Passing too fast?

Nana_bitty
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
Does anyone else think the passing is too fast in this game?
After playing 20 weekend league games I've been struggling to get anywhere near the receiver of a pass before they have released the ball to another player. It's as if the switching isn't quick enough or the pass is too quick.
Struggling to block a passing lane even though I know what my opponent is going to do.
Please don't turn this into a pre patch or post patch argument I just want some opinions

Comments

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    Everything is too fast. Passing, sprinting. Just not realistic - and quite frankly hard to use as you get older. The game is ageist....
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everything is too fast. Passing, sprinting. Just not realistic - and quite frankly hard to use as you get older. The game is ageist....

even when I think I've positioned myself correctly for intercepting the ball just goes right past my player. It's box to box passing with last ditch tackles
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    I think the passing is too fast and too accurate. Mostly too accurate.

Yes it's odd you can read the pass completely and still not pick it up.
  • RadioShaq
    15101 posts Moderator
    It's probably because you are getting hit on the counter. When your defense has time to set up you can get a man inside the ping png triangle of cam striker striker.

But obviously offense is to easy and should be manual. After the indicator patch people don't even want defense manual so forget about a nerf to offense.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    But obviously offense is to easy and should be manual.

Spot on!

This is sooo true!
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's probably because you are getting hit on the counter. When your defense has time to set up you can get a man inside the ping png triangle of cam striker striker.

But obviously offense is to easy and should be manual. After the indicator patch people don't even want defense manual so forget about a nerf to offense.

No it's not just on the counter, it's every time the opponent attacks. Since the patch it's as if the ai is the only one who intercepts when I would rather do it for myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about this patch argument, I just want a balanced game.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Everything is too fast.

The passing, shooting, sprinting, tempo of the game and so on.

I'm scoring like 7-8 a game even when I lose I score 4-5. Everything is so frantic and catered to arcade style play.

Slower play would be so much nicer.

• Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Aspral wrote: »
    Everything is too fast.

I'm scoring like 7-8 a game even when I lose I score 4-5. Everything is so frantic and catered to arcade style play.

I just don't see any skill in this game. It feels like x passing until you can through ball or dribble past slow defenders
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Nana_bitty wrote: »
    Everything is too fast.

I just don't see any skill in this game. It feels like x passing until you can through ball or dribble past slow defenders

I've played PES and Fifa.

The big difference in terms of skill is when I lose on PES very rarely is it because of bad mechanics or something. 9/10 they're just better.

On Fifa 9/10 games you're just sat wondering how half of the physics defying things have happened in the game.

If they change it to being more skill based and slower then the kids complain. If they do this then everyone else complains.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    Everything is too fast.

I'd REALLY like to hear your opinion on this post @JayBee @Kman @OZero @princeapalia
    Because that was EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said "arcade" vs. "simulation".

What do you guys prefer?
  • JayBee
    1023 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    Everything is too fast.

I'd REALLY like to hear your opinion on this post @JayBee @Kman @OZero @princeapalia
    Because that was EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said "arcade" vs. "simulation".

What do you guys prefer?

I do agree with op that passing can be to fast/assisted shouldn't be doing 180 no look pass's but pre patch was a fun free flowing passing game. I also intercepted a lot more manually pre patch but now the Ai seem to do a better job then me cheers ea.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Nana_bitty

You know what? Try play a match with, let's say Swansea, in the Online Seasons mode.

The gameplay feels completely different to FUT.
    It feels much more SLOW and fluid with physics you've never seen before! Inertia and momentum of every movement you do feels sooo freaking realistic it's unreal!

Totally different game even tho it's still online.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2017
    Everything is too fast.

What do you guys prefer?

TBH I wouldn't want it too slow but as it stands I think it's way too fast. Players with bad passing stats make good passes 9/10 times. At least give players the tools to defend against it
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Nana_bitty

No mate, it's not like "SLOW" as PES-slow. It's much more realistic and fluid - it's like animations are not showed in FUT but it is in Online Seasons mode.

Like if you catch the ball at the tip of the backline and your player does this "out of balance" movement! It just looks sooo much better than in FUT.

That's what makes FIFA enjoyable to me. To see real life physics very well simulated.

And then comes this ping-pong-180-degrees-no-look-passing in FUT.

I'm gutted some people thinks that's cool. What a mess...
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Nana_bitty

No mate, it's not like "SLOW" as PES-slow. It's much more realistic and fluid - it's like animations are not showed in FUT but it is in Online Seasons mode.

Like if you catch the ball at the tip of the backline and your player does this "out of balance" movement! It just looks sooo much better than in FUT.

That's what makes FIFA enjoyable to me. To see real life physics very well simulated.

And then comes this ping-pong-180-degrees-no-look-passing in FUT.

I'm gutted some people thinks that's cool. What a mess...

I know what you mean but I only play FIFA for fut and only dabble with online coop seasons now and then.
  • OZero
    5192 posts Big Money Move
    Everything is too fast.

What do you guys prefer?

You know what? I feel like an idiot, repeating my stand again and again which seems like you never listen. I said I don't care about nerfing attacking, make it slower, no more pace abuse, no assistance, whatever, I don't mind and I don't care, because as long as defense is manual then the skill gap will become most apparent and it's fine.

The problem however is on your side. You said online season feels so much more realistic. Do you know why? Different engine? No. Different players? No. Chemistry? Yes. All star team? Yes. You go to Futbin and check out chemistry buff yourself. You may also try to use Real Madrid vs Barcelona in online season and observe the pace.

I honestly think asking "FUT" to be realistic is kinda stupid. The chemistry itself is already the most unrealistic element.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    OZero wrote: »
    Everything is too fast.

What do you guys prefer?

You know what? I feel like an idiot, repeating my stand again and again which seems like you never listen. I said I don't care about nerfing attacking, make it slower, no more pace abuse, no assistance, whatever, I don't mind and I don't care, because as long as defense is manual then the skill gap will become most apparent and it's fine.

The problem however is on your side. You said online season feels so much more realistic. Do you know why? Different engine? No. Different players? No. Chemistry? Yes. All star team? Yes. You go to Futbin and check out chemistry buff yourself. You may also try to use Real Madrid vs Barcelona in online season and observe the pace.

I honestly think asking "FUT" to be realistic is kinda stupid. The chemistry itself is already the most unrealistic element.

I would like to see a complete overhaul of chemistry. Get rid of chem cards and have a system that allows the user to have a wider choice of players that can be used.
    Maybe a system that allows players from any league but start with a low chem, once they have played in ten games the chem is at max. Obviously if someone plays a player out of position the max chem he could get would be lower. There are players from weaker leagues that rarely get used and that's down to chem. it's a broken system that can be abused
  • Robmu22
    1346 posts Professional
    Everything is too fast.

What do you guys prefer?

The +15 attributes on some chemistry styles definitely contributes to the fast arcade style.

After the patch I'm now in the same predicament i was on fifa 17, I'd rather intercept and defend myself but it's more prudent to let the ai do it all for me!
  • Dronegan
    1091 posts Professional
    Everything is too fast exept player switching and defenders turning
  • AaronMFC
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Nana_bitty

You know what? Try play a match with, let's say Swansea, in the Online Seasons mode.

The gameplay feels completely different to FUT.
    It feels much more SLOW and fluid with physics you've never seen before! Inertia and momentum of every movement you do feels sooo freaking realistic it's unreal!

Totally different game even tho it's still online.

spot on its the same every year h2h seasons has better gameplay but once the trophies are won i feel no need to play it whereas ut has worse gameplay but more reasons to play long term no idea why the online gameplay is different for different modes but it is.
  • MasterRoshi89
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Just like how you can read the opponents driven pass but still can't do anything about it. But no one seems to moan about this. I actually could get the ball. Your reactions might be very slow in this regard.
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero

Just like how you can read the opponents driven pass but still can't do anything about it. But no one seems to moan about this. I actually could get the ball. Your reactions might be very slow in this regard.

I use manual switching and I still find it too slow
  • MasterRoshi89
    edited October 2017

No it's not just on the counter, it's every time the opponent attacks. Since the patch it's as if the ai is the only one who intercepts when I would rather do it for myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about this patch argument, I just want a balanced game.

I still can intercept. You are used to be able getting between the lines easy but even in real football if your opponent makes safe passes you wan't get near the ball on your own, until your coplayers help in the pressing too. And this is why most of the time the AI gets the ball for you. What is wrong about that? Why is no one of you guys moaning about how dificult it is to get the ball from the feets of your opponent while he is dribbling and running through your defence with Neymar, Lukaku and Ibrahimovic.

Especially Benja is one of the biggest hypocrites I have come across on this board. Always sounds calm and pretends he cares about the game but all he cares are changing game mechanics that he isn't good enough in.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Passing is too fast and too accurate it's ridiculous they always ruin the game with the first patch year on year
  • Robmu22
    1346 posts Professional
    Everything is too fast.

What do you guys prefer?

I would like to see a complete overhaul of chemistry. Get rid of chem cards and have a system that allows the user to have a wider choice of players that can be used.
    Maybe a system that allows players from any league but start with a low chem, once they have played in ten games the chem is at max. Obviously if someone plays a player out of position the max chem he could get would be lower. There are players from weaker leagues that rarely get used and that's down to chem. it's a broken system that can be abused

Many have voiced the opinion of no attribute increases, but rather a reduction of stats if a player doesn't have full chemistry.

I'm all for this.
  • MasterRoshi89
    edited October 2017

I use manual switching and I still find it too slow

the whole gameplay post patch is madness but some kiddies don't understand. Post patch everything got allot quicker. Pre patch you needed to hold the ball sometimes a little until your own players opened up gaps. Now you are an idiot for holding the ball. Pre patch you didn't had to fear blind driven balls from your opponents half, now you have again.

moaning kiddies fu..ed this game. I want back how it was before, fluent gameplay. And I don't even see much difference in the goalkeepers now when it comes to longshots. The goalkeepers seem to be in god mode in 1v1 situations but still let shots from far distance in.
  • MasterRoshi89
    Just why did EA do this? completely overthrowing a gameplay and mechanics they worked on a whole year, just because of a few brats. release FIFA 18 wasn't perfect, but it was FAR superior to post patch in 90% of the mechanics.
  • Nathlee123
    461 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I really don’t like chem cards, I feel it’s ridiculous. Some of the boosts they apparently give just add to the farcical situations you find yourself in against “average” cards.
    I’d like a way to be able to play people that usually don’t have chem together. I’d love to experiment with different teams instead of using players I don’t really want in hybrids to gain the chem.
    I’d like to feel that the elite cards are elite. We all know martial, bailly, rashford are as good as or not much worse than there 88+ counterparts.

I love fut, I really do. I just think it’s losing it’s identity and becoming a game I really don’t care too much about. I miss playing in a game that’s close against a skilled player and being pleased I beat him or accepting he’s beaten me because he’s just so much better. Some people are absolutely phenomenal at this game (not me) and It’s insane to see them beaten by people hammering ping pong passing and pace abuse.
  • RadioShaq
    15101 posts Moderator
    To be fair chem levels the field because stats cap at 99. Could you imagine the complaints if you alienated casual players even more. People would go on and on about how it's pay to win and ea is after the fp.
  • Nathlee123
    461 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To be fair chem levels the field because stats cap at 99. Could you imagine the complaints if you alienated casual players even more. People would go on and on about how it's pay to win and ea is after the fp.

Very very True, but this makes it unfair both ways. Don’t spend - Hawk makes josh king like aubameyang.
    Do spend - waste of money on aubameyang when you can have josh king with a hawk.
    Micro transactions ruins games for me. Fifa is the worst example. I know it won’t change but I’d love no packs in game. Totally off topic I know and never going to happen.