Manchester United Career Mode| Bringing Back the Glory| Season 1|Champions League Final!

Richoman
135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2018
Introduction
Hx5MlvG.jpg
Doing a Manchester United career mode and will document it here with my own views as manager. The aim will be to return this great club to the glory it once had!

My strategy with this team will be to play an attacking 4231 with a CDM and a CM. I want my team to attack as much as possible using the wings to open up gaps from the opposition. The holding CDM will be there to break up attacks and act as an insurance to our many attacking options. Full backs are also instructed to overlap as much as possible. Whilst the wingers and strikers will be told to get in behind as much as possible

The game time is 6 minutes each half and the difficulty is on legendary.

Let me know your suggestions on what you would like to see!

Ronaldo Returns to Manchester United
vpjpsjB.jpg
Manchester United have signed Cristiano Ronaldo for a whopping fee of $219,300,000. This means the 32 year old will return to the team where he became a world star scoring 118 goals and winning the player of the year in 2008. Manchester Uniteds manager have also made Ronaldo the captain whilst also retaining his old number 7 back when he was at Old Trafford. "I can't wait to work with Ronaldo. He is the best player in the world and I am sure he will take Manchester United to the great successes he achieved whilst he was here" the Manchester United boss said during Ronaldos press conference. The Portuguese winger has said he is excited for the future and is delighted to be back, "Manchester United is a great club, it was the club which helped to get to the player I am today and I have said many times I would like to be back and I am now glad it has happened, I am back home".

Transfers

In:
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) LW 32 $219,300,000
Christian Pulisic (Dortmund) RM 19 $25,600,600
Ronael Pierre Gabriel (St Ettienne) RB 19 $1,430,000 + Young
Leon Goretzka (Schalke) CM 22 $41,900,000
Rico Henry (Brentford) LB 20 $2,100,000

Outs:
James Wilson (Nottingham Forest) ST 21 Loan
Sergio Romero (West Ham) GK 30 $13,900,000
Daley Blind (Spurs) LB 27 $16,300,000
Demitri Mitchell (Bolton) LB 20 Loan
Marcos Rojo (Juventus) CB 27 $30,000,000

Matches
As I have already started some of the matches before starting this post I will just post a brief outline of what I have got up to so far

Friendlies
vs Real Madrid W 3-2
vs PSG L 0-1
vs Bayern W 1-0
vs Atletico Madrid L 1-2

EPL
Man United vs West Ham D 0-0
Swansea vs Man United W 3-0
Man United vs Leicester W 3-1
Stoke City vs Man United D 1-1
Man United vs Everton W 4-2
Southhampton vs Man United W 4-1
Man United vs Crystal Palace D 1-1

Carabao Cup
Man United vs Swindon W 1-0
Sheffield Wed vs Man United W 3-1

Champions League
CSKA vs Man United W 3-1
Man United vs Basel W 5-0

Post edited by Richoman on

Comments

• Richoman
    Squad 2017/18
    M8ANTnG.jpg
  • Richoman
    T1z96kk.jpg
    3sJiwha.jpg
    LZK91xM.jpg
    HDYogR8.jpg
    7XNGxd2.jpg

Juan Mata Rumored to be Leaving
    BJ7qNd6.jpg

Manchester United playmaker Juan Mata is rumored to be on his way out of Old Trafford. The 29 year old is unhappy with his game time at United and is looking at other options with the Spurs being very interested. New signing last season Henrikh Mhkitaryan has taken his spot as the number one playmaker and with Cristiano Ronaldo taking another attacking spot the signs do not look good for the spaniard.

Managers View:
    A strong run of games and we are still undefeated in all competitive matches this season. I am pleased with all of our players and the depth in this squad. With everyone playing so well it has made me feel obliged to rotate the squad when I can so a lot of players can have a go. We currently sit second on the table and 1st in the Champions League. We are also through to the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup. Barring a few disappointing draws and lack of clean sheets we have done well so far.

Our player of the season so far is our star man Ronaldo, he just does what the team needs of him. Scoring goals and causing havoc for defenders. So far he has 15 goals from 13 appearances. Another standout performer has been Valencia, his workman like defending and run has been wonderful whilst "Miki" has also been our top assist man with 9 assists from 11 appearances.

In transfer news Juan Mata is looking to be on his way out. He was not happy with his game time and with Miki in the team and being 29 I felt it was a good chance to sell. I have put him on the transfer list and a number of clubs are after him. A deal could be done very soon. I am very unlikely to play him from now and will look to give games to Gomes to take advantage of his massive talent and fast track his development.

• milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good to get Ronaldo back at United, good to see you've given him the number 7 shirt. I like the high amount of detail in the updates.
  • Wyojasond
    16606 posts World Class
    Great run of games. Gonna be tough to beat with Ronaldo on the team now.
  • Richoman
    edited October 2017
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Great run of games. Gonna be tough to beat with Ronaldo on the team now.
    Na, nothing is a given haha, still had to sweat most of the games and we are only 2nd at the moment.
  • Richoman
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Good to get Ronaldo back at United, good to see you've given him the number 7 shirt. I like the high amount of detail in the updates.

Yep there was always one and only one number he would take. And thanks for the praise i like my stats!
  • Richoman
    0lteRjt.jpg
    uJ41ksJ.jpg
    kOdvwm7.jpg
    SMgbKk0.jpg

Ronaldo is the Player of the Month for October
    WW7WML9.jpg

After a wonderful month in the premier League where he scored 9 goals in 4 league games Cristiano Ronaldo is the player of the month for October. Despite being 32 years old Ronaldo has shown no signs of slowing down this season picking up where left off when he left United in 2009. This season he has played his usual role as the left winger whilst also having sporadic stints as the striker. "I am delighted to be the player of the month for October. We are in a strong position in the league and in the Champions League and I hope we continue our good form and that I can keep helping the team with my goals" the Portuguese winger said as he accepted the award.

Managers View:

A mixed bag of results with us going well in the League however or Champions league form has came to a massive halt. We are now 2nd in our group with one match left. The draw against Benfica and loss against CSKA has shown me that we can be very vulnerable defensively. I had a feeling about that in the early premier league games where we would almost leak at least a goal a game, especially at home. We play with one CDM and one CM however I am considering changing this up so our formation is more even. So 2 CDMS or 2 CMs. A massive change is not needed, maybe a small tweak.

On the bright side we are now top of the table in the league, with City closing in on 2nd. And it has also taken up to November for us to lose our first competitive match. We have a lot of attacking stars in our disposal however our weakness is that we can leave some gaps in defense and in midfield.

In terms of transfers we have found a buyer for Mata with the Spurs. He will leave once the January window opens and the fee agreed was $37,500,500. Stoke and West Brom have also been interested in Jesse Lingard and have put in tempting offers. Jesse is a versatile player but I feel as if at the moment he is just depth with not much upside and I will sell him for the right price.

• Richoman
    edited October 2017
    LscpHpq.jpg
    nhvEN5t.jpg
    IdNAS61.jpg
    FAHMZp4.jpg
    Mci6pA5.jpg

Player Statistics so far
    2Pj00hr.jpg

Team Statistics so far
    SVmAgak.jpg

Top Scorers in the League
    1. Ronaldo (Man Utd) 19
    2. Aguero (Man City) 9
    3. Hazard (Chelsea) 7
    4. Costa (Chelsea) 6
    5. Arnautovic (West Ham) 6

Top Assisters in the league
    1. Valencia (Man Utd) 7
    2. Mkhitaryan (Man Utd) 7
    3. Matic (Man Utd) 6
    4. Lazani (West Ham) 5
    5. Mitrovic (Newcastle) 5

Clean Sheets
    1. De Gea (Man Utd) 6
    2. Butland (Stoke) 5
    3. Fabianski (Swansea) 4
    4. Courtois (Chelsea) 4
    5. Foster (West Brom) 3

League Table
    1. Man Utd 39
    2. Man City 33
    3. West Ham 31
    4. Chelsea 29
    5. Stoke 29
    6. Bournemouth 28
    7. Spurs 26
    10. Liverpool 20
    18. Arsenal 17

Managers View:
    As we edge into the midway point of the season the results thus far has been very good, the highlight beating 2nd lace Manchester City to be 6 points on top of the table. Our league form has been very strong and we have not lost a game thus far. In the Champions League we finished 2nd in our group unfortunately. The loss to CSKA and the draw to Benfica cost us.

The change in formation from a 4231 to a 433 has paid off. We only made the subtle change of playing 2 CMS rather than 1 CDM and 1 CM but it seems to have made us more solid at the back and midfield in terms of defence. We have lost nothing in attack with the change. Since changing to this new formation we have only conceeded 1 goal in 4 matches.

The stand out players so far has been Ronaldo and Valencia. Both have been suberb with Valencia winning the player of the month for November. Ronaldos direct runs has caused oppositions defences to worry hence creating goals for himself and goals to others with the chaos despite his low assist rate. Valencia has been strong at the back and going forward, chiming with a couple of assists.

Notable mentions include Bailly at the back, Matic at holding midfield, Pogba with his dynamic midfield play, De Gea with his usual saves. Whilst Carrick has been suberb despite his aging body.

2 transfer deals have been done. Mata has left , but Lingard will also be leaving, we received a fee for $27,500,000 which was too good to refuse. We will look to recall a few players from loan to replace them as well purchasing a few in the transfer window.

Christmas fixtures are coming up meaning that many matches will be played. A lot of rotations will happen meaning many players will get a chance in the coming weeks.

I will be away for 5 weeks so there we be no updates till then

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    You are crusing in the league and Ronaldo is making the difference.

Your players top all the statistics... it can't be better, except in Europe.

Well done!
  • Wyojasond
    16606 posts World Class
    19 goals for Ronaldo already :o:o:o That's amazing. Very detailed stats again as well.
  • Ashy
    14545 posts Has That Special Something
    Lots of detail here, doing well top of the league and Ronaldo returning is epic what a return too with that many goals
  • milan_7
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    19 goals for Ronaldo, that is incredible, only 15 off breaking the record in a season. 12 off of the record for a 38 game season.
  • Richoman
    subpop wrote: »
    You are crusing in the league and Ronaldo is making the difference.

Your players top all the statistics... it can't be better, except in Europe.

Well done!

Yep Europe was where it annoyed me as we won our first 3 games too !!
    Ah well you cant win them all
  • Richoman
    milan_7 wrote: »
    19 goals for Ronaldo, that is incredible, only 15 off breaking the record in a season. 12 off of the record for a 38 game season.

He has been unreal this season ! His stamina means he plays most games too . Despite his speed decreasing he still finds ways to score
  • Richoman
    19 goals for Ronaldo already :o:o:o That's amazing. Very detailed stats again as well.
    Cheers man ! Valencia is also creeping up there with most assists by a premier league full back in a season;)
  • Richoman
    Ashy wrote: »
    Lots of detail here, doing well top of the league and Ronaldo returning is epic what a return too with that many goals

Cheers man , i try to make it so you can tell tge story perfectly for every game
  • Richoman
    a4sxbBa.jpg
    MESSI JOINS UNITED

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has dramatically joined Manchester United on the start of the January transfer window. The Argentinian who was rumored to be disgruntled at his club has joined Manchester United on a free transfer due to ongoing pay disputes with Barcelona. Manchester United has now jumped at the chance with the superstar being out of contract at seasons end. It is rumored Manchester United will pay Messi upwards of $900,000 a week. In a brief interview the superstar said "I am excited to join Manchester United, I am also excited for the new challenge that is the English Premier League". This move will bolster the Manchester United squad even more which already has many world class players such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba and David De Gea. It will also have a huge impact in the Premier League as many pundits and fans have always pondered how Lionel Messi will fair in the Premier League. These people will have their answer by next season.

EpWUyEa.jpg

qmdPBIj.jpg

uNnzSo9.jpg

Z9DjOAp.jpg

jAgGMgW.jpg

0EvAi5q.jpg

H9Jfe8d.jpg

JcBGiyO.jpg

NLWFAwG.jpg

BwtsOAM.jpg

QV7T9dI.jpg

n9QQQFu.jpg

eNgVsWG.jpg

League Table

1. Man Utd 64
    2. Chelsea 50
    3. Man City 49
    4. West Ham 44
    5. Stoke 39
    6. Bournemouth 35

Managers View:
    A massive and busy run of games and events have occured during the Christmas period. We sit atop the Premier League undefeated. We finish second in our group for the Champions League but we face Porto in the Round of 16 which could of been worse.

The usual suspects for us have been preforming. Ronaldo has scored in every one of his last 6 games and has 9 goals in his last 6 matches. Paul Pogba has been bossing the midfield and was crucial for us against Spurs. Antonio Valencia has been a machine down the right flank. However it is the performance of a few veterans which has sparked the team during a busy run of fixtures. Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Michael Carrick has put in very good shifts. Whilst Linedlof is slowly getting used to playing in the United defense.

The big news is of course the transfers. We bought Ezequiel Barco and Justin Kluivert to bolster our depth in the wings with the loss of Jesse Lingard. Both players are 18 years old but are hugely talented and will feature in the first XI at some point. However the transfer of Lionel Messi is the big story. Messi was out of contract and I saw it as a massive opportunity to improve the squad even more. He demanded a massive wage, but he was well within our budget. I am excited to see what he brings to this club next season. We have also recalled several players from loan. Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins the squad to replace Chris Smalling who is out for the season with a knee injury and Andreas Pereira is back from loan to replace the outgoing Juan Mata.

• exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just started a Man Utd story thinking mine would be the only active one and then you start posting again! I think they’ll be very different though. That Messi + Rinaldo combination is insane.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    You are destroying your rivals... and now you add Messi too. Any rival in the horizon?

• Wyojasond
    16606 posts World Class
    Lol. Messi and Ronaldo on the same team :D will opponents even bother to show up
  • CaTriEm
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really impressed with how you've kept track of all these stats, can't see too many teams challenging you domestically or in Europe when you have both Ronaldo and Messi now.
  • Richoman
    I just started a Man Utd story thinking mine would be the only active one and then you start posting again! I think they’ll be very different though. That Messi + Rinaldo combination is insane.

hahah i saw that ! don't worry there can never be enough of Manchester United ;)
  • Richoman
    CaTriEm wrote: »
    Really impressed with how you've kept track of all these stats, can't see too many teams challenging you domestically or in Europe when you have both Ronaldo and Messi now.

Thanks mate, my challenge now is to try and fit them all in the same team, Messi will arrive next season so I have time to figure it out
    Lol. Messi and Ronaldo on the same team :D will opponents even bother to show up
    subpop wrote: »
    You are destroying your rivals... and now you add Messi too. Any rival in the horizon?

I want to be ambitious and go for the treble and be undefeated in the league haha, then next season I will see what happens with Messi in the team

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    The whole team is just looking frightening atm. And now added Messi? Unbelievable. Will be fun to see Ronaldo and Messi playing together and having an Ibrahimovic in the squad as well...so much talent and world class.
    League title is nearly save so good luck for the rest of the CL and FA Cup.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2017
    Doing very well in the league. Shame about form in Europe though, bit shakier.

Messi and Ronaldo on one team though :o Team looks deadly enough as it is, next season could be even better.
  • Richoman
    Y9sMCdt.jpg

vZCWAWq.jpg

S9aYnB7.jpg

ibAtdPm.jpg

yjSfiOt.jpg

6pLtC35.jpg

pdfiyFh.jpg

Su1aAwP.jpg

1lEzG9z.jpg

ia4h6rH.jpg

Managers View:

It has been an up and down few matches during this period. We win the Carabao Cup and go into the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, but our undefeated run in the Premier League is over and we go out of the FA Cup to Chelsea. Both these instances could of been avoided however we made some sloppy errors in those games. We missed chances against Newcastle and gave the ball away late in the match which gifted them a goal. Then against Chelsea we conceded in the opening minute by being lazy in our defending.

However we are doing well in the league still and things look comfortable. We played really well against Porto away from home after a tricky start in our home tie. The players are also still in very good form with the usual suspects Ronaldo and Pogba leading the way. We did have an injury to Valencia during training which could of made the difference against Chelsea and Newcastle. Felliani is also a player that is providing some selection headaches as he is performing very well of late. Miki is also putting together a great season, and is our most creative midfielder, if it wasn't for Ronaldo he would probably be our best player. He has insane stats so far this season with 19 assists and 9 goals.

Overall things are still positive however we are just one or two notches away from total perfection.
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mkhitaryan is doing very well - pretty much the opposite of real life. Where are you playing him, CAM in a 4-2-3-1?
  • Richoman
    Mkhitaryan is doing very well - pretty much the opposite of real life. Where are you playing him, CAM in a 4-2-3-1?

Basically, actually technically in a 433 attack, Miki is the cam though and he has been wonderful, just pops up at the right spots and is so nifty, I sold Mata because miki was just that much better in his spot, and because... messi
  • Richoman
    64Vyy6Z.jpg

5gZNDwg.jpg

zmAh37o.jpg

gl7KSVd.jpg

J6qI0vC.jpg

adOlLmG.jpg

GFwAR5O.jpg

Ts80gBq.jpg

5tJyOOn.jpg

GyfItQs.jpg

7sfM8YP.jpg

Managers View

Well we are almost done for the season. And as we head to the business end, the league is done and dusted. We have sealed the league with many games to spare. However, our performances since this league has been done has left a lot to be desired. Despite the matches being dead rubbers I would of liked to see a bit more life in the matches and our defensive efforts have slipped somewhat as well.

Our champions league performances have been up and down as well. The good news is we are into the final !! However it was not as comfortable as we would of liked. The 1st leg against liverpool was a defenders nightmare. We have concceded many soft goals despite our strong attacking play. Looking at things back again I feel like our wingers do not track back enough, however we must balance this as I want really strong attacking play. We have also made a few sloppy errors at the back.

We have only the final and a premier league match to play. We have much to improve before the final, however when we are on we are very good. Pogba in particular has dominated the past few matches. Ronaldo has been good however he is in a patch of form where he has found it harder to score freely. Miki and Matic have also done really well in this period.
  • Richoman
    vtVCmKv.jpg

ZPkYRuG.jpg

Manchester United Win Their Fourth Champions League Title!

EpSVZ9n.jpg

yq2wHrc.jpg

IBftSJg.jpg

The Red Devils have claimed their fourth Champion League title to cap off a wonderful season for the club. They have done the double and won both the Champions League and Premier League titles. For the majority of the season United look in control of the league, however they were less than in control in the Champions League, finishing 2nd in their group and having some close shaves in some of the legs in their matches. The Liverpool 5-4 will be a match to remember.

The match today was also wonderful, with Manchester United jumping out of the blocks thanks to a goal from ,arguably the best midfielder in the world at the moment, Paul Pogba. But from there Tottenham steadied and put some shots at their goal and eventually scoring early in the second half thanks to Harry Kane. Both teams wrestled momentum from each other, however United were look the team a bit more likely to score due to their firepower upfront. Ronaldo had some close shaves, whist Lukaku also went close many times. However, it was the wonderboy Rashford who came on from the bench and changed the game, scoring and assisting Goretzka to lift United to become the best team this season in Europe. Their manager who is only in his first year has had a wonderful start to his United career, and it looks like there will be more success to come as Lionel Messi will be joining the team next season.

End of Season Stats

9QDm5o4.jpg

BkHtjAF.jpg

LnpzIft.jpg

Managers View

The season is finally over, and overall a very successful first season. The league title was wrapped up early and we win the Champions League. The positives overall outweigh the negatives. We have a very strong squad and a great mix of young and old players. Our player of the season Ronaldo was wonderful this year, however he slowed a bit in the end, so we have to look at maybe moving him into a potential strikers role for next season. Mkhitaryan was unbelievable, delivering over 20 assists whilst Pogba was on a rampage in the second half of the season. We are very strong all over the pitch but our weakness even though slight is our defence. We conceded some very soft goals with full backs not marking, defenders missing a tackle or our midfield not tracking back. Due to this we will look to further strengthen our defence and with Messi coming in, we will have to work out his best position. The season is done but I am looking forward to another one!