One step forward Two steps back! RIP 18 We already miss you.

JayBee
1021 posts Professional
edited October 2017
http://www.strawpoll.me/14092123

If you havn't voted give it a bash.

The community seem to prefer pre patch.

Update - 66% pre patch - 15% post patch
Over 1500 votes.
Post edited by JayBee on

Comments

• JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    65% prefer pre patch - 14% post patch
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    Anyone else bored of 17.2 contain fest?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    JayBee wrote: »

Nope and a poll isn't going to change anything, just like these tear filled threads won't change a thing.

People can't post like adults and discuss their issues without calling another user out.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional

Nope and a poll isn't going to change anything, just like these tear filled threads won't change a thing.

People can't post like adults and discuss their issues without calling another user out.
    Marty you won't see me again if it gets changed back, you can have the forums back but people enjoyed Fifa 18 so why have we took a step backwards mate? Surely you agree?
  • JayBee wrote: »

God forbid people discussing something they're passionate about. They are "tear filled" because its an embarrassment what this patch has done to the game.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    FrostyO4 wrote: »

God forbid people discussing something they're passionate about. They are "tear filled" because its an embarrassment what this patch has done to the game.
    They can say what they want bro, I just want the game back and I won't bother anyone again. I was enjoying the new Fifa a lot for them just to ruin it within a week.
  • gh0ul
    65 posts Park Captain
    Why do you guys prefer it before the patch? Honest question.

Personally I thought the fact that every game had 8-16 goals in it made it too unrealistic.

I get that the defending was a bit more demanding in the last patch, which I agree made it more enjoyable, but it's not worth it at the cost of realism. If they can't figure out the right balance, I personally would take the current patch's realism.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    gh0ul wrote: »

Personally I thought the fact that every game had 8-16 goals in it made it too unrealistic.

I get that the defending was a bit more demanding in the last patch, which I agree made it more enjoyable, but it's not worth it at the cost of realism. If they can't figure out the right balance, I personally would take the current patch's realism.
    What game modes do you play?
  • gh0ul
    65 posts Park Captain

Ultimate Team only -- and I'm a regular Gold 1-3 WL player before anyone accuses me of being bad, hit Elite 3 twice last year also.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional

Ultimate Team only -- and I'm a regular Gold 1-3 WL player before anyone accuses me of being bad, hit Elite 3 twice last year also.

I suppose if you enjoyed Fifa 17 your like the patch. But pre patch was more fun more challenging and you could use a wide variety of formations and different play styles. I imagine you like the PTB 4321 formation and try your hardest to get gold 3 that's what kills the game of any fun. Just gotta grind down poor players tactics for 75% of champs the good players don't play like that so you have about 10 good games a week.
  • Weezyldn
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your survey means nothing.
    Just because people are moaning on forums it doesn't speak for the wider player base.

Lots of people are happy with the patch they just don't have the same motivation to declare their approval online.

EA will monitor average play times ect and decide if they are happy with the current state.

In the meen time why not stop moaning and practice incase you don't get your wish

• blue9
    935 posts Professional
    FrostyO4 wrote: »

They can say what they want bro, I just want the game back and I won't bother anyone again. I was enjoying the new Fifa a lot for them just to ruin it within a week.
    Game is better after the patch... Keepers still need a nerf
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    Weezyldn wrote: »
    Just because people are moaning on forums it doesn't speak for the wider player base.

Lots of people are happy with the patch they just don't have the same motivation to declare their approval online.

EA will monitor average play times ect and decide if they are happy with the current state.

In the meen time why not stop moaning and practice incase you don't get your wish

He doesn't need to practice he played the exact same game last year
  • gh0ul
    65 posts Park Captain

I suppose if you enjoyed Fifa 17 your like the patch. But pre patch was more fun more challenging and you could use a wide variety of formations and different play styles. I imagine you like the PTB 4321 formation and try your hardest to get gold 3 that's what kills the game of any fun. Just gotta grind down poor players tactics for 75% of champs the good players don't play like that so you have about 10 good games a week.

No, like I say I preferred the pre-patch defending -- I just think the lack of overall realism in that version because of the constant high scoring ridiculous games ruined it. If they can't balance proper defending with realism, then I take realism of the scoreline as I say

For the record, I play a pretty slow and methodical possession based game and usually have 60%+ possession in every single game I play so I'm not too bothered how it effects my game style overall
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    I'm against the patch as well but the complaining needs to stop. Game is trash and it will stay that way. We'll all have to go through this now like every year. Save your energy mate.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    I'm against the patch as well but the complaining needs to stop. Game is trash and it will stay that way. We'll all have to go through this now like every year. Save your energy mate.

It saddens me that your probably right! Ea will see everyone still playing champs and keep it the same.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4341 posts National Call-Up

I'm fairly new but my brothers are both fut founders and that is pretty much their opinion. Game is good for a week ,the noobs (that want instant success )cry and ea change it . Obviously the type of people that ain't willing to work on improving on a game are the ones that won't be willing to work to build up coins so they spend a ton on fp, that's the big problem .
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional

I'm fairly new but my brothers are both fut founders and that is pretty much their opinion. Game is good for a week ,the noobs (that want instant success )cry and ea change it . Obviously the type of people that ain't willing to work on improving on a game are the ones that won't be willing to work to build up coins so they spend a ton on fp, that's the big problem .

This. It all down to ea not making enough money and wanting the terrible players spending money on packs even people I know irl spend 40-60 on packs and their below average players.
  • jackm57
    2280 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did you like FIFA 18 pre patch or post?

Pre-patch 912 votes 65%

Feels the same to me 282 votes 20%

Post-patch 206 votes 15%

There you have it an overwhelming 912 vs 206 in favour of the gameplay before the patch.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO EA - DELETE THE PATCH!
  • Gromit
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    Weezyldn wrote: »

This

This forum is a SMALL percentage of the player base, the people that open this thread are an even smaller number. And given your subject title aimed at those that feel disgruntled and more likely to agree with you.

It ain't changing back.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    jackm57 wrote: »
    Did you like FIFA 18 pre patch or post?

Pre-patch 912 votes 65%

Feels the same to me 282 votes 20%

Post-patch 206 votes 15%

There you have it an overwhelming 912 vs 206 in favour of the gameplay before the patch.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO EA - DELETE THE PATCH!

912 people deciding the game for a few million, aye.
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional

Fifa 18 before last week was an amazingly fresh enjoyable game. I loved all the goals and passing and the fact everyone had to manually defend. Fast forward 10 days and the game is now in a state thats worse than Fifa 17 ever was. I am not sure the developers even know what they want the game to be anymore.

Pre patch I was on balanced everygame, after 20 games of WL i have played against opponents 90% of time on 4321 ultra D every game, not pressing any buttons until the CPU makes tackles for them. Not to mention the defenders + GK acting like the wall of Berlin in every game. Its literally turned into one of the most depressing Fifas I have ever played in the space of two weeks.

Why does this company have to go from one extreme to the other. People asked for slight nerfs instead we get inhuman GK from every angle and distance. I just had a WL game where I had 25 shots, 18 on target and game went to penalties where he saved on of mine ( indicators gone online?). Its so frustrating I am thinking of asking for refund soon as this company knows nothing of game balancing. How can developrs of games like Dota for example can keep a game fresh for 10+ years with patches yet fifa cant adjust some bloody sliders in the right order
  • peja
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    YOU want the game back to how it suited YOU!!
    My record hasn’t a changed at all, I win some, I lose some. But since the patch, instead of 6-5 or 5-4 results, my games are ending 2-1, 2-0. And even a 2 all draw here and there. Pretty realistic if you ask me, and isn’t that the point of the game, for it to be as realistic as real life? If not then go play NBA 2K, I’m getting some crazy scores like 85-79 all the time. Decent game too
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    peja wrote: »
    My record hasn’t a changed at all, I win some, I lose some. But since the patch, instead of 6-5 or 5-4 results, my games are ending 2-1, 2-0. And even a 2 all draw here and there. Pretty realistic if you ask me, and isn’t that the point of the game, for it to be as realistic as real life? If not then go play NBA 2K, I’m getting some crazy scores like 85-79 all the time. Decent game too

You were conceding 5 goals it's say it all.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move

Delete
  • peja
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park

Do you honestly think that bothers me in the slightest??
    The whole point is to try and make the game as realistic as possible, I still lose games by about the same ratio I was losing them before, but at least now it’s “realistic”. And if you want to come back with a reply, How about try and be less of a peasant and actually make a legitimate point that relates to both sides of the argument??!!
  • JayBee
    1021 posts Professional

Do you honestly think that bothers me in the slightest??
    The whole point is to try and make the game as realistic as possible, I still lose games by about the same ratio I was losing them before, but at least now it’s “realistic”. And if you want to come back with a reply, How about try and be less of a peasant and actually make a legitimate point that relates to both sides of the argument??!!

Oh so basically you want to see a realistic game which requires no skill and the ai hold your hand in defence, if you couldn't defend you conceded goals simple as that mate, it's you not controlling your defence and wanting the ai to tackle/intercept for you.
  • hayhor1
    14279 posts Has That Special Something

You want me to make you an actual poll on here?
  • Robmu22
    1343 posts Professional
    Yeah, voted pre-patch.

To me, this game is feeling more and more like fifa 17.

I've just had 3 grindy as hell games where i had to graft like mad just to break down a wall of 10 ai controlled Maldini's camping in his box with 10ft legs to intercept everything!

• JayBee
    1021 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »

You want me to make you an actual poll on here?

This polls been going on here bud and Reddit mate.