Careers in Football/Soccer

nsholmberg11
1110 posts Professional
Anybody work in the industry? Not coaching/managing? I really want to pursue a career in soccer (I'm already 32 though!) and preferably not in coaching. I could specialize as a keeper coach since I took that to ODP and collegiate level. But I'm a business guy and just have to make the switch. Besides, my country needs all the help it can get!

Cheers

Comments

  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    32 is too late to start a career in football.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    32 is too late to start a career in football.

    Not at all
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2017
    It is, at least to the level he's aspiring to be at anyway
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Ash wrote: »
    It is, at least to the level he's aspiring to be at anyway

    How do you what level he wants to get to though?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Santiago wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    It is, at least to the level he's aspiring to be at anyway

    How do you what level he wants to get to though?

    He wants to make the switch so he's having s living in the game so he needs to be high level
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Ash wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    It is, at least to the level he's aspiring to be at anyway

    How do you what level he wants to get to though?

    He wants to make the switch so he's having s living in the game so he needs to be high level

    John Henry got into football in his 50s.
  • Anybody work in the industry? Not coaching/managing? I really want to pursue a career in soccer (I'm already 32 though!) and preferably not in coaching. I could specialize as a keeper coach since I took that to ODP and collegiate level. But I'm a business guy and just have to make the switch. Besides, my country needs all the help it can get!

    Cheers

    I've worked in player management/agency and as a scout for a couple of clubs. If you have a background in business, understand the game, get along well with players, etc., then agency/management would probably be a good direction to go.
Sign In or Register to comment.