I did it :D

Toontink
194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Won the dkt my first year on Xbox one and will be first ever weekend league hopefully I do well

Comments

• Sxnfmuel
    1182 posts Professional
    Toontink wrote: »
    Won the dkt my first year on Xbox one and will be first ever weekend league hopefully I do well

GL man
  • Otis
    3575 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck man, just be sure to take regular breaks when playing and to stay as calm as possible.
  • Toontink
    Thanks guys
  • Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I'd suggest no more then 5 games in a row, plus if you lose two take a long break to prevent tilting yourself
  • '96dc2
    9060 posts League Winner
    Prepare for a weekend of hell!
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3309 posts National Call-Up
    Well done dude! Just make sure you stay calm during the weekend (lel) and as others have said take plenty of breaks! Good luck :)
  • Claicon
    2314 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't ruin your weekend with WL, trust me :D
  • AlexSolm
    9841 posts League Winner
    Congrats man
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Well done buddy. Only done a few myself. Relax and roll with it, try to just enjoy the matches and don't put pressure on yourself
  • Chubbs
    14641 posts Has That Special Something
    The way I do best is not worrying about losing. Unless you are a great player you are going to lose 20-30 games depending on your skill. Just take it as every win is a step closer to another reward tier you otherwise would not have achieved.
  • Toontink
    Thanks for the advice and well wishes guys :smile:
  • ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Just play your games with the belief you belong in the WL. Even if you don’t win 18 games at least you know you can win the DKO to get back in it.
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Nice one. You have inspired me to succeed.
  • Sean2On
    1213 posts Professional
    Claicon wrote: »

• BWild
    3798 posts National Call-Up
    Main advice: If you're winning, keep playing. If you're losing, take a break.
  • Rickch
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good job, I've been trying to qualify myself but I'm not good enough to win the DKT yet
  • Toontink
    Rutta wrote: »
    Nice one. You have inspired me to succeed.

Good luck dude
  • RadioShaq
    19795 posts Moderator
    Grats.
  • KingLionel10
    16369 posts World Class
    Good luck fella

Newcastle fan?
  • Toontink
    Good luck fella

Newcastle fan?

Cheers and yh mate
  • Gl man
  • Boss0
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    Honestly if this is the first time you have qualified. You're going to hate WL.

Every game is like a DKT final.

I purposely stop at 18 wins with most weeks having anywhere from 12-17 games left. Just so I can reach for auto qualification, because honestly that game mode is cancerous.
  • Fifafuthed
    836 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2017
    Sean2On wrote: »
    Claicon wrote: »

This. Rage central m8
  • Muzza87
    215 posts Sunday League Hero
    Boss0 wrote: »
    Honestly if this is the first time you have qualified. You're going to hate WL.

Every game is like a DKT final.

I purposely stop at 18 wins with most weeks having anywhere from 12-17 games left. Just so I can reach for auto qualification, because honestly that game mode is cancerous.

Not far off this myself I expect losses this year due to new born though :( but I am happy with any of the gold rewards obv would love elite for a gurentees totw player but that's life lol
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats and good luck. Don't take the WL too seriously, BS will happen and you will match opponents who will park the bus and waste time. Try to have fun and learn from your losses.