Have everything for Prime ADP in place... do I, or don't I?

PelzyWelzy
9199 posts League Winner
I love Del Piero. Was brilliant for me in 17, used his earliest Icon version and felt great... just curious as to whether i should go ahead with this or not.

Can imagine a few of you lads have got him already. Able to shed some light?

Would be used at CF in a 4-4-1-1 or striker in a 41212(2).

So then... do i or don't I?

Comments

• Orison
    47108 posts FIFA Cover Star
    No.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    How much would he cost you ?
  • Stonebridge
    1146 posts Professional
    Are you using him in every single squad you make from here on until end of Fifa 18, if yes then do it
  • DoD_Jester
    26196 posts Player of the Year
    One of those that depends entirely on you buddy

Do you change teams very often?

Will you be happy having to use him all year?

Do you have the coins to build something good around him?

If the answer to all those is yes (no for the first) and you're sure you want him then go ahead

If theyres any doubt though I'd hold off, not like it's going anywhere
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    I wouldn't personally.. I actually prefer the looks of his other two cards depending on where you need to play him..
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    Blarix wrote: »
    How much would he cost you ?

Taking out the cost of the untradeables i already have to bung in it probably 900k :wink:
  • Orison
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    I wouldn't personally.. I actually prefer the looks of his other two cards depending on where you need to play him..

This. Tradeable 87 should be bae if you want an AdP card.
  • BcfcDale88
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    Using his prime loan and tbh he feels weak and sluggish me personally wouldn't do it
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    No.

Haha. Thats a firm answer from you bro... any reasoning behind it?
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    No.

• PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    Agent VZ wrote: »

This. Tradeable 87 should be bae if you want an AdP card.

Just seen this. Hmm, leaves a dilemma. Could complete this for a good half a mil cheaper than his other cards would cost... but then it is untradeable.

I hate SBC's. Give me a headache :joy:
  • Orison
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    No.

No matter how much he costs you, it will be too much.

The 87 one is tradeable, got better workrates, 5 more pace and 3 more physical. We all know that pace and physical are the most important stats in Fifa so that combined with the better workrates makes the 87 the best AdP imo. And you can sell it again :D
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    No.

The 87 one is tradeable, got better workrates, 5 more pace and 3 more physical. We all know that pace and physical are the most important stats in Fifa so that combined with the better workrates makes the 87 the best AdP imo. And you can sell it again :D

Haha. You're not wrong about the pace and physical :smiley:

I'm going to mull it over i think. Still in two minds really. I know if i get his 87 i'll probably just end up selling further down the line, chopping and changing squads all the time.. frittering away my coins on tax and chemstyles :joy: It's what draws me to this.. at least then he's going nowhere.

• ThierryTheKing14
    1889 posts Play-Off Hero
    87 >>>

The only current one worth doing is Rui Costa imo.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Do the loan one, try before you buy.
  • Orison
    No.

Haha. You're not wrong about the pace and physical :smiley:

I'm going to mull it over i think. Still in two minds really. I know if i get his 87 i'll probably just end up selling further down the line, chopping and changing squads all the time.. frittering away my coins on tax and chemstyles :joy: It's what draws me to this.. at least then he's going nowhere.

If it was 1 pace and 1 physical it might have been worth it just to have that 1st owner prime icon, but 5 pace is actually massive. Especially if you ever want to play him at CF or even striker.

Funnily enough my first game yesterday (just wanted to test out Pogba), was against prime AdP, 7-0 to me after the first 45mins :D AdP seemed to be rather weak, my CBs just constantly outran him and pushed him off the ball, still sent the guy a nice message tho.
    d387f2b2710e9b55960612c211aeee48.png

• Sanoooo
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    Ive used both the 87 and now have the 92. Use a hunter on both. Ive felt no difference in pace and maybe a slight difference in dribbling.

The 92 has an extra amazing finesse long shot though. 9 of my 12 goals have been scored that way.

And the stamina and strength on the 92 is lower, but they where hardly amazing to begin with so the overall effect feels negligible to me.

Ohh... both at cam. Plus havent noticed much difference between the med/med and high/med. But maybe i will over time after more games.

• Sercs
    18590 posts World Class
    Too much coins to put into an untradeable
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    NO
  • Nen
    4343 posts Moderator
    I think he looks the worst of the lot.

I hate loan players but in this situation, surely do the loan one give him a try for 20 games. If you love him do him, if he is meh, try the 87 and don't be locked into untradable.
  • LikeBigSam
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have done him, he is brilliant playing in ccam behind crespo with dybala left and soon to be rui costa right
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    LikeBigSam wrote: »
    I have done him, he is brilliant playing in ccam behind crespo with dybala left and soon to be rui costa right

I was rocking 87 Crespo and Dybala up top yesterday.. Crespo had something ridiculous like 24 goals in 17 games.

That trio tempts me
  • DobbyDooDah
    5697 posts Big Money Move
    Do the loan. Sell the rest for profit.
  • LikeBigSam
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    LikeBigSam wrote: »

I was rocking 87 Crespo and Dybala up top yesterday.. Crespo had something ridiculous like 24 goals in 17 games.

That trio tempts me

was planning on buying adp anyway to keep and use all year so the fact i could do this cheaper than buying either was the main reason i did it in the end
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    edited October 2017
    So I went ahead and submitted everything. As my wife pointed out over lunch, if i was thinking about it already I was going to do it anyway.. may as well save myself the mental torture of thinking about it and go ahead. She's always right :joy:

Pulled Mertens and a few other decent little cards from the packs... considering what I already had at my club and the pack returns it bought the total cost down to around 700k.

Might be untradeable but 700k for a 92 rated ADP.. I'll take it. Is basically half the price of his other cards ffs. Considering last year a lot of us, myself included, forked out over a mil for that SBC Luiz seems like a smart bit if business :joy:

NU1EswF.jpg

55KxhPV.jpg
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    you discussed this decision with your wife :D
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    earlier this morning

1xjlq6.jpg
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    Recardo wrote: »
    you discussed this decision with your wife :D

Her decision is always final mate :joy:

The amount she puts up with me trading and stuff she's as invested in this as I am. Lol.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9199 posts League Winner
    earlier this morning

1xjlq6.jpg

Brilliant :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    earlier this morning

1xjlq6.jpg

:joy: