The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

This is how you make fifa better... even... balanced

blue9
935 posts Professional
Make defending hard? OK well make attacking hard also... And make keepers very strong... Then that's how to make fifa better... Alot more enjoyable winning... Simple

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    5673 posts Big Money Move
    How do you make attacking hard?
  • blue9
    935 posts Professional
    No shot assist no cross assist etc.... It's cryers want defending back to manual or harder then make attacking manual or harder.. Simple
  • blue9
    935 posts Professional
    @ea_andy @EA_Aidan if your gonna make defending awful and manual then let's hope you make attacking manual no assist on shots passing or crossing
    .... That's how to make it even balanced and Fair for everyone... Not the cryers who wanna take advantage of the poor game bugs
  • Kman
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    blue9 wrote: »
    @ea_andy @EA_Aidan if your gonna make defending awful and manual then let's hope you make attacking manual no assist on shots passing or crossing
    .... That's how to make it even balanced and Fair for everyone... Not the cryers who wanna take advantage of the poor game bugs

Ah, now I see why you love the patch...haha you moron

• Ball man
    415 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There is no way EA can go with manual shooting. I have played manual online games and it's difficult to score goals, and only the competitive player would care for this way of playing., the casual player would be turned off by it.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017
    its much more than just a patch tho. The current mechanics are there to "assist" enough players into being competitive.

This is one example, but there are many more. Empty CM formations and the mechanics allow player to hit single laser like driven balls they the middle of the field to strikers. Especially if your opponent actually tries to play a passing game. Think how stupid that is. You get punished for trying to play what looks like real football. Because one pass and its 3vs2 vs formations like 4321. You dont benefit from the extra men thru patiently working the ball forward because close range shots are often saved by miracle keeper.

Long range on the other hand....

So in my example the guy who sits back, by passes midfield ( thru assisted passing) then never really has to breach your defence because he stands as good a chance as you do by scoring long shots (thru assisted shooting and poor gks vs long shots)

On the defending side, the BS implementation of offside negates real counter attacks that you create by interceptions by bringing you back for crappy deep freekicks that are mostly 50/50 to keep possession. Same with the poor advantage rule implementation

Bottom line is the flaws in this game create the paying styles we see. Its why it gets boring. A largely MANUAL game where two people just play, creates far more drama than all this contrived nonsense like offside goals, stupid pens and ridiculous long shots from players with poor shooting.

Problem is the game is not for people who want that. Its for kids who are going to spend spend spend and they want to buy it, play it and immediately be competitive.
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    Xtc wrote: »

Problem is the game is not for people who want that. Is for kids who are going to spend spend spend and they want to by it, play it and immediately be competitive.

This is a big issue we have in general. Kids expect to win, and expect to be competitive... They don't want to actually learn and improve, they expect to spend and win.

This is why Fifa make it heavily assisted so its a easy 'pick up and play'
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional

You can't defend pre patch so your happy. Says it's all your a below average player. And I'll show you that tomorrow.
  • blue9
    935 posts Professional
    Ball man wrote: »
    There is no way EA can go with manual shooting. I have played manual online games and it's difficult to score goals, and only the competitive player would care for this way of playing., the casual player would be turned off by it.

Well we can't have manual defending then
  • Alltair_Snake
    59 posts Park Captain
    I think the blind passes and driven passes deserve a nerf. PRetty much everthing else should get back to pre-patch. Keepers should probably get back half the way.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Ball man wrote: »

Well we can't have manual defending then

Yes because you can just hold one button and the game attacks for you....this is literally the dumbest point people bring up
  • MasterRoshi89
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    Make defending hard? OK well make attacking hard also... And make keepers very strong... Then that's how to make fifa better... Alot more enjoyable winning... Simple

man just cut it already, the game is pacer friendly paradise currently. No reason to even use technical players if all the opponent needs is pace.
  • MasterRoshi89
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    Xtc wrote: »
    its much more than just a patch tho. The current mechanics are there to "assist" enough players into being competitive.

This is one example, but there are many more. Empty CM formations and the mechanics allow player to hit single laser like driven balls they the middle of the field to strikers. Especially if your opponent actually tries to play a passing game. Think how stupid that is. You get punished for trying to play what looks like real football. Because one pass and its 3vs2 vs formations like 4321. You dont benefit from the extra men thru patiently working the ball forward because close range shots are often saved by miracle keeper.

Long range on the other hand....

So in my example the guy who sits back, by passes midfield ( thru assisted passing) then never really has to breach your defence because he stands as good a chance as you do by scoring long shots (thru assisted shooting and poor gks vs long shots)

On the defending side, the BS implementation of offside negates real counter attacks that you create by interceptions by bringing you back for crappy deep freekicks that are mostly 50/50 to keep possession. Same with the poor advantage rule implementation

Bottom line is the flaws in this game create the paying styles we see. Its why it gets boring. A largely MANUAL game where two people just play, creates far more drama than all this contrived nonsense like offside goals, stupid pens and ridiculous long shots from players with poor shooting.

Problem is the game is not for people who want that. Its for kids who are going to spend spend spend and they want to buy it, play it and immediately be competitive.

This^ I just had 10 freakn 1v1 situations with the opponents goalkeeper. He had turned into god mode. The opponent had 5 **** shots outside the box and 3 went in. Game ended 1:3.

I thought the patch was supposed to nerf down the longshots. In reality long shots (especially finess shots) are as dangerous as before, especially with Neymar and Ronaldo. While 1v1 situations have become 20% rate of success.
  • Benja190782
    1467 posts Play-Off Hero

That's exactly what I've been yelling about since FIFA 18 was released. Balanced gameplay!

But I don't think @JayBee @Kman @princeapalia @OZero and many others can handle that kind of a challenge really. They all love arcadey gameplay as they are casuals and just wanna pick up the game, smash in 8 or 9 goals and feel good about that. It's realistic and fun to them, so making attacking fully manual as defending was would ruin the gameplay to them.

Sorry guys but it's the truth and I know it hurts but we all wanna make the game better.
    And that is NOT done by thousands of "bring back FIFA 18" threads.

We need to take it a step further - full manual controls like OP said!

Play beautiful. ;)
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional

That's exactly what I've been yelling about since FIFA 18 was released. Balanced gameplay!

But I don't think @JayBee @Kman @princeapalia @OZero and many others can handle that kind of a challenge really. They all love arcadey gameplay as they are casuals and just wanna pick up the game, smash in 8 or 9 goals and feel good about that. It's realistic and fun to them, so making attacking fully manual as defending was would ruin the gameplay to them.

Sorry guys but it's the truth and I know it hurts but we all wanna make the game better.

Play beautiful. ;)

If your a below average player you won't understand mate unfortunately.

pre patch I was winning post patch im still winning the only difference is the Ai is helping my opponent stay In game for longer.
    Their was nothing wrong with pre patch defending you just had make the blocks/interceptions/ tackles on your own but it was rewarding, it also increased the skill gap because people abusing PTB Counter attack were punished and I mean punished sometimes 10-0.
    This was extremely fun for me but obviously the kids who couldn't defend needed their 17 patch back for that extra help.
    I miss 18 it was fun and fresh but I've accepted it now that theirs to many casual players that they need to dumb the game down for them.
  • Kman
    3041 posts National Call-Up

Play beautiful. ;)

I’m a FUT founder mate...for once in your life, shut up.

• ValtorSadek
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JayBee wrote: »

Play beautiful. ;)

I miss 18 it was fun and fresh but I've accepted it now that theirs to many casual players that they need to dumb the game down for them.

So you also play full manual mate?
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional
    Kman wrote: »

Play beautiful. ;)

I’m a FUT founder mate...for once in your life, shut up.

Same bro that's why we could see what a great Fifa if was pre patch.
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional
    edited October 2017

Play beautiful. ;)

So you also play full manual mate?

I can play full Manuel if you fancy a game? Obviously I don't in fut champs cause that would put me at a disadvantage haha @ValtorSadek
  • Was just wondering if any of u got the Cristiano Ronaldo one with the 20 jumbo pack and how many of u have got and if the packs
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Have in mind, full manual also means no Jockey, no 2nd man pressure - I'd enjoy that, because i don't use that.

I vouch for full manual, as that's literally how i already play.
  • OZero
    6009 posts Big Money Move
    I hope I am one of the casuals. FUT founder, uncountable D1 champ, monthly elite... i mean, I really hope I am casuals so I don't need to read this ****.

Jesus **** Christ. It is sad that EA make such patch. It is devastating that someone people speak such kinda **** and they really need to have a hard look on himself.

You keep on typing **** like no attacking assistance cause it makes the game Arcady. I don't **** care. I am pretty sure if there is no AI defense bailing people like you even I use total manual offence I can crush you a million times, because that's the skill I accumulated for nearly 10 years. That's the gap. The skill gap. When there is no AI assistance the skill gap will become most apparent, no matter it is 2:0, 4:0, or even 12:0. What the player ultimately want is their skill got rewarded a win and not affected by AI or EAIDS. And, what the losers want is exactly the opposite: I dont want to lose so please there is something to bail me out, no matter what it is.

I have explained a million times that i hate AI defense most and it is also a core reason for PTB abuse. And you ignored. You even claimed the opposite way that I am the casual that want AI assistance.

I politely ask you to shut.the.****.up. @Benja190782
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional
    OZero wrote: »
    I hope I am one of the casuals. FUT founder, uncountable D1 champ, monthly elite... i mean, I really hope I am casuals so I don't need to read this ****.

Jesus **** Christ. It is sad that EA make such patch. It is devastating that someone people speak such kinda **** and they really need to have a hard look on himself.

You keep on typing **** like no attacking assistance cause it makes the game Arcady. I don't **** care. I am pretty sure if there is no AI defense bailing people like you even I use total manual offence I can crush you a million times, because that's the skill I accumulated for nearly 10 years. That's the gap. The skill gap. When there is no AI assistance the skill gap will become most apparent, no matter it is 2:0, 4:0, or even 12:0. What the player ultimately want is their skill got rewarded a win and not affected by AI or EAIDS. And, what the losers want is exactly the opposite: I dont want to lose so please there is something to bail me out, no matter what it is.

I have explained a million times that i hate AI defense most and it is also a core reason for PTB abuse. And you ignored. You even claimed the opposite way that I am the casual that want AI assistance.

This. The proper Fifa fans that's have played since the very first fut where you had pay for it off the store understand.
    The patch is for the casuals who just want to be able to pick up the pad and not get smashed cause they don't learn the name defending mechanics.
  • Lukaku9
    414 posts Sunday League Hero

This. The proper Fifa fans that's have played since the very first fut where you had pay for it off the store understand.
    The patch is for the casuals who just want to be able to pick up the pad and not get smashed cause they don't learn the name defending mechanics.

Do you ever stop. Some of us have been playing since the very first fifa in the 90s it does not give us any more rights to moan over somebody playing fifa for the first time. We have another patch soon so why not stop crying till after that and ruining every thread.

Theres a good boy.
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    Lukaku9 wrote: »

Do you ever stop. Some of us have been playing since the very first fifa in the 90s it does not give us any more rights to moan over somebody playing fifa for the first time. We have another patch soon so why not stop crying till after that and ruining every thread.

Theres a good boy.
    I am tbh with you no point is there.
    Just had some passion in me because I really enjoyed 18 and it infuriates me that we've now got another year of 17 but no worries pal you keep playing your squad battles on amateur get yourself those mega packs lad LOL
  • Lukaku9

Theres a good boy.
    Just had some passion in me because I really enjoyed 18 and it infuriates me that we've now got another year of 17 but no worries pal you keep playing your squad battles on amateur get yourself those mega packs lad LOL

Ok little boy. Go get your dummy back in now.
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional

Theres a good boy.

Ok little boy. Go get your dummy back in now.

It's back in. How you been getting on in champs you still struggling to make gold 1? Get good.
  • OZero
    6009 posts Big Money Move

Theres a good boy.

How about you tell Benja to shut the **** up first? He started this, even tagged us, and you ask us to shut up instead?
  • JayBee
    1080 posts Professional

Theres a good boy.

How about you tell Benja to shut the **** up first? He started this, even tagged us, and you ask us to shut up instead?

Mad init I got tagged. And he calls me out. Just fk off and go spend some time with your son.
  • Lukaku9

Theres a good boy.

I was only on about jay not you.