Squad battle frustration

M_Baller_15
643 posts An Exciting Prospect
Where do I start.... my yearly rant.

I'm not a very good player, mostly play offline. Although I'm undefeated online this year. 1-0.

So I can destroy the CPU on amateur and get 800 pets per game. When I bump up the difficulty, total chaos ensues. It's absolutely hit and miss, but I win about 1 in 4 games regardless of semi pro, pro, or legendary. I've won on leg a couple of times. These difficulties are SO inconsistent and at times it feels as tho ea just wants me to lose so I can buy packs. I mean, I played a 78 rated team with a 62 goalie that not only stopped impossible shots, he kicked the ball to the center and got an assist. Most of my harder difficulties result in 300-400 points.

So ea, something needs to change for greater incentive to progress thru the difficulties. A little more clarity and consistency.

And no I'm not buyin packs this year no matter how much you cheat. Foul much!

/Rant off

Comments

• leon1309
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    IMO your players recive a nerf aswell on higher dificulties...as after world class they will start with poor touches, bad passes, no runs, except for the once you force, will make silly mistakes on their own, etc. Maybe it is just my team momentary, but this should not happen offline. I get that the opposing AI is cranced up, but that should not mean my team forgets how to play...

I tested it a bit and my team plays fine up (meaning if I pass to open player 5 m away he will get the ball and will not make a bad touch on his own or do some other silly mistake) to professional, after that the BS begins...

I had this happen to me in the last game on WC dificulty opponent AI striker takes a shot, my GK saves it, but goes ower him and now rolls towards the goal...no problem as I have my CB right there to clear the ball...wrong...at this moment I see that striker wnet into celebration mode right after he took the shot and it went ower GK...and while I am running towards the ball with my CB (should clear the ball without any problems) I see my AI controled GK who fell down before, get up, take 3 steps towards my CB (and the ball) and take out my CB, but lets the ball roll in the goal...at that point I just turned off the console.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    Imho, it's an unfortunate part of the game. I wouldn't even start FIFA if I wasn't prepared for seemingly random, unfair and bizarre things to happen as then I'd just get stressed and angry... and there's no point playing a game if that's what it does to me. So, when I play that 77 rated, 81 chem "Beast FC" I'm fully prepared for the game to go totally against me, have the "Beasts" all play like Icons and my usually good team to fluff passes and put 95% of decent chances wide, over the bar or onto the woodwork. That way, when it happens (as it often will do) I am able to just smile and move on to the next.

If you can't do this, I wouldn't bother even starting the game up.
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Most of my harder difficulties result in 300-400 points.

/Rant off

It seems particularly unfair when you take Legendary AI through a hard fought and stressful game into extra-time and then penalties and end up with less points than you would had you just coasted to a 10-0 win against the same team on amateur. I got Elite 3 last week but played around 10 of my 40 on amateur to make sure I got over the line rather than risking missing out.

If you're struggling against anything higher than amateur then what I would do is play the first 3 games against Amateur to rack up 2400 points each round, then play the last one against Legendary using a 5-3-2 and learn how to defend against it. Next round of 4, go attacking against Legendary, forget about the result and just try to score goals. Use that 1 match in every 4 to practice.

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    The key is to score 5 goals whatever the level, the higher the level you achieve this, the multiplier comes into play....obviously clean sheet, possession higher than 60% and pass accuracy all contribute....I've been playing it on semi pro...
    Done all the games so far and I'm sitting on 21,062 (gold 1 currently) I don't see the point in stressing myself out on harder levels, because that's when the BS starts....I'm going to do all the games as I've started and see what I finish on come the reset. I've been using the SB games to get better at nailing certain skill moves and what my players are capable of.

Past 2 weeks I've ended on gold 2, but I mixed it up difficulty wise, and it was just pointless in the end. This way I get rewards and less stress B)
  • TRADING2CR9
    674 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is it possible to stack the packs you get for tots?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Honestly its so inconsistent and bull$hit... sometimes it legit feels like you are playing a human they play so well
  • Is it possible to stack the packs you get for tots?

Yeah I'm sure someone said you can
  • The key is to score 5 goals whatever the level, the higher the level you achieve this, the multiplier comes into play....obviously clean sheet, possession higher than 60% and pass accuracy all contribute....I've been playing it on semi pro...
    Done all the games so far and I'm sitting on 21,062 (gold 1 currently) I don't see the point in stressing myself out on harder levels, because that's when the BS starts....I'm going to do all the games as I've started and see what I finish on come the reset. I've been using the SB games to get better at nailing certain skill moves and what my players are capable of.

Past 2 weeks I've ended on gold 2, but I mixed it up difficulty wise, and it was just pointless in the end. This way I get rewards and less stress B)

For me everything less than legendary got a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time/rewards ratio. Yes sometimes the AI basically cheats and does some absolutely impossible stuff, but I have never lost against it and I won't ever lose against it. Only playing ut during the week, 2-3 games with my main team and 1-2 with a 10k fitness team, you can get 5-0 with a 10k team as well.

For me it's just boring and the lower the difficulty, the less points you get and therefore it's not worth it going through that boredom.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chown_LC wrote: »
    There is no excuse for losing on semi pro.

I don't ever lose on it :) it's free packs at the end of the day...easy profit and waaaay less stressful than WL
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chown_LC wrote: »

I don't ever lose on it :) it's free packs at the end of the day...easy profit and waaaay less stressful than WL

Very much this. Get 5-0 up and then try out some stuff to see how it works.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    snoikdonk wrote: »

Ive learned more skills doing this....than I did the whole of 17.....I'm gearing up for online...no need to rush into it...it's not going anywhere
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

Ive learned more skills doing this....than I did the whole of 17.....I'm gearing up for online...no need to rush into it...it's not going anywhere

Also, folks here like to remind others how they can easily beat Legendary with their eyes closed and hands tied behind their backs. Some of us aren't that good and don't really care about the ego boosting so just play to enjoy, win or lose, no matter the level of oppo. It's only a silly game after all.

I agree about taking time... I'm sill enjoying my crap teams and won't upgrade until I'm bored with them, but reckon I've a fair few more crap teams to make until I get to that stage :smile:
  • snoikdonk wrote: »

Also, folks here like to remind others how they can easily beat Legendary with their eyes closed and hands tied behind their backs. Some of us aren't that good and don't really care about the ego boosting so just play to enjoy, win or lose, no matter the level of oppo. It's only a silly game after all.

I agree about taking time... I'm sill enjoying my **** teams and won't upgrade until I'm bored with them, but reckon I've a fair few more **** teams to make until I get to that stage :smile:

Exactly....enjoyment comes first for me personally
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    It feels like low chem teams play better than high chem teams now. I see so much dumb **** happen against low chem teams.
  • snoikdonk wrote: »

I agree about taking time... I'm sill enjoying my **** teams and won't upgrade until I'm bored with them, but reckon I've a fair few more **** teams to make until I get to that stage :smile:

Completely agree. Although its still annoying when the game is blatently doing stuff that screws you
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

Completely agree. Although its still annoying when the game is blatently doing stuff that screws you

The game will always do this and we all know that so I guess there's no point getting annoyed about it. That's my philosophy anyway. Heh... I'm obviously feeling chilled today!
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Imho, it's an unfortunate part of the game. I wouldn't even start FIFA if I wasn't prepared for seemingly random, unfair and bizarre things to happen as then I'd just get stressed and angry... and there's no point playing a game if that's what it does to me. So, when I play that 77 rated, 81 chem "Beast FC" I'm fully prepared for the game to go totally against me, have the "Beasts" all play like Icons and my usually good team to fluff passes and put 95% of decent chances wide, over the bar or onto the woodwork. That way, when it happens (as it often will do) I am able to just smile and move on to the next.

If you can't do this, I wouldn't bother even starting the game up.

This
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    leon1309 wrote: »
    IMO your players recive a nerf aswell on higher dificulties...as after world class they will start with poor touches, bad passes, no runs, except for the once you force, will make silly mistakes on their own, etc. Maybe it is just my team momentary, but this should not happen offline. I get that the opposing AI is cranced up, but that should not mean my team forgets how to play...

Your players do get a nerf and the opposition gets a buff. There was a post on reddit where bronze players had 99 IG stats on ultimate. It doesn't last the whole game though and you can feel when things change. You need to change your tactics and playstyle accordingly.
  • leon1309
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Playing against though opponents (even though AI one) does not stress me as much as when I see my team turn to kindergarten level (i mean i had Player with 88 dribling stat taking bad touches from low short passes, had my Immobile trip over when doing the fake shot, and a bunch of other random stuff... not even counting the Times when I shoot and press the shoot button to Power up the shot and my Player shots something that looks like a pea roller.

Funny thing is that I started noticing this a few days back (given i did Play only few games on higher difficulty settings last week). Hope they fix this. I dont mind the challenge, but leave me the team to Play it with...

My first few games against legendary were a treat to Play (all 4 games were though, but my team was there, passes were reaching their targets, etc.) not this mess I get to play lately...

And i do try not to stress about it...
  • M_Baller_15
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ok so, some good advice here. I think I will do three easy games and then a harder one on semi pro or pro or legendary to challenge myself.