Hero cards

maymanpele
14520 posts Has That Special Something
Any reason Messi didn't get an upgrade like the other 4 players? Surely EA don't have a clause that Messi can't be higher rated than Ronaldo even though he's better, right?

Comments

• DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Maybe, who knows
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    Because he's an overrated dwarf.
  • Jackadinho
    2268 posts Fans' Favourite
    I heard Messi said he wanted to be the same rating as his CF card. Watch his post match interview they ask him about his potential Hero card on Fifa
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Because he's an overrated dwarf.

• TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Because EA are a joke, and anyone who says Messi is overrated clearly know jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about football and should go and boil their head
  • Jackadinho
    2268 posts Fans' Favourite
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    Because EA are a joke, and anyone who says Messi is overrated creaky know jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about football and should go and boil their head

I love fishing
  • maymanpele
    Because EA are a joke, and anyone who says Messi is overrated creaky know jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about football and should go and boil their head

I mean we all know he's better, but there are a few trolls around here. It's not a big deal, I'm just confused as to why he's the only one not upgraded.

I guess scoring 3 goals in a match to take your team from elimination to automatic qualification isn't very impressive to EA.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Trying to spread it out I guess.

Otherwise he’ll run out of room. I’d imagine they’ll do the same with Ronaldo. LW IF and ST, in whatever order but at the san rating.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Probably rather do a rerelease/position change while it's so early on.
  • TimRUFC
    maymanpele wrote: »

I mean we all know he's better, but there are a few trolls around here. It's not a big deal, I'm just confused as to why he's the only one not upgraded.

I guess scoring 3 goals in a match to take your team from elimination to automatic qualification isn't very impressive to EA.

I know where your coming from mate, he's the GOAT and has been treated like crap by EA for a few years now because of a contract situation. It's all a bit Sh!tty by their company tbh I think
  • LFC Simon 98
    21686 posts Club Captain
    Because EA are a joke, and anyone who says Messi is overrated clearly know jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about football and should go and boil their head

Thing with Messi is that he needs an army of fanboys to defend him, because they're so insecure about him being "the greatest", and anyone who disagrees is just ignorant.

Ronaldo doesn't need any defense.

That's why it's so funny to taunt Messi fanboys.

Tbh I think it’s the other way around
  • Stu768
    913 posts Professional
    Not even seen a Messi been an hour and half lol
  • maymanpele
    Maybe EA will realize that Messi is great all year around, and he's basically worthy of TOTW/Special cards at any given time so they will cap starting ratings at 90 so they can give the cards that are deserved.

Pretty good conversation here bar baffoon who seems to be mad at the world.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Maybe EA will realize that Messi is great all year around, and he's basically worthy of TOTW/Special cards at any given time so they will cap starting ratings at 90 so they can give the cards that are deserved.

Tbf you kinda asked for it by stating Messi is better in the OP even though many will disagree and we all know it is a controversial topic.
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional

There you have it ;) When overalls are far too high, they just make a different version with the same rating at times, not the first time!

BTW, I know you from the good old days. I'm not mad lol
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Ronaldos better in real life so makes sense to make sure Messi does not have a virtual card higher than him.
  • maymanpele
    Santiago wrote: »

Tbf you kinda asked for it by stating Messi is better in the OP even though many will disagree and we all know it is a controversial topic.

Based on current form, I can't see anyone logically disagreeing Messi is the best in the world right now.

The last few seasons Ronaldo earned his higher rating.

There you have it ;) When overalls are far too high, they just make a different version with the same rating at times, not the first time!

BTW, I know you from the good old days. I'm not mad lol

Troll game 99 for @BuffonJuve93
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    But stats are based on last season?
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional
    Still, I gotta say it. Messi is the best in the World

Ronaldo is the best in the Universe.
  • Summer69
    1538 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi didn't really show up last season did he?
  • TRADING2CR9
    674 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ronaldo is a work horse who made his way to the top with top class ability to help him on his way.

Messi is naturally gifted. No player I've seen in my life is that good technically. He doesn't need strength because he puts everyone on their arse.

Both are as good as each other. They can't be compared. That's like comparing Kante and modric. Both totally different players and both are class in their respective positions.
  • maymanpele

So current totw/special cards are based on last season?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited October 2017
    Ronaldo is a work horse who made his way to the top with top class ability to help him on his way.

Messi is naturally gifted. No player I've seen in my life is that good technically. He doesn't need strength because he puts everyone on their arse.

Both are as good as each other. They can't be compared. That's like comparing Kante and modric. Both totally different players and both are class in their respective positions.

Messi is ridiculously strong for his size to be fair.
  • TimRUFC

Thing with Messi is that he needs an army of fanboys to defend him, because they're so insecure about him being "the greatest", and anyone who disagrees is just ignorant.

With that comment you have just proven your own point but the other way round been a Ronaldo fanboy yourself :joy:
    The topic of Messi and CR7 is a controversial one and will always cause arguments. Why can't we just be happy that we lived through a time when 2 of the greatest ever ballers were in their prime?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2017

Their upgrades are yes.
    Take this for an example:

There is a 74 rated player who is playing great, can't make his IF 80 all of the sudden.

That is why there are winter upgrades
  • maymanpele
    Summer69 wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, he had more goals and assists than cr7 but if someone wants to check the numbers that would be great
  • TimRUFC
    Rutta wrote: »
    Ronaldos better in real life so makes sense to make sure Messi does not have a virtual card higher than him.

In your opinion :wink:
  • BuffonJuve93
    1175 posts Professional

With that comment you have just proven your own point but the other way round been a Ronaldo fanboy yourself :joy:
    The topic of Messi and CR7 is a controversial one and will always cause arguments. Why can't we just be happy that we lived through a time when 2 of the greatest ever ballers were in their prime?

TBH I'm just trolling and I think Zlatan is the greatest, not by numbers but because he's the moest exciting player to watch for me (though since he moved to ManUtd I cannot cope with Devil fans)
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    edited October 2017
    Summer69 wrote: »

I love how people have to exaggerate everything about Messi and Ronaldo. No other player EVER has put up numbers like these guys on the level they're playing at and yet people still have the audacity to say ''oh he did he even play last season???''. Regardless of who you think is better, these two are for a fact the two best players you're gonna see for many years to come.
  • maymanpele

Their upgrades are yes.
    Take this for an example:

There is a 74 rated player who is playing great, can't make his IF 80 all of the sudden.

That is why there are winter upgrades

ce25dafc33cc611e04e8fa8cbdc37f81.png
    d68a085c6e445224f0576e3b66ae8a96.png