What is thee formation this year?

AJS-17
758 posts Semi-Pro
Obviously different play styles suit different formations, this year I can’t find a formation that really suits me. I’ve been using 4222 but there’s a few wingers I wanna try how is

4231 with the wingers
Or any other formation with LM RM, I’ve used 4321 but not a huge fan, maybe I need to get used to it. Any help like with what your rocking and CT etc would be appreciated

Comments

• Saiffers
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
  • miri
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played 433(2) and 41212(2) all last year. Found 433 to be far too open in the midfield on 18, with the wingers not getting the room to dribble. 41212(2) worked just fine but it's very boring - just ping pong between your CAM and strikers until a gap opens.

Tried 4231(2) and haven't looked back. As someone who likes to dribble, my LM and RM get lots of room and link up the play really well. The CAM is ULTRA important in this formation and I notice a massive difference in my two teams where in one I have Alejandro Gomez, who is rapid and has amazing dribbling while in the other I have Santi Cazorla. Both work, but I have to change my playstyle a lot between teams. Cazorla is more of a controlling player, where with Gomez I can blast past people and break the midfield line into space.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    miri wrote: »
    Played 433(2) and 41212(2) all last year. Found 433 to be far too open in the midfield on 18, with the wingers not getting the room to dribble. 41212(2) worked just fine but it's very boring - just ping pong between your CAM and strikers until a gap opens.

Tried 4231(2) and haven't looked back. As someone who likes to dribble, my LM and RM get lots of room and link up the play really well. The CAM is ULTRA important in this formation and I notice a massive difference in my two teams where in one I have Alejandro Gomez, who is rapid and has amazing dribbling while in the other I have Santi Cazorla. Both work, but I have to change my playstyle a lot between teams. Cazorla is more of a controlling player, where with Gomez I can blast past people and break the midfield line into space.

Thanks mate, I think I’m gonna try 4231 (2) then
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    miri wrote: »

Thanks mate, I think I’m gonna try 4231 (2) then

Could you show me your team, I have CR7 untradable and I don’t know whether to play him 7 Chem ST or LM (it’s a horrible problem to have hahah)
  • 3-5-2 has been a massive suprise for me and I'll be going into Wl with it. I can post my team if anybody wants it.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    3-5-2 has been a massive suprise for me and I'll be going into Wl with it. I can post my team if anybody wants it.

Yeah let’s have a look, usually I don’t like to go for any formations without 4 at the back but heard good things about 352 this year
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    3-5-2 has been a massive suprise for me and I'll be going into Wl with it. I can post my team if anybody wants it.

My first year trying a 3 atb form and this form is so much fun to use, would definitely recommend trying it, check the 352 thread for CTs
  • BurntHelmet
    527 posts Sunday League Hero
    sounders3 wrote: »

My first year trying a 3 atb form and this form is so much fun to use, would definitely recommend trying it, check the 352 thread for CTs

Good to see people finding this tactic effective and recommending it.
  • FShqqLy.jpg
    @AJS-17 This is what I'm using at the moment.
    I've used Mkhitaryan and Willian in Wagner's spot before I got him but his pace isn't nearly as much of an issued as I'd thought. El Sha and Pulisic are solid in the attack and the defence, Fahrmann's a god in goals and the defence is actually really solid as well (I've kept 3 clean sheets out of 5 games). I'd recommend the team although depending on your play style you mighg want to switch Wagner for someone a bit more agile. Khedira and Goretzka also act like a wall in front of the defence.
  • BurntHelmet
    527 posts Sunday League Hero
    FShqqLy.jpg
    I've used Mkhitaryan and Willian in Wagner's spot before I got him but his pace isn't nearly as much of an issued as I'd thought. El Sha and Pulisic are solid in the attack and the defence, Fahrmann's a god in goals and the defence is actually really solid as well (I've kept 3 clean sheets out of 5 games). I'd recommend the team although depending on your play style you mighg want to switch Wagner for someone a bit more agile. Khedira and Goretzka also act like a wall in front of the defence.

SOLID ;)
  • KKTHX
    1101 posts Professional
    4334 is solid for me.
  • iWilshere_19
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    False 9
  • IxToMxI
    4840 posts Big Money Move
    I can't wait to play all these three at the backs this weekend league :D
  • deang07
    7911 posts League Winner
    IxToMxI wrote: »

Have fun with that only good defenders are using it and the cdms make up for no full backs nigh on everyone using it is conceeding less
  • Sandell85
    7482 posts League Winner
    deang07 wrote: »

Have fun with that only good defenders are using it and the cdms make up for no full backs nigh on everyone using it is conceeding less

Im not a good defender :) but i like the formation atm
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sandell85 wrote: »

Im not a good defender :) but i like the formation atm

Same here. It's much more solid in defence than any other form I've used this year and the passing triangles are brilliant.
  • Purplejacket
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    KKTHX wrote: »
    4334 is solid for me.

• jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    played myself up to div. 1 with 4-1-2-1-(2) but damn it's boring..

Can't seem to reach the same level with different formations though.. Only thing i like is 4-2-3-1 narrow but quick/agile CAM's are very rare as usual
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    FShqqLy.jpg

Thanks man the team looks great do you not need more defensive wingers or is that okay?
  • ColeWorld
    8512 posts League Winner
    442 2
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    442 2

I wanted to try this cause I usually use 4222, and the formations look very similar, have you used 4222? If so how similar are they
  • El-Zimi
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2017
    4321 and 41212(2) without a doubt.
    https://ibb.co/ghNrTw
    This is my team, if you don’t have enough coins you can get Gabriel Jesus instead and you won’t regret it.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    El-Zimi wrote: »
    4321 and 41212(2) without a doubt.
    https://ibb.co/ghNrTw
    This is my team, if you don’t have enough coins you can get Gabriel Jesus instead and you won’t regret it.

I have untradable Ronaldo so I’d have to change it a bit to fit him in but I like it mate, just not sure on 4321 this year. Last year i only played 4321!
  • Gazza74
    1114 posts Professional

• IxToMxI
    4840 posts Big Money Move

Should be fine, the W/L was nice and easy last weekend should be the same this weekend.

4321 is still fire
  • paul24878306
    4543 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    I prefer 4231 narrow to wide in how the formation plays, but I like wingers/wide players in the outside CAM slots. Its the same every year.... I hate that I cant use a winger at wide CAM on even 7 Chem. Its my only real gripe with the chem/formation system.

Seems totally off/inconsistent that a LF can play striker on 7 Chem, a LM can play CM on 7 chem, but a LW cant play CAM on 7 chem.

I use the wide variation, but I often switch to narrow if its not going well int he first 20-30 mins.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    4231 wide for me.
  • wade_7_
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    KKTHX wrote: »
    4334 is solid for me.

I bet it is with 14 players.... :*
    *tumbleweeds*
  • Lacerda11
    1110 posts Professional
    4312 imo