Best formation against Ai ?

BYourLord
2047 posts Fans' Favourite
What's the best formation against Ai ?
I used to play in 41212 and the seconde variation but got smashed in my last 3 games in Legendary so I guess it's time to change the formation..

Comments

• BYourLord
    Bump
  • pafiel
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im playing 4231. Started playing this yday and won 4 matches on legendary.
    But i dont think that formation will do it for you.
    If you are good or Lucky formation is not a problem
  • campbell
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • JGCramp
    1373 posts Professional
    pafiel wrote: »
    Im playing 4231. Started playing this yday and won 4 matches on legendary.
    But i dont think that formation will do it for you.
    If you are good or Lucky formation is not a problem

I've tried the 4231. It is solid defensively and reduces my goals conceded a little bit, but I can't generate any offense. I often lose 1-0 on legendary with this formation. In fairness, though, the CPU defense can get so oppressive with all the blocked shots, interceptions, and brutal tackles the ref lets go, I have trouble generating offense from every formation. Anyway, my point is that is you are even reasonably competent in attack I've found the 4231 might be a good choice because it will give you some stout defensive coverage.

I've also tried 41212-2. Slightly better attacking than the 4231 but also slightly worse defensive coverage. I like attacking through the middle but it is so darn tough to break down the CPU that way.

Also used 4321. I've easily had the most attacking success with this formation. You will score and get shots on goal. But defense can be a struggle. I regularly concede 2-3 using this formation on legendary.

In general, though, I agree with @pafiel . My results have been very similar regardless of formation. I end up usually going back to the 41212-2 because it's what I'm most comfortable using even though I still believe attacking the CPU through the middle is difficult. SB has gotten me to experiment with different formations I wouldn't usually use. Not with any success, but at least I've now used them.
  • BYourLord
    Thanks i'll give that 4321 a shot.. If I play in counter attack with this formation it shouldn't be hard to defend imo
  • Zv1k0
    5856 posts Big Money Move
    4231 is very good especially when they start to press you. Its so easy to create space for your wingers by baiting their full backs with your full backs.
  • pafiel
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try to set it to offensive and pressing
  • I spend a lot of time researching and testing that and based on experience from others and my own the best formation by far is 4-5-1 to use against AI. Before I still lost games on professional level against God squads but as soon as I changed to this formation I immediately beat the AI on world class and a few days later also on Legendary level. It did wonders for my squad battle results but also seems to work quite well against other players though I haven't figured out yet with what formation I go against other players.

It seems that dominating the midfield against AI is the key and with 5 on the midfield that's exactly what happens. Also this formation brings some repetitive patterns to score from, the most obvious and consistent is in the attacking 3rd bring the ball from one side of the field to the other by 3-4 passes, after the last pass the RWB will make a run in behind and can easily score with a driven shot in the far corner.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    3421, they dont know what to do against lots of wingers
  • Pxul_
    7681 posts League Winner
    3421, they dont know what to do against lots of wingers

• hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    campbell wrote: »

• Alex_cr
    4737 posts National Call-Up
    Listen to the people saying any 3 atb formations. They know.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another 3421 here, the AI can't cope with four wide players.
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    4312, just jog using full back and pass to st and 1-2
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    3-5-2 for sure, anything with wingers of advancing full backs