The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Skill gap

Gromit
4108 posts National Call-Up
Every thread, skill gap this, skill gap that.

If you're all so skilled why are all your teams filled with the same generic pace ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

If you like the challenge so much use the slow players.

Comments

• Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People how go on about the skill gap use the best players in the game , not the fastest
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    If you have skill you don't need the best players, nor the fastest.

I use cazorla at cam and giroud at striker. Not fast, not the best. I do OK.
  • Gromit
    4108 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017

Exactly

All these muggles bitching about the patch. If you could defend well without the AI you should be nigh unbeatable with it. In short they're bitching because EASY goals are gone not well worked goals with SKILL just plain old run through defences, long balls, through balls spam.
  • superromanian25
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gromit wrote: »

Exactly

All these muggles bitching about the patch. If you could defend well without the AI you should be nigh unbeatable with it. In short they're bitching because EASY goals are gone not well worked goals with SKILL just plain old run through defences, long balls, through balls spam.

No. They have an issue with it because the computer defends better than any manual defender. Manual defending makes the SKILL gap evident. Before the patch the player that played better throughout the match won 95% of the time. After the patch its much more of a toss up.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1185 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »

Exactly

Yeah but what about auto interceptions, blocks, tackles are alot more frequent all of these should only happen within the box not all over the fing pitch thats my problem with it plus alot of people don't want this, with a bit of time people would have got the hang of defending if only people stopped crying and adapted! Defending wasn't even that hard i had plenty of low scoring games.

I use many different players i have mandzukic up top in my team its not all about pace for me and unlike some i like to play properly and i dont abuse all these things you mention through balls actually annoy me more than anything because they cause so many unnecessary bs moments in defence even though it shouldn't happen especially through the middle of centre backs.

People pre patch were defending horribly moving players out of position all the time doing one twos all over the pitch making it 10x easier to counter even with slow players

Goalkeepers i dont have a problem with im kind of glad they got improved but they still need to sort them out on pens they're horrible
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class

I use cazorla at cam and giroud at striker. Not fast, not the best. I do OK.

No experience with Giroud but Cazorla is fantastic.