When do you think a players fitness is too low to play?

JorisDB
1383 posts Professional
I usually give a single fitness card when they're somewhere below 88, but since I've noticed the fitness of players doesn't go down as fast as it used to in 16/17, I was wondering if any of you guys play your players down to let's say below 80 fitness?
I've got 2 teams now, both around 600k, so they can rotate, but thinking of buying 1 main team and using 1 cheap fitness team on Squad Battles every 4/5 games, but this will only work if players are playable at around 80-85 fitness.

Cheers!

Comments

• NickoSkyhoej
    1281 posts Professional
    Well many will disagree with me, but i can't play with a team that has less than 99 from the beginning.

Having them with 99 stamina just gives you that extra in the last minutes of a game, which i really enjoy having, and usually gives me an advantage as people often play without 99 stamina from the beginning.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Well many will disagree with me, but i can't play with a team that has less than 99 from the beginning.

Having them with 99 stamina just gives you that extra in the last minutes of a game, which i really enjoy having, and usually gives me an advantage as people often play without 99 stamina from the beginning.

Same for me :). Which is why I always rotate between two teams, but since I've seen so many players play with 1 team only and I cannot believe they use a team fitness every other game, someone surely must have some experience with the fitness getting below 85 or something.
  • kamillu_22
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    if playing with only one team, use fitness card after every two games, around 84-85 for some players.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Below 90. I always play two games per 99 fitness.
  • JayBee
    990 posts Professional
    Seasons i let them dip to 80-85, WL every game 99.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    when its less than 99.. not that having few points less makes any difference, I'm just ocd about stuff like that..
  • Lloydie
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    95 is normally my cut off online
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Anything less than 90 for me.
  • alex1987
    5387 posts Big Money Move
    Usually when they get to low 80s.
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    How do you manage this? Do you have 10 good players to rotate your outfield players do keep their fitness up or do you buy fitness cards to do it? I’ve always had my 1st 11 and then after 2 games I swap all my outfield players and play 2 games with them and so in. Was thinking of just having my 11 and subs and going the card root. What’s people’s opinions on that
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Macca77 wrote: »
    How do you manage this? Do you have 10 good players to rotate your outfield players do keep their fitness up or do you buy fitness cards to do it? I’ve always had my 1st 11 and then after 2 games I swap all my outfield players and play 2 games with them and so in. Was thinking of just having my 11 and subs and going the card root. What’s people’s opinions on that

As said, I have 2 teams of the same strength and play 1 game with each team and having the other team as subs.
    However, if you do make 1 powerhouse team and 1 fitness team you should play 2-3 games with your best team, and then play 1 game (squad battles or something if you don't wanna lose online) with your fitness team.
    You can always buy a pretty decent Fitness team for around 100k, meaning the games you play will still be fun and you can still win them, and you can rock extremely hard during WL/seasons online with your good team.
  • alex1987
    5387 posts Big Money Move
    I will be playing 3 games of whatever online game. Then switch to fitness team for a squad battle, then switch back.
    Fitness + squad battle points.
  • Isco233
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Online 95
    Offline i can play even with 80.
  • Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Anything less than 90 for me.

• Macca77
    When you say fitness team. Is this a lesser team than your proper one
  • ICUP
    3906 posts National Call-Up

I used to do that but then I gave up, players still played the same around 80 stamina. Only players it seems to affect for me are my RB's and LB's since I literally make them do cross country every game
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    75 ish. Normally every 5 games I apply squad fitness. Managed to get elite 3 in fut champs last week like this. Just make use of your subs and don't Bronze bench like all the sheep.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Below 93/92
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play with anything in the 90s. if I forgot to change a player on the bench in my 2nd team and he's in the 80s, I have to fitness card him. Some positions lose a lot more fitness, like CAM. by the end of the game and extra fitness is decreased by a lot so its important you start games on 99 fitness.

GK lose more fitness than before.
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    When you say fitness team. Is this a lesser team than your proper one

Yes, a lot less. I'm thinking of going for a 40K Italian team as fitness team, and a 1.1 mil Hybrid as main team.
    Ofcourse you can balance this out any way you want, but the idea of a fitness team is having all your money available for your main team.

Edit: The 40K Italian team is decent ofcourse, you shouldn't buy a team that's worth 5k and makes playing impossible.
  • clsMUFC
    1236 posts Professional
    as soon as one of them hits 85, i put a squad fitness on
  • Eumel
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Below 90. I always play two games per 99 fitness.

This is what I do too.
  • IakinGomes
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WL: 99 only. we have 24 games of SB during the weekend which I use to play with my cheap 20k team (Areola kurzAwa kimpembe bartra piszczek castro moutinho sanson balde diao doumbia and martins) which performs GREAT!
  • Macca77
    edited October 2017
    Cheers yoris makes good sense. Rather than having 2 decent teams could spend more on your better team and do exactly what you do good advice
  • Macca77
    What positions do you think you need to cover with your 6 subs the most? Fullbacks, cam striker?
  • JorisDB
    1383 posts Professional
    Cheers yoris makes good sense. Rather than having 2 decent teams could spend more on your better team and do exactly what you do good advice

Looking forward to hearing how it turned out for you if you're going to try it!
    What positions do you think you need to cover with your 6 subs the most? Fullbacks, cam striker?

One back which you can switch for either the RB/LB
    One CB which you can switch for one of the CB's
    One winger which you can switch for either the LW/RW
    One ST/CF which you can switch for a ST/CF/CAM
    One attacking CM which you can switch for a CM/CDM if you are behind in the game
    One defensive CM which you can switch for a CM/CDM/CAM if you are leading in the game

I'm guessing this way you can sub your players every match and have an almost perfectly fit team every single game.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    74 is lowest i willl go , then look to sub at 65 min mark
  • JorisDB wrote: »

Looking forward to hearing how it turned out for you if you're going to try it!

One back which you can switch for either the RB/LB
    One CB which you can switch for one of the CB's
    One winger which you can switch for either the LW/RW
    One ST/CF which you can switch for a ST/CF/CAM
    One attacking CM which you can switch for a CM/CDM if you are behind in the game
    One defensive CM which you can switch for a CM/CDM/CAM if you are leading in the game

I'm guessing this way you can sub your players every match and have an almost perfectly fit team every single game.

1 Gullit gang member should be enough.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3883 posts National Call-Up
    I use a squad fitness every other game regardless of what fitness they actually have.