Is saving up your WL rewards until TOTY hits to try and get TOTY player possible?

JorisDB
1383 posts Professional
I was wondering if the players you get for your WL/Draft rewards are based on when you get the packs, or when you open the packs?
I am not planning on saving all my packs till TOTY, but this was something that crossed my mind last year and I simply could not find an answer to my question.
So purely hypothetical speaking: could I save up my packs and open them all during TOTY in an atttempt to hit a TOTY player?

Comments

• JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not worth it imo , chances of getting a TOTY player are very low , and now everything is expensive , lets say you pack a Gabriel Jesus now , selling for around 60k , during TOTY he will be 25k max , and that is just an example , everything will be much cheaper during TOTY
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Brazil4fun wrote: »
    Not worth it imo , chances of getting a TOTY player are very low , and now everything is expensive , lets say you pack a Gabriel Jesus now , selling for around 60k , during TOTY he will be 25k max , and that is just an example , everything will be much cheaper during TOTY

Yeah that's the reason I'm not gonna do it, but if you've got a sh*tload of rare ultimate player packs or whatever which probably won't be available during TOTY your chances are still very slim, but perhaps worth the gamble..
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    JorisDB wrote: »
    Brazil4fun wrote: »

Yeah that's the reason I'm not gonna do it, but if you've got a sh*tload of rare ultimate player packs or whatever which probably won't be available during TOTY your chances are still very slim, but perhaps worth the gamble..

During TOTY we will have multiple lightning rounds , promo packs , 100k or 50k packs almost every day , but thats just imo
  • Choepiechakie
    31049 posts National Team Captain
    When are WL reward being dropped? This evening or tomorrow?
    IMO it's to early to save up. profit when you can from the high prices.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    When are WL reward being dropped? This evening or tomorrow?
    IMO it's to early to save up. profit when you can from the high prices.

I believe tonight 00:00, but could be tomorrow during the day as well.
    (And I agree with your point, was just curious :))