JESUS every game against 4321!

mojav
151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Its ridiculous how many games i come across this! its the most hidious formation when you see 3 B2B midfielders and the front 3 all on stay forward and driven pass after driven pass no midfield.

I've lost fairly to good players but its the worse players getting magically through on goal i hate.

Also i think its bad that people can change formation in game surely there should be chemistry penalties? if not then why have we even got chemistry?

Comments

• Kove
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    I think a large majority of them also contain Jesus! B) B) B)
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I had to ditch my false 9 formation and sell up. Did well up to around division 7 then went on an awful run! I try to play passing football, but literally 90%+ teams just try to bundle the ball through the middle with 4321.
  • mojav
    its true!
  • mojav
    only way i seem to beat it is to set fullbacks on always overlap and get a 2v1 on the fullback but then i just leave myself open to insane counters so it feels very risky. Any tips to beat the formation?
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    Don't play online?
  • Thamightyboro
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    Kove wrote: »

As goalkeeper because jesus saves

Badum tish
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Pathetic formation. Over used for years.

4411 kills it.

Wing play

Wing play

Wing play
  • mojav
    Would you use a target man up top?
  • Never understood why they implement chemistry and make picking a formation a big deal pre game if you can just change it straight away.

If you change formation in game it should at least dump 25-30% of chemistry automatically.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Never understood why they implement chemistry and make picking a formation a big deal pre game if you can just change it straight away.

If you change formation in game it should at least dump 25-30% of chemistry automatically.

Exactly this.

But also hate it that there is no way to just play 4-2-3-1 narrow with fast wingers unless you can buy fast CAM's.

Really really hate people who change formations immediately, but also hate it that it's not even possible to play my fav. formation with proper wingers
  • Rattius
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can countrr it with 5221, it leaves a bit if space in the middle but your back 3cbs will barely press up the pitch, I think it's coz your wingback are up and down constantly
  • CR7_Chem
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a great for formation.
  • Tennster10
    1764 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does any real life foot ball club use this formation?
    I hate facing it, 2 quick driven pass and they are in front of my goal. Dont know how to defend against that. Any tips?
  • Ciscobaylon714
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Cuz pace bro.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    It's a formation with basically 3 strikers so you get a lot of chances
  • FlyingOkapis
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2017
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    I hate facing it, 2 quick driven pass and they are in front of my goal. Dont know how to defend against that. Any tips?

I think they do but it goes down as 433. No one really has a LF or RF, Ronaldo could pretty much be classed as a LF however it will just be called LW in real life. Theres pretty much zero difference at times.

LF and RF seem to be a fifa thing.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    The game simply promotes negative football and the community is rotten to the core with people who will do anything to win regardless of of how pathetic it looks
  • Nankatsu
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kove wrote: »

Exactly!
  • mojav
    I mean I get negative football is real but no team who is parking the bus leaves 3 strikers up top against 2 cbs they should get dominated but for some reason it's like they have extra players in 4321
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    Tennster10 wrote: »

RM do.
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Pathetic formation. Over used for years.

4411 kills it.

Wing play

Wing play

Wing play

3-4-1-2 is pretty good against it too... they play right into the heart of your D.
  • CtldChaos
    mojav wrote: »
    I mean I get negative football is real but no team who is parking the bus leaves 3 strikers up top against 2 cbs they should get dominated but for some reason it's like they have extra players in 4321

Go with a 3-4-1-2. Sounds a bit counter intuitive at first, but 1) They are playing the ball into 3CBs not 2, 2) they will be located more centrally with fewer gaps, 3) Set one of the CMs to "Stay Back" and make it a decent CDM with good interceptions. All of a sudden they will be playing the ball right into the heart of your D, your CDM will intercept that out ball a fair bit, and since you are stacking the attack you will have options left right an center and their team "recovers" from their failed breakout attempt.

This seems to be working for me at the moment.
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2017
    CtldChaos wrote: »

Go with a 3-4-1-2. Sounds a bit counter intuitive at first, but 1) They are playing the ball into 3CBs not 2, 2) they will be located more centrally with fewer gaps, 3) Set one of the CMs to "Stay Back" and make it a decent CDM with good interceptions. All of a sudden they will be playing the ball right into the heart of your D, your CDM will intercept that out ball a fair bit, and since you are stacking the attack you will have options left right an center and their team "recovers" from their failed breakout attempt.

Show me someone using it successfully in division 1 vs the biggest abusers of these mechanics. Highly doubt it works. If the guy parks the bus or plays ultra d your whole midfiled is going to push up the pitch leaving 3 cbs at the back. 3 ATB is not enough vs counters.
  • CtldChaos

Show me someone using it successfully in division 1 vs the biggest abusers of these mechanics. Highly doubt it works.

Maybe you are right. Have a better suggestion?
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Cuz pace bro.

Pace means very little if you can defend and don't charge in like a dog on heat.

Came up against pace is most, if not all games so far, and still only lost 2 games.
  • ICUP
    3909 posts National Call-Up

with the 4-3-2-1 all midfielders are set to stay back whilst attacking and coupled with the individuals custom tactics it does feel like they have extra players.

• bigpokey24
    4786 posts Big Money Move
    Its ridiculous how many games i come across this! its the most hidious formation when you see 3 B2B midfielders and the front 3 all on stay forward and driven pass after driven pass no midfield.

I've lost fairly to good players but its the worse players getting magically through on goal i hate.

Also i think its bad that people can change formation in game surely there should be chemistry penalties? if not then why have we even got chemistry?

:D :D I sold mine for 60k,
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite

Show me someone using it successfully in division 1 vs the biggest abusers of these mechanics. Highly doubt it works.

dont play at all if u arent ready lose vs them or play liek that urself
  • Chubbs
    14226 posts Has That Special Something
    Hes terrible though so that should be a good thing.
  • CtldChaos
    edited October 2017

dont play at all if u arent ready lose vs them or play liek that urself

I do not mind losing to them, I am not the one complaining about the 4-3-2-1 formation. If they beat me, they beat me. I was simply trying to offer a suggestion on something that I have found to be working for me at the moment. You said that might not work with players highly skilled in the mechanics. I think that is a fair opinion, and you might be right. What do you think would work against the PTB, Counter-attacking play style in a 4-3-2-1 formation?