Totw this year are crazy bad

i get that they wanted to nerf weekend league rewards but this is just awful.
how can they expect people will open packs when we have only 4-5 decent players in the team per week.
Or play weekend league for an entire season with elite and top100 rewards full of 75-77 gold ifs, weekly and monthly.
what's the point?

Comments

• deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    Yeh the silver to gold totw upgrades are a shocking thing for monthlies , literally going to be double the amount of discards in them rewards :(
  • mindm4ster
    4969 posts Big Money Move
    TOTW with Lewa,Eriksen,Matuidi,Arnautovic,Goretzka is bad TOTW for you ?
  • sulley88
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You do know that its performance based right.... They cant just add ronaldo, bale, pogba, aguero and the likes for nothing. :D
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    It's great, no more pack sellers getting in for complating a pass.. hopefully.
  • mindm4ster wrote: »

yes, its 4-5 good players with 16 garbage players. try look at last year totw.
  • Moose Factory
    3973 posts National Call-Up
    Was hoping for a SIF Kimmich.
  • Joe wrote: »
    It's great, no more pack sellers getting in for complating a pass.. hopefully.

what would be positive? no more silver/bronze if. 4-5 good players a week. nerfed fut champions weekly and monthly rewards.
  • Antparry92
    18059 posts World Class
    It's definitely better for this following smaller leagues. It's ideal for me who watches a lot of MLS and collects cards in game
  • RadioShaq
    15244 posts Moderator
    Only a small percent is gunning for the wl. It's nice for casuals as they can have cheap alternatives and make more unique squads.
  • Antparry92
    18059 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Only a small percent is gunning for the wl. It's nice for casuals as they can have cheap alternatives and make more unique squads.

RT
  • Snugglebites
    1204 posts Professional
    You do understand how the TOTW works, right?
  • RadioShaq wrote: »

ok i can see that, but for ea giving us a weak totw should be a problem. people are willing to spend money when they can pack good and valuable players. Better totw better chance to make money out of it. i don't get that.
  • mindm4ster
    mindm4ster wrote: »

there was a lot shittier TOTW last year
  • RadioShaq
    15244 posts Moderator
    I guess everyone now and then ea do it for the players. Will also make sbc easier and cheaper.
  • Blinky
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    But... Team of the week are the players deemed to have played best/made the best contribution etc. Why are you moaning at ea for that? Wouldn't it be just as useful to tweet the players you wanted to get team of the week and have a go at them for not playing as well as the players that got totw?
  • LiamSully
    6340 posts Big Money Move
    Will also make sbc easier and cheaper.

Not if you need an IF with a decent rating...

last year gold ifs were 81+ when this year they packed totw with 75-77-78 gold if. big difference.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    Ea are very sorry they can't control the best players in the world and make them score lol
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite

yes. i dont play bundesliga so that's half of this totw right there. arnautovic???? yea no. matuidi? sure. i have his nif and its great. but i can only imagine how overpriced his if will be, since its one of 3 or 4 worthwhile totw cards.

although tthat hero messi will sell packs regardless. salah too
  • SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Ea are very sorry they can't control the best players in the world and make them score lol

yeah but look at last year first 5 totw and compare them with this year first 5 totw. you'll see the difference.
    last year we had 7-8 bronze/silver players and gold if were 81+.
  • mindm4ster
    edited October 2017

last year gold ifs were 81+ when this year they packed totw with 75-77-78 gold if. big difference.

those are silver players turned gold on IF ( don't know why EA decided that tbh)
  • LiamSully
    6340 posts Big Money Move
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »

You don't seem to understand the point

It's not about who gets an IF, it's about the small boosts they get this year

Last year a 75 NIF would get an 81 IF.
    Now that 75 gets a 76/77 IF... pointless
  • RadioShaq
    15244 posts Moderator
    Because not many use bronze and silver players.

those are silver players turned gold on IF ( don't know why EA decided that tbh)

yes, i get that, that's the point. they give silver big boost so they became low rated gold ifs. they did that to nerf fut champions rewards.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Best TotW so far....

....first Forest player this title (Daryl Murphy).
  • Antparry92
    18059 posts World Class
    Because not many use bronze and silver players.

This. As bad as it is there just aren't bronze and silver players anymore and that's from someone who has loved playing with bronzes and silvers. EA have removed the platform for playing with them.

Take for example me collecting MLS players last year, 71/72 upwards were given 74 rated silver IF's and in some cases they were a lot more expensive yet it wasn't worth it for me to pay more to get a lower rated card seeing as EA hardly gave me a platform to play with silver/bronze criteria etc.
  • Preppypitcha77
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    sulley88 wrote: »
    You do know that its performance based right.... They cant just add ronaldo, bale, pogba, aguero and the likes for nothing. :D

this guy gets it. #facts

I know this is a video game but let's keep the boosted cards based on merit/performance in the real world
  • RadioShaq
    15244 posts Moderator
    Even when they did the players didn't use it. The bronze and silver tournaments died on their own.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    A lot more cheaper, discard price IFs as they will likely have SBC requiring IF cards.
  • Manutelli
    18857 posts World Class
    sulley88 wrote: »

It isn't performance based. Only players added are the ones that sell packs.