didnt even attempt the tackle let alone foul him!!

Haha that's brutal!
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1185 posts Professional
    Some of these videos that people upload are hilarious :D i can't help laughing at how bad this game has become after the update.

Even i will admit this game had potential before the update but ea are showing this is what they want year after year.
  • iSptmnky
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Look, there's a completely logic explanation for this: Have you ever noticed Coman's Padawan style braid? He is clearly capable of controlling The Force, so deflecting the ball without touching it is something he is easily able to. It is said that EA included this feature to promote the forthcoming release of Star Wars Battlefront 2.
  • I got 4 goals in the final 10 minutes up my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to from 5-1 to 5-5 to go to ET. 4 goals just like this. My passes went nowhere, AI just wills the ball into the net.

Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful.
  • shotgunpandav33
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That non header goal that don't hit a players head happens often in every game mode post the first patch, it's not just squad battles so its a game issue not SB.

The fouls and pens given in SB seem very strange to me sometimes, I have given away like 5/10 pens from players I am not even controlling and the AI run into an AI controlled player of mine and they get a pen has happened way too often.

The ref is about x10 more strict and yellow cards are more common by a big margin.

I had a AI keeper sent off for something he would not even get a yellow for in WL / DIv's so forth.
  • HelloDearie
    2409 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2017
    The AI is disgusting on legendary. I lost 2 games this morning to dodgy penalties, goals goinf in from all angles from naff bronze players. Its just hard work!
  • Rattius
    edited October 2017
    If you watch til the end sorry about the crap video I thought it was a bit longer but you will see the ball Clearly go through the fingers of my goalie at that angle it's a clear save, that cost me to lose the match, it's just frustrating as you can clearly see it go through his fingers as if his hand didn't exist.

IF you jump to 20 secs IF ur in a rush you will see just after

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/R4TB0Y88/video/37821095
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    played one this morning only on wc but their players were quicker in every aspect.
    mine were normal speed.

it was like the sliders were set differently for the opposition
  • WryLucky
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can't stop them sometimes...
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1185 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    I scored this free kick online the other day watch until the end :D

• JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    Some of these videos that people upload are hilarious :D i can't help laughing at how bad this game has become after the update.

Even i will admit this game had potential before the update but ea are showing this is what they want year after year.

This is it right here.

I neglected to save the video last night but the match I played right after the game with the Fahrmann vid in my original post was 0-0 in the 120th minute. The CPU got a corner and whipped in a terrible cross. Ref calls a penalty on my AI Toprak. Replay shows no penalty whatsoever. I think he touched the CPU player's shoulder as they went up for the ball.

Gameiro steps up for the CPU. I guess the correct way with Fahrmann who gets his hand on the ball but for some reason lifted up his harm allowing the ball to go under his hand (yes, he got his hand on the ball and it went under his hand) and into the net. I lose 1-0 and get 349 whole points.

SB went from the best thing to happen to FIFA in years before the patch to this FIFA now maybe being the worst game I've ever played. It's comedy at this point. I didn't even bother playing my last round of matches.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Rattius wrote: »
    If you watch til the end sorry about the **** video I thought it was a bit longer but you will see the ball Clearly go through the fingers of my goalie at that angle it's a clear save, that cost me to lose the match, it's just frustrating as you can clearly see it go through his fingers as if his hand didn't exist.

Forget the ball went through your keeper's fingers, which admittedly is difficult to set aside.. He didn't even make any effort. He just stood there and let the CPU player volley it without making any play on the ball whatsoever.
  • Rattius
    JGCramp wrote: »
    Rattius wrote: »
    If you watch til the end sorry about the **** video I thought it was a bit longer but you will see the ball Clearly go through the fingers of my goalie at that angle it's a clear save, that cost me to lose the match, it's just frustrating as you can clearly see it go through his fingers as if his hand didn't exist.

Forget the ball went through your keeper's fingers, which admittedly is difficult to set aside.. He didn't even make any effort. He just stood there and let the CPU player volley it without making any play on the ball whatsoever.

Yeah totally agree but to me it's the fact his hand is apparantly invisible, but I won't argue I don't mind I finish elit every week but god it's frustrating was nearly as bad as the ref for united Liverpool today lol
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    How about the balls that hot the post. Mine never go in. Pc goes in all the time. They can shield the ball and. I way to win. If I shield I lose