Is everyone really using PTB?

Cokehand
69 posts Park Captain
Since patch one i have started to lose pretty much every game. The release game i was winning most.

Each game now i just can't break down the opposition defence as they are all back defending and sitting on the 6 yard box while i try to get a chance by passing constantly outside the area.

If my attack breaks down, the other player breaks and races up the pitch with just my 3 or 4 defenders to beat and just sprints to goal.

I just need some tips please. I have my attack settings on balanced. I do try to break quickly but it makes no difference as the opposition team are all back and in place ready.

I play possession tactics.

Am i just playing the wrong tactics or playing too slowly.

This is the same in almost every game and i really can't believe that every person i'm playing is using PTB or ultra defence!

Just never had an issue like this in fifa 17 but its every game now.

FYI...i play seasons....i have never used 2nd man contain....i can defend manually as that is all i have ever done (although i don't use contain button, is it now something you need to do in fifa 18?)...was a div 1 and 2 player last year with a record of wins and loses that was about equal.

Any help would be great (although i purchased digitally so returning it to the shops or selling won't help)

Comments

• Pete1564
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same thing was happening to me! Sounds like you play like and have similar settings to me.
    Don’t think everyone plays PTB but most players seem to be, as much as possible, using their midfielders to control/defend.
    Anyway, after trying a few different things, that’s what I settled for, and it seems to work! Set defenders to stay back while attacking and where possible, control a midfielder. Sometimes, you’ll have to abandon that plan, but after a while you’ll get used to it and most of the time it will work.
    As for the attacking side, just be patient, try to drag them out of position and the gaps will appear. Good luck!
  • Pete1564
    Forgot to mention, if using above, don’t use contain!
  • Quick and efficient passing of the ball will help you open up an opponent’s defense
  • sty
    234 posts Sunday League Hero
    fifa 18 is same as 17 now, kids are happy, also lightning speed of the game is back, sad game......waste of money and time
  • Pete1564
    sty wrote: »
    fifa 18 is same as 17 now, kids are happy, also lightning speed of the game is back, sad game......waste of money and time

Agree entirely - they’ve ruined it and I pray for some kind of patch that improves it again, and changes the way the game is being played at the moment.

90% of the opponents I play in seasons are adopting the tactics the OP is describing. I don’t blame them - if you can’t beat them - join them!
    EA have the means to fix it if they want to ....