The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Squad battle question about rank

BiGFOOT_BiLL
67 posts Park Captain
edited October 2017
If I achieve Rank Gold 1 during the week can I keep it at that if I don't refresh the squads??

I have been on Gold 1 on and off for a while now.

Just finished this weekend on Gold 2 due to not being able to rack up enough points.
Since they've improved defence/goalkeepers it's pretty hard to get the needed points.

Winning 4-0 on Professional barely got me over 1000 points, I had to go for it on World class just now to get into Gold 1 and lost 3-0, which got me 200 points. :D

Getting the good packs in Squad Battles is going to be very difficult since these defensive changes.

Any advice on what I can do to maintain Gold 1 this season.

Comments

• richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Winning every game on professional will
    easily get gold 1. Best advice is take a chance on World Class when you get a team under 75. Worth the risk. Avoid world class if playing mid 80s ranked team.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    richo27 wrote: »
    Winning every game on professional will
    easily get gold 1. Best advice is take a chance on World Class when you get a team under 75. Worth the risk. Avoid world class if playing mid 80s ranked team.

Okay thanks man.

It seems a 3-0 win on professional is much more point then 6-0 on semi-pro so maybe that's the way forward.

I was under 1000 points away from Gold 1 this weekend which was the disappointing.
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    I am on elite 3... but only by 300 points... lol... so I feel your pain... I see my rank going away. I am not as good as most. World class is hard for me. Damn... even professional gives me a sweat. It fells like my players are slow and so all wrong sometimes
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I won a game 6-1 on professional tonight. Couldn’t believe it. Next game was sweating on a tight 1-0 and under horrendous pressure near the end. Also lost a World Class game on penalties after 1-1 and only got 300 or so points...
  • You seem like around my skill level. I play World Class against the easier teams that have bad chemistry, (gaining around 1500 points) and professional against every other team (gaining about 1000 points).
  • Idle
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    Legendary is far easier than world class just a heads up ;-)
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Other thing to try is moving down a notch or two. For instance here are two examples of what I have done in different groups.

-- Play 4 vs. Legendary (win 2-0 = 2000 points, lose 2-1 = 500 points, lose 3-1 = 400 points, lose 3-1 = 400 points)

That scenario gets me 3300 points...

-- Play 4 vs. Professional (win 3-0 = 1050 points, win 4-0 = 1100 points, win 5-0 = 1200 points, win 5-0 = 1200 points)

This scenario gets me 4550 points...

So in a nutshell if there is a level that you know you can consistently win by 3 to 5 goals it's most likely better to play all of your games at that level rather than pound your head against the wall on a level that you only get 1 or 2 wins at and every game is a struggle. If you got 1000 points per game on professional (about a 3-0 win each time) you would have 45,000 points this week and that would put you in Elite 3 and only about 3-4,000 points below Elite 2.

Just have to be smart about it and play to your potential and not push too far ahead.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Other thing to try is moving down a notch or two. For instance here are two examples of what I have done in different groups.

-- Play 4 vs. Legendary (win 2-0 = 2000 points, lose 2-1 = 500 points, lose 3-1 = 400 points, lose 3-1 = 400 points)

That scenario gets me 3300 points...

-- Play 4 vs. Professional (win 3-0 = 1050 points, win 4-0 = 1100 points, win 5-0 = 1200 points, win 5-0 = 1200 points)

This scenario gets me 4550 points...

So in a nutshell if there is a level that you know you can consistently win by 3 to 5 goals it's most likely better to play all of your games at that level rather than pound your head against the wall on a level that you only get 1 or 2 wins at and every game is a struggle. If you got 1000 points per game on professional (about a 3-0 win each time) you would have 45,000 points this week and that would put you in Elite 3 and only about 3-4,000 points below Elite 2.

Just have to be smart about it and play to your potential and not push too far ahead.

I was doing Semi-Pro after they improved the goalkeepers but I reckon what you pointed out here makes sense.

I may do a combination of Pro & Semi-Pro next week and see where I finish.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I am waffling right now with how I play.

Contemplating doing 1 on Legendary only if team if below 80 and less than 100 chem - otherwise everything else on Professional. Much less stress that way also for me.
  • The difficulties in SB are weird, they are different to actual gameplay. I can always win on Ultimate but when it comes to Squad Battles I have to play it on World Class, and I do lose to it occasionally
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    The difficulties in SB are weird, they are different to actual gameplay. I can always win on Ultimate but when it comes to Squad Battles I have to play it on World Class, and I do lose to it occasionally

Depends on where you play Ultimate at, but in SB you're against other player's setups and they get the stats boost from Chemistry links which plays a big part. Add that to the various types of Chemistry styles and Player instructions it's way tougher to play against SB than just a pure AI team.

Also on Ultimate in SB all the players from your opponent gets a massive stats boost, you're essentially playing against a full team of players with maxed out stats, even your best players won't be able to beat anyone for pace or strength.