Fifa 18, worst one yet

Gavlaaaarrr
112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Loved fifa for years, I think im a decent player, i'm gold 1 now with 11 games left but does anyone else just think its to easy to score? every game i play is 8 plus goals, I'm a decent defender but the defenders just turn far to slow compared to attackers, you can score from kickoff every single time. Please say people have noticed the passing in the box ? nobody shoots anymore from one v one, its get in the box, pass in the box repeat. I mean i know most people on here are EA fan boys but come on its terrible, the gameplay is brilliant as well on this just need some major tweaks, it might that just most people are sweat but its not enjoyable, i cant even be bothered to finish me games cause its not fun anymore.

aye rant over

Comments

• Dap2010
    87 posts Park Captain
    i feel you. people have defended the game on here saying its possible to defend and blah blah but at the end of the day - i highly doubt theres a single player who doesnt feel stressed after playing this game. i did a little experiment today .....i played a first game of fut 18 - and noted my stress level after the game (i think i won it, anyway cant remember). i then played fut 17 and noted my stress level after the game. I definitely found fut 18 more stressful. fut 17 i could relax a bit playing creatively, doing skill moves......but with fut 18 - there is a lot of stress because one false movement and the guy is scoring against you.....you have to keep that up for 12 minutes real time (6 minute halves) and its just more stress than fun.

as you said its just passing in the box and the only way to try and defend is to be a robot and let your AI take control of your back 4 and manually run back with a player. if you want to take control of the defender whilst the attacker is coming at you you cant. because he can see who you're controlling and he'l just pass around you. for all the "manual" defending, because of the ridiculously bad attacking, you have to actually let AI do your defending in the end.

the fun of pinging a through ball over the top is gone pretty much. and probably the worst current feature is the fact that every 25 yard shot flies into the top corner.

so even if you're stressing out making sure you dont make a mistake when you're defending, your opponent can just smash one in just like that from 25 yards. it really is cheap. its like a COD game. backward and robotic. rather than deal with this just play fut 17.
  • This game is horrific, it feels like it has gone back 5 years when playing FUT. I'm trying to play with skillful players but keep loosing. So I just made up a speed abuse team and now can't be touched, feels like the old days when every premier league team had an Agbonlahor in it. PIng-Pong passing that just by passes defenders every time.

Defenders react slower than forwards so that any loose balls in the box always seem to fall to an attacker for a tap in. AI defenders run towards the ball leaving players in the open to receive through balls. In days gone by if you passed quick enough you would always make room for a speed abuse forward to get in behind, it felt that
    FIFA17 had gotten rid of that to some extent, but now it is back in FIFA18.

In FUT It feels like I am forced into buying certain players and playing them in a certain formation so I can pass the hell out of the ball and make room for a through pass, that is far too easy to do. Overall I am getting no satisfaction from playing this new version of my favorite game that I have been playing since the original FIFA on the MEGA DRIVE.

The best example of a player that is now useless compared to 17 is Firmino. Not the fastest but was strong and skillful, in 18 I'm scoring some amazing long shots with him, but don't play him as I'm better off using a 90+ speed striker.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes. I was a good. Manual defender in 17 and took pride in my defence. But now I am just horrific in defending. It's almost impossible to 1v1 against auba or any of the fast defenders and when I double up. Gaps are wide open. Ea. 17 was not bad defensively. I played great games which were fun and close 1-2 or 3-2 not its 5 goals for each player or 10 goals most times. They made it easy for ppl to play and I'm not adjusting well and don't think I will. Going to play the division game now thnx
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have to agree with you guys. I feel stressed after playing this game because I just cannot defend. Passing is far too quick and takes out all of your defence. Defenders too slow and switching is horrific. Also the tackle radius is way too large, you somehow get tackled when there is no way your opponent should be able to reach you.
  • Dap2010
    87 posts Park Captain
    MadAdey wrote: »
    This game is horrific, it feels like it has gone back 5 years when playing FUT. I'm trying to play with skillful players but keep loosing. So I just made up a speed abuse team and now can't be touched, feels like the old days when every premier league team had an Agbonlahor in it. PIng-Pong passing that just by passes defenders every time.

Defenders react slower than forwards so that any loose balls in the box always seem to fall to an attacker for a tap in. AI defenders run towards the ball leaving players in the open to receive through balls. In days gone by if you passed quick enough you would always make room for a speed abuse forward to get in behind, it felt that
    FIFA17 had gotten rid of that to some extent, but now it is back in FIFA18.

In FUT It feels like I am forced into buying certain players and playing them in a certain formation so I can pass the hell out of the ball and make room for a through pass, that is far too easy to do. Overall I am getting no satisfaction from playing this new version of my favorite game that I have been playing since the original FIFA on the MEGA DRIVE.

The best example of a player that is now useless compared to 17 is Firmino. Not the fastest but was strong and skillful, in 18 I'm scoring some amazing long shots with him, but don't play him as I'm better off using a 90+ speed striker.

well said. completely feel you on this. like you said fifa 17 had got rid of this - it wasnt in 15, but it made its appearance in 16 and i very soon after quit 16 and went back to 15 because its not fun. its just zig zag passing until you sprint with a player. and if you dont sprint with a player, zig zag pass into the box and suddenly pass shoot goal.

you'd rather have kouyate, roque mesa in your team than david silva, wilshere. King and Gray are more effective up front than welbeck and hernandez. thats a problem with the game I'm sorry.

No matter how tempting FUT rewards are, at the end of the day - even when you get better players I'm sure the same problems will remain.
  • FAL
    198 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game is the worst. I have a solid 83 overall team made of Italian and Serie A players. But I get slapped by every lower rated team that has 90+ pace attacker’s even though my defenders are all in the high 80s. So sick of this garbage game. I had no problem staying in division 1 last year. Now I can’t even get out of division 6.
  • Chris0385
    57 posts Park Captain
    Honestly guys. This is one of the most idiotic games I’ve played. I keep coming back to it because I LOVE FOOTBALL but my heart gets continually broken every time I play. Time to stop
  • tzinc
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    it was actually one of the best FIFA in a long time BEFORE THE FIRST PATCH and it only got worse with EVERY PATCH and now it is one of the worst ever
  • GEEMAN04
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    tzinc wrote: »
    it was actually one of the best FIFA in a long time BEFORE THE FIRST PATCH and it only got worse with EVERY PATCH and now it is one of the worst ever

100% this
  • DJM99
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was playing squad battles the other day and was up 1-0 then 1-1 I thought okay I'll come back. Within 5 in game mins I was down 3-1 from being 1-0 up. The game is awful! Instead of using skilful strikers with good finishing such as Giroud, Morata etc I tried Rashford ad Vardy upfront and I thrashed people due to pace
  • I really just am not excited about playing now. I had a lot of fun at first, but my players don't even feel connected to my controller after the last patch. I have shots and passes go off on a 45 degree angle from where it shows on replay that I was aiming. Tonight I had players running a different direction than I was telling them to. I actually had to check to make sure my controller was on.
  • FUEA
    3 posts Ball Boy
    This garbage game is completely broken right now...they changed nothing in FUT champs since last year and took my money. Same lags and input delay in online matches. Its all about luck..weekendfknglottery league. They changed nothing in career manager mode as well. Not buying this piece of **** anymore. FU EA!!!