[★][Sign-Up][PS4] Community Writer's Tournament A incl. TOTW prizes!

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2017
eh7PzMz.jpg

Comments

• Chow
    edited October 2017
    ★ | Introduction
    With the release of FIFA 18, the Writer team plans to starting hosting one night only Ultimate Team tournaments on both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. These tournaments will follow a single elimination (knockout) format, though you can expect the number of participants to vary, as well as the incorporation of themed events. It should be noted that these are not Community Cups, and as such, all tactics and playstyles are permitted (this includes attribute cards). The goal is to create a structured tournament that is both fun and rewarding, but you should expect people to enter with a win at all cost mentality. Streaming is encouraged, so if wish you share your tournament progress, post your Twitch/YouTube in the main thread.

PS4 Hosts: @Chow and @Sokker14
    XB1 Hosts: @Mike_Pickford

IyayJUz.png | Timeline
    There are no plans to make this a weekly event. Instead, sign-up threads will go live at random (48 hours before kick off) on a first come, first served basis, so be on the look out in General Discussion. Once the cap is hit, sign-ups will closed, but you can still be added to the reserve list in the event of a dropout. Participants will be tagged once the tournament thread goes live, and the draw will commence prior to the specified start time, with the bracket posted in both the OP and the latest post. A http://challonge.com/ link will also be posted so you can keep track of the bracket in real time.

If unforeseen circumstances occur and you cannot make the tournament, please contact the host ASAP - a reserve will be drafted in. During the event, please use the thread to communicate with the hosts as much as possible. We expect tournaments to last a few hours, so it's important you keep us informed of any results, as well as replays (in the event of a draw) or no-shows from your opponent. Byes will be enforced if a participant does not show up within the first 20 minutes of the specified start time, though later rounds will be judged on a case by case basis. Repeat offenders will be blacklisted. For more details on the first tournament, see below.

nktkXSS.png | Rewards
    The real reason you're here. @EA_Andy has confirmed that because this is being run on the FIFA Forums, there will be prizes available. The winner of each tournament will be able to pick 1 TOTW item (untradeable) of their choice from any of the Team of the Weeks we've had so far (1-4).

YWrpEtl.png | Tournament A Details
    Date: Saturday 14th October 2017
    Start time: 19:00 BST/UK (check your time zone here)
    Max size: 32
    Estimated completion time: 3 hours
    Theme: None

IQoaLLR.png | Tournament A Application
    If you are interested in taking part, please copy and fill out the application below.
    [b]PSN:[/b] TextHere
    [b]I confirm that I will be ready to play from 19:00 BST on the 14th October 2017:[/b] Yes

Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    edited October 2017
    Participant | GT/ID
    @YimmieHD | YimmieHD
    @Sporting | cavacaa
    @Gooner | Erdalgunners
    @keema-v | keema-v
    @Stubbzie | stubbzie
    @DazF90 | DazF90
    @AliasMaurice | AliasMaurice
    @Mr_Don123 | Mr_Don123
    @Ldsn157 | ldsn157
    @SF9 | Scott_F_1888
    @Mark | scottishsea
    @apfelmus_maCHer1 | xSoldierKinGx
    @LiamSully | LiamSully
    @Abdulhamed | Abdulhamed
    @BO0OM | WaelxP
    @Ben14ben | Ben14ben
    @Denisianes | Denisianes
    @tetsu0jin | tetsu0jin
    @Coderood | Coderood93
    @Burnie | Burnieboy9
    @Liam9lfc | LiamDoesDis
    @da-bever | da-bever
    @MrSkengYoo | MrSkengYoo
    @DanSmith89 | DSmooove89
    @Leon_Moore | LeonMoore0
    @Pxul_ | Pxui-
    @dupree | dupreed777
    @Jobiwan | Jobiwan-88
    @MichalisGR | BatigolGR
    @Xpglobe | FIFA-Pro69x
    @Jordo990 | J-_-BIRD
    Post edited by Chow on
  • PSN: YimmieHD
    I confirm that I will be ready to play from 19:00 BST on the 14th October 2017: Yes
  • Sporting
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    PSN: cavacaa
    I confirm that I will be ready to play from 19:00 BST on the 14th October 2017: Yes
  • Gooner
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    PSN: Erdalgunners
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    PSN: keema-v
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks good although attribute cards put me off joining.
  • Stubbzie
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PSN stubbzie
  • DazF90
    1372 posts Professional
    PSN: DazF90
  • AliasMaurice
    1912 posts Fans' Favourite
    PSN: AliasMaurice
  • Chow
    zl Gshock wrote: »
    Part of the reason we decided to leave this as anything goes is because we don't want people to complain about a certain tactic that someone has used. Whilst attribute cards are frowned upon, they are still a part of Ultimate Team. At the end of the day, this is a fantastic opportunity for forumers to pick up an IF like Messi that they may never have had the chance to use, should they go all the way. Maybe we will look at banning attribute cards in the future.
  • Mr_Don123
    2282 posts Fans' Favourite
    PSN: Mr_Don123
  • PSN: ldsn157
    Confirmo que estarei pronto para jogar a partir das 19:00 GMT no dia 14 de outubro de 2017: Sim
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner

PSN: Scott_F_1888
  • zl Gshock
    Chow wrote: »
    Part of the reason we decided to leave this as anything goes is because we don't want people to complain about a certain tactic that someone has used. Whilst attribute cards are frowned upon, they are still a part of Ultimate Team. At the end of the day, this is a fantastic opportunity for forumers to pick up an IF like Messi that they may never have had the chance to use, should they go all the way. Maybe we will look at banning attribute cards in the future.
    Would laugh if whoever wins just picks a discard inform. Are the rewards tradable?
  • fluffymnuffy
    12518 posts Has That Special Something
    Would laugh if whoever wins just picks a discard inform. Are the rewards tradable?

"The winner of each tournament will be able to pick 1 TOTW item of their choice from any of the Team of the Weeks we've had so far (1-4).
  • Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PSN: scottishsea
  • zl Gshock

"The winner of each tournament will be able to pick 1 TOTW item of their choice from any of the Team of the Weeks we've had so far (1-4).
    Well read but that doesn't specify. Chow's updated it now though, says untradable.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    46946 posts FIFA Cover Star
    PSN: xSoldierKinGx
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    PSN: LiamSully
    I confirm that I will be ready to play from 19:00 BST on the 14th October 2017:
    Yes
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    Something has come up, cannot attend unfortunately, have pm'ed the host too.
    Post edited by i2-TempZ-2i on
  • Abdulhamed
    2902 posts National Call-Up
    PSN: Abdulhamed
  • ozcs_69
    3002 posts National Call-Up
    this is sad for AUS / NZ players, its 3:00 AM our time mate
  • Chow
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    this is sad for AUS / NZ players, its 3:00 AM our time mate
    We spoke at length about the fairest time, there's always going to be a region that gets shafted and this time round it's Asia/Oceania. Don't forget, it also has to fit into the Community Writer's schedule too. Unfortunate, but that's how it goes.
  • BO0OM
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    PSN: WaelxP
    Post edited by BO0OM on
  • PSN: Ben14ben
  • Denisianes
    8062 posts League Winner
    PSN: Denisianes

Fml this will attract a lot of tryhards, but I can't resist a good ol' forum tourney now, can I?
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    PSN: tetsu0jin
  • yiddo13
    1286 posts Professional
    Are there any runner-up prizes or is it just winner takes all?
  • EA_Andy
    3090 posts EA Community Manager
    yiddo13 wrote: »
    Are there any runner-up prizes or is it just winner takes all?

There isn't this time around but we'll take on feedback following this tournament and look at that going forward.
This discussion has been closed.