Neymar has a good chance at the Balon.

hospital dogs
2039 posts Fans' Favourite
Of all the top players, he has the best chance of scoring a ton of goals while winning his league, CL and the World Cup.

I know its an individual award and bla bla bla but trophies do factor in to this popularity contest.

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    11924 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe in 2-3 years, can’t see him winning this year, and who knows about next year
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    No. For goodness sake look at the stats. Messi & Ronaldo just miles ahead.
  • OZero
    6793 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    You mean 2018 right?
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol he won't even get in the starting 11.
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    Has he changed his name to Cristiano Ronaldo?
  • tilen11
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    Kove wrote: »

Or to Lionel Messi?
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    tilen11 wrote: »

Or to Lionel Messi?

You know I was timing how long that would take. ..
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Lol
  • tilen11
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »

Or to Lionel Messi?

You know I was timing how long that would take. ..

:D
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    When Ronaldo and Messi retire yeah he will
  • hospital dogs
    OZero wrote: »
    You mean 2018 right?

Yeah, after Brazil wins the World Cup and he is top scorer.
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    no chance not even in 10 years

he play in league 1
  • Aegyr
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Soly77 wrote: »
    no chance not even in 10 years

he play in league 1

The opposition in La Liga isn't that much better than ligue 1.

We shouldn't even take the Ballon D'or serious anymore, it is a popularity contest and the voters only take in mind what who has won. Ronaldo is probably going to win the ballon D'or but it will be very undeserved.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    People talk garbage on here. Messi and Ronaldo were once again close to a goal a game over 40-50 games. I think Messi was slightly over actually. They don’t even always play as the main striker. They are miles ahead of every other player right now and have been for 10 years. I think Messi scored 54 in 52 lst season and Ronaldo around 42 in 46. Mbappe got 14 and Neymar 20 (in 40). Let that sink in for a moment.
  • deamonshead2
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    my grandad can be top scorer in the french leauge
  • Deano2508
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    Messi’s year for me
  • Currieman
    5018 posts Big Money Move
    Aegyr wrote: »
    Ronaldo is probably going to win the ballon D'or but it will be very undeserved.

Sorry, what? How is it undeserved for Ronaldo?

When it comes to Ronaldo v Messi I choose Messi every time but even I can admit that Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D’or this year. Winning the CL is huge and Madrid won the league so I think Ronaldo fully deserves it. Yes, Messi scored more goals but it’s not like Ronaldo didn’t get tons himself, he was CL top scorer as well. Awful comment!

Anyway, back to the OP statement. I think he means Neymar will win it in 2018 and I think he has a chance.

If PSG win the league with him scoring loads then it helps.
    If PSG get far into the CL with him scoring loads then it helps. They could get to the final and lose maybe.
    If Brazil win the World Cup and he plays well throughout the tournament then yeah I could see him potentially winning it next year
  • Tornado31619
    21222 posts Club Captain
    Currieman wrote: »
    Ronaldo is probably going to win the ballon D'or but it will be very undeserved.

When it comes to Ronaldo v Messi I choose Messi every time but even I can admit that Ronaldo deserves the Ballon D’or this year. Winning the CL is huge and Madrid won the league so I think Ronaldo fully deserves it. Yes, Messi scored more goals but it’s not like Ronaldo didn’t get tons himself, he was CL top scorer as well. Awful comment!

Anyway, back to the OP statement. I think he means Neymar will win it in 2018 and I think he has a chance.

If PSG get far into the CL with him scoring loads then it helps. They could get to the final and lose maybe.
    If Brazil win the World Cup and he plays well throughout the tournament then yeah I could see him potentially winning it next year

Assuming Messi and Ronnie do **** all next year. And I don’t just mean them playing poor for their standards, I mean them actually disappearing like Özil or Hazard.

And the chances of that are slightly less than me becoming the first person to kill a dinosaur using a slingshot on Saturn’s fifth ring.
  • dolcecubana
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Assuming Messi and Ronnie do **** all next year. And I don’t just mean them playing poor for their standards, I mean them actually disappearing like Özil or Hazard.

And the chances of that are slightly less than me becoming the first person to kill a dinosaur using a slingshot on Saturn’s fifth ring.

Did you seriously put one of the best big game players in Hazard in the same sentence as Ozil? Hazard is one of the most consistent players out. Ozil is one of the biggest chokers out.
  • Tornado31619
    21222 posts Club Captain

Did you seriously put one of the best big game players in Hazard in the same sentence as Ozil? Hazard is one of the most consistent players out. Ozil is one of the biggest chokers out.

Hazard is miles better than Özil, but where was he vs. Utd? Arsenal? City?

Neither of the two are consistent, albeit Özil moreso than Hazard.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Nope. Tin pot league players generally don't win.

Ronaldos a lock
  • dolcecubana
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hazard is miles better than Özil, but where was he vs. Utd? Arsenal? City?

Neither of the two are consistent, albeit Özil moreso than Hazard.

Chelsea haven't played United yet this season as far as I'm aware. Could be wrong. He played 20 minutes against Arsenal coming back from an injury, and the whole Chelsea team played poorly against City this season.

He ripped apart Arsenal in the second game last season and City last year in both fixtures, giving Chelsea the lead in one of the fixtures. Scored a stunner against United, and was MOTM in their 4-0 win last season. Not to mention, I don't think he has had a bad game against the Spurs, ever.

Hazard is in a class of his own in the PL and a top 10 player in the world. Kane, KDB and Aguero are the only ones that can hold a candle to him.
  • holdenwait
    63706 posts Icon
    edited October 2017
    so you're talking about next year. this year %0 chance obviously enough. get back to me when he wins the CL with PSG and WC with Brazil next year, then it's his %100 in 2018.
  • Certified
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does anyone know if his otw card is a good investment?
  • hospital dogs

Yes this is what I'm talking about.

PSG with the way they are playing have a good shot at the CL
    They are a lock for Ligue1.
    And Brazil are the favourites for the WC.

Assuming Neymar is shows up in all three, I think he has a great shot over Ronaldo and Messi.

It's a popularity contest.