EA really putting me off this game!

Jason1986
7099 posts Big Money Move
It's almost as if they only care about the customer who pumps money into FP's this year. They've not given the market a chance to settle and then they release ridiculous Icon SBC's that have massively increased prices of once affordable high rated players.

Unless someone's been lucky with packs early on or wasted a small fortune on FP's there's no way you can hope to compete. Yes you can trade up to having the coins for these players, but in trying to do so I've been banned from bidding on anything. So for the last 2 hours I've not been able to buy the players needed to complete my team for the weekend league.

It's a joke. The "pay to play" bollocks is ruining what could and should be an enjoyable experience.

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    18120 posts World Class
    Totally agree, I thought I was being semi prepared by doing over 70 two rare player packs....literally got about five 84 rated players, no walkouts...the game is catering the rich...and that's it, gameplay is awful online, SB is mondane...and career mode is ruined by the new glitch when you sign a player.

Are they rushing to fix it?.....nope. so I'm in no way rushing to pay even more than I payed for icon edition. The game is infuriating, broken....if I had hard copy I would have traded in. First time I've done digital download and it will certainly be the last time. Pack weight being awful for the majority of us and a broken game. EA have a tremendous amount to answer for.
  • RadioShaq
    21293 posts Moderator
    I would say this is one of the better years for people who don't pump fp into the game. So many ways to make coins.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I would say this is one of the better years for people who don't pump fp into the game. So many ways to make coins.

The thing is, the good players cost that much more than previous years so it's all swings and roundabouts.
  • TRADING2CR9
    674 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's complete opposite tbh, if you have the know how then you can trade with any coin amount. It really is quite easy this year.
  • Jason1986
    The laggy menus make sniping and even bidding on players a chore. And when you do finally get the bids in and try building up a trade pile of potential profit they'll restrict your ability to buy players. How is this fair?

They could easily implement a security question pop up for us to prove we're not bots auto bidding, but they won't. They won't earn any extra through doing so.
  • RadioShaq
    21293 posts Moderator
    Yeah but there is always going to be middle ground to trade with now that sbcs inflate previously unused players.

In past fifas if you started late cards were discard or 500k. No cards or even game modes to catch you up.
  • Jason1986
    It's complete opposite tbh, if you have the know how then you can trade with any coin amount. It really is quite easy this year.
    Missing the point completely here.

How can one trade when they've been banned from doing so?
  • RadioShaq
    21293 posts Moderator
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    The laggy menus make sniping and even bidding on players a chore. And when you do finally get the bids in and try building up a trade pile of potential profit they'll restrict your ability to buy players. How is this fair?

They could easily implement a security question pop up for us to prove we're not bots auto bidding, but they won't. They won't earn any extra through doing so.

Snipping is terrible on the market and you can make coins without doing that.
  • Jason1986

Snipping is terrible on the market and you can make coins without doing that.
    Yes I know, but when you get banned from using the transfer market that you need to use to trade, it becomes impossible. Further increasing the gap between the regular joe and the FP's abuser.
  • RadioShaq
    21293 posts Moderator
    You don't need to get banned to trade.
  • TRADING2CR9
    674 posts Sunday League Hero
    Missing the point completely here.

How can one trade when they've been banned from doing so?

True, I've been banned 2 times in the last 5 days. All because I'm trying to buy and shift cards. Although it was only 15&30 mins bans it's still not the point.
  • Ryan10g
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have 1.8m transfer profit and 0 extra aside from ronoldo edition and I have never once been banned from the transfer market, so if you aren't spamming trying to snipe there are many other ways to make coins. You just need to go to the forum posts on here.
  • Cahir85
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started off with no fifa points and with basic trading I'll have 2m coins if I sell up now.

Didn't spend a penny and I'm doing just fine.
  • Jason1986
    I know how to trade, I don't need tips. That's not the point I'm making.

I rarely snipe, but when rewards come out and everyone's spamming the market with new items and under cutting each other there's plenty of coins to be made doing so. Probably managed to snipe two players in 10 mins. Rest of my trading was putting open bids on players. I was banned for that presumably, I've had no explanation from EA so I wouldn't know.
  • JGCramp
    1389 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    Totally agree, I thought I was being semi prepared by doing over 70 two rare player packs....literally got about five 84 rated players, no walkouts...the game is catering the rich...and that's it, gameplay is awful online, SB is mondane...and career mode is ruined by the new glitch when you sign a player.

Are they rushing to fix it?.....nope. so I'm in no way rushing to pay even more than I payed for icon edition. The game is infuriating, broken....if I had hard copy I would have traded in. First time I've done digital download and it will certainly be the last time. Pack weight being awful for the majority of us and a broken game. EA have a tremendous amount to answer for.

I would actually say that, yes, they cater to people willing to give them $$. But why shouldn't they? They are a for-profit company. The bigger issue for me is the gap they have created between the competitive gamer (esp. the really good ones) who can amass WL rewards (not saying they aren't deserved) and then invest big coins in the market and the average casual gamer who is being left behind in FUT.

Sure, they added squad battles, but since the patch that gameplay has become absurdly inconsistent and difficult (and not very fun, tbh), again limiting the casual gamer even in offline play. I like investing and grinding coins on the market more than playing the game, but for good or bad they've really fostered a massive coin wealth gap between competitive and casual gamers (barring some incredible pack luck).
  • RadioShaq
    21293 posts Moderator
    JGCramp wrote: »

I would actually say that, yes, they cater to people willing to give them $$. But why shouldn't they? They are a for-profit company. The bigger issue for me is the gap they have created between the competitive gamer (esp. the really good ones) who can amass WL rewards (not saying they aren't deserved) and then invest big coins in the market and the average casual gamer who is being left behind in FUT.

Sure, they added squad battles, but since the patch that gameplay has become absurdly inconsistent and difficult (and not very fun, tbh), again limiting the casual gamer even in offline play. I like investing and grinding coins on the market more than playing the game, but for good or bad they've really fostered a massive coin wealth gap between competitive and casual gamers (barring some incredible pack luck).

Sb is so much easier than wl. Give some of the threads a read how to get easy rewards.
  • Cahir85
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite

I rarely snipe, but when rewards come out and everyone's spamming the market with new items and under cutting each other there's plenty of coins to be made doing so. Probably managed to snipe two players in 10 mins. Rest of my trading was putting open bids on players. I was banned for that presumably, I've had no explanation from EA so I wouldn't know.

You said you can't compete without major pack luck or spending a fortune on fp's.

I've done neither and I'm doing fine, that's the point I was making.

Wasn't offering you trading tips.
  • Jason1986
    Cahir85 wrote: »

You said you can't compete without major pack luck or spending a fortune on fp's.

I've done neither and I'm doing fine, that's the point I was making.

Wasn't offering you trading tips.
    That post was in reply to the one above yours.

I know it's possible to trade up to a good amount of coins but being banned so frequently when trying to do so isn't exactly fair.
  • Coderood
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't cry. The players that you have now are also inflated.
  • Jason1986
    Coderood wrote: »
    Honestly I doubt you even have the intelligence to know what I mean when I say you're missing the point completely.
  • Coderood
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly I doubt you even have the intelligence to know what I mean when I say you're missing the point completely.

Talking about intelligence lol. Wasn't it you that was giving critism to me because I said that I beat a guy that spend thousands of dollars for FP? How ironic, that it is you crying about it.
  • Jason1986

Talking about intelligence lol. Wasn't it you that was giving critism to me because I said that I beat a guy that spend thousands of dollars for FP? How ironic, that it is you crying about it.
    Again, you've completely missed the point.
  • bgp1845
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero

what is the career mode glitch?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    18120 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    @bgp1845 apparently after signing some players , when you go to play a game it freezes and you can't continue, I don't play career so not totally clued up on it mind due, folk are discussing it more on here, I've raised it with the mods and was told EA are aware of the issues.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-18-Career-Mode-Crash/td-p/6300349/page/42

• hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

How ironic that you are such a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »

How ironic that you are such a ****.

• BurntHelmet
    527 posts Sunday League Hero

Judging by your immature tone, you ain't old enough to beat your meat yet :D:D:D
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

You need to stay within the limits to avoid bans for mass bidding. After bidding on 150 items don't make any more bids for 75 minutes. If you go over 160 - 170 you get banned.

The totals are separate for the console and web app. So if you split your trading between the 2 you can make 300 bids before taking a 75 min break.

If you have made less bids than that then the ban was for sniping, not mass bidding

• snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    riskywhat wrote: »

You need to stay within the limits to avoid bans for mass bidding. After bidding on 150 items don't make any more bids for 75 minutes. If you go over 160 - 170 you get banned.

The totals are separate for the console and web app. So if you split your trading between the 2 you can make 300 bids before taking a 75 min break.

If you have made less bids than that then the ban was for sniping, not mass bidding

The 150 isn't exactly true although it is a good rough estimate. I've been temp banned for binning less than 150 consumables before. What would be helpful if EA could actually let us know what is acceptable and what isn't and the full details of what happens if we overstep the mark. Somehow I doubt this will ever happen.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    snoikdonk wrote: »
    riskywhat wrote: »

The 150 isn't exactly true although it is a good rough estimate. I've been temp banned for binning less than 150 consumables before. What would be helpful if EA could actually let us know what is acceptable and what isn't and the full details of what happens if we overstep the mark. Somehow I doubt this will ever happen.

Haven't been banned in months using this method. You do get a mini ban if you bid on more than 29 items in a very short space of time, but it only last about 20 seconds then you can bid again